Kodi Community Forum
Solved linux..no sound through home theatre - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Solved linux..no sound through home theatre (/showthread.php?tid=177820)

Pages: 1 2

linux..no sound through home theatre - wyldehabs - 2013-11-12

I plug into port where ps3 normally is..and. I get no sound through home theater system..I get it from ps3 but nothingf from Linux box.I only get sound from tv..what do I change or how can i enjoy hd sound.or something through stereo.

RE: linux..no sound through home theatre - nickr - 2013-11-12

Please use proper sentences.

You need to change your audio settings in XBMC. Instructions http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings

RE: linux..no sound through home theatre - wyldehabs - 2013-11-12

Thank you..I will try it out today.

RE: linux..no sound through home theatre - wyldehabs - 2013-11-13

Dang still can't get it..gives me like a ton of options for sound then like 2.0 2.1 all the way up to 7.I have a Sony 3d stereo home theater..so I guess I gotta figure what setting to have...very confusing

RE: linux..no sound through home theatre - nickr - 2013-11-13

Start watching a movie.

Go to audio settings

Set:

Audio Output: analog
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Every other option 'off'
Cycle through the audio output devices until sound comes out your speakers.

Once we have the correct device, we can progress from there.

PS

1. how is your computer connected to the home theatre system? HDMI? S/PDIF (ie optical)

2. What codecs will your home theatre system play back? Older ones will do 5.1 codecs lke dts and ac3. Newer ones will do HD audio codecs like DTS-HD MA and TrueHD.

RE: linux..no sound through home theatre - wyldehabs - 2013-11-15

Still not working..all I'm doing is unplugging HDMI for ps3 and using pivos HDMI cable and using the same port

If I change to analog on audio output then I can't change anything else. Maybe next day w fresh eyes and more patience will help.. I just Dont understand,it shouldnt be this hard..I really appreciate your help..very much.I lost right now

RE: linux..no sound through home theatre - un1versal - 2013-11-15

Remove purge pulseaudio and libasound-plugins?

Re: linux..no sound through home theatre - nickr - 2013-11-15

What is the audio output device set to?

Audio output when I'm watchn the movie is 2.0 and HDMI..cause no matter what I'm on it sounds the same..I got lots of sound through tv..but nothing through stereo still....as far as remove purge pulse audio etc..that is something I may have to get friend to do..it took me forever juat to add channels.lol ..I am going to have to take some more time when my boy isn't around.then I can concentrate too thanks to both of you..will keep u posted.I'm sure I will need more help

Im still trying to thank u two by clicking on thanks.but even that isn't working for me I Dont think.so thank uNiversal and nickr

RE: linux..no sound through home theatre - nickr - 2013-11-15

Please use English sentences. Sentences start with a Capital letter and end with ONE fullstop (not two).

Please also answer my question from post #6 above.

Please also advise:

1. What device do you have XBMC installed on?

2. How is it plugged into your home theatre?

Xbmc is on my pivos box..its a white box with green android symbol on it. I have Ethernet cable from my cable box to pivos. Then HDMI from pivos to HDMI #2 ony tv. Does that make sense?. It is the same port that my ps3 will use. But ps3uses wireless internet.
If I use my laptop ( it an HP laptop) I have same problem..no sound for home theater

RE: linux..no sound through home theatre - nickr - 2013-11-15

How do you expect the sound to get to the home theatre if it is not connected to anything?

I was told HDMI is all I need.its suppose to carry everything..I have HDMI from ps3 that goes into that same port and everything is fine.I select HDMI 2on my tv and tv on stereo and everything works..but when I take that out and put HDMI from pivos and use that port.then I get only tv and sound through tv.I'm really confused as to why.

RE: linux..no sound through home theatre - un1versal - 2013-11-15

Some TVs donot passtrough audio to receiver so connect whatever you want directly to receiver and presuming its properly confirgured then it will work, magic aside what wont make things just work just because you have the right cables or right equipment you also need correct connection/conmfiguration... Just review your connections to correct equipment you want audio to come out of and respective XBMC settings.

Awesome..thank you very much..I will connect directly..see what happens..I will let u know..thanks again