Kodi Community Forum
MQ5 - Fan-art - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: MQ5 - Fan-art (/showthread.php?tid=178222)

Pages: 1 2 3

MQ5 - Fan-art - ifndefx - 2013-11-17

Hi, I just started using MQ5 and I've come from MQ4. I noticed something odd that I'm hoping is not part of the actual design and its something that I'm not doing right.

When I'm in the Movies list, I'm using the Right List view, I'm not getting any fan-art displayed or any of the extra fan-art that I had downloaded. The background image is the default image (the one with the LG TV mounted on the wall...). It is showing the Cover and DVD image (image of the disc) and clear art if it is available.

I've tried to look for different options to see if I need to configure this and I haven't been able to find it. In the Art menu I have the following options activated :
Show Video In Background
Default Fanart

I've also tried Extra Fanart and that didn't help either. I've also tried all the other views to see if it would help, and it didn't. Is this how it is in MQ5 or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks

RE: MQ5 - Fan-art - shermanpk - 2013-11-17

I am having the same issue. So I hope you get an answer.

RE: MQ5 - Fan-art - ShadowTek - 2013-11-17

For what its worth, Its not in the actual design because fanart and extra fanart are working for me:

RE: MQ5 - Fan-art - ifndefx - 2013-11-18

Thanks ShadowTek, I've managed to get it to work now. I think what I did was change the theme/style to an alternate one and then it started working. I went back to the default theme/style and it was working - I'm not really sure now. Shermanpk give that a shot and see if it works.

RE: MQ5 - Fan-art - Sajarac - 2013-11-21

Hello There,
Hope somebody can help me. I'm so frustrated don't know what I'm doing wrong but obviously looks live everything, anyway I have my library with 100 albums I've just put 10 albums in a separate folder to scan with art Manager, I can see cd case, disk spinning but only one fanart in the background, the rest of my music collection is almost custom music not directly ripped from Cd's. now my question is:
Can I download by my own fanart and cdart and put in the same folder as the music? if so how can I do in order to xbmc recognizes this and show my cd case, disk spinning and fanart, extrafanart in the background??

Any "guru" that can help will be very appreciated.

Many thanks

RE: MQ5 - Fan-art - Enlightened - 2013-11-22

(2013-11-21, 20:04)Sajarac Wrote: Hello There,
Hope somebody can help me. I'm so frustrated don't know what I'm doing wrong but obviously looks live everything, anyway I have my library with 100 albums I've just put 10 albums in a separate folder to scan with art Manager, I can see cd case, disk spinning but only one fanart in the background, the rest of my music collection is almost custom music not directly ripped from Cd's. now my question is:
Can I download by my own fanart and cdart and put in the same folder as the music? if so how can I do in order to xbmc recognizes this and show my cd case, disk spinning and fanart, extrafanart in the background??

Any "guru" that can help will be very appreciated.

Many thanks
you can add a folder called extrafanart into your music and turn it on in xbmc. then for poster you can add them 1 by 1. Going to info the get thumb and browse to local directory.
c:/music/artist/extrafanart/artwork named anything will work
or just place one picture and rename to fanart
c:/music/artist/fanart.jpg

now for cd art it will go in the album folder renamed to cdart
c:/music/artist/album/cdart.png

If xbmc isn't pulling the correct info might I suggest using mp3tag to retag the artist and album artist. It's what I've done to all my music. Sometimes files aren't tagged right. I've found having artist and album artist as the same person
saves alot of headache. So I have mine as

c:/music/eminem/The Eminem Show [2002]/01 - Curtains Up (skit).mp3

But xbmc reads the tag to get info so if the tag says the song is artist-eminem album artist-slim shady it might cause problems so I just retag all for eminem.
Same for art manager it reads the tag for artist and album artist

RE: MQ5 - Fan-art - Wanilton - 2013-11-22

Look here for see one video how configure music in skin aeon mq5

http://www.xbmcbrasil.net/showthread.php?tid=842

RE: MQ5 - Fan-art - Sajarac - 2013-11-22

Thank you very much for your reply. can you please let me know if this sample works:
Music Library

i.e. Duran Duran - Gratest Hits\....mp3
Duran Duran - Gratest Hits\CDArt.png
Duran Duran - Gratest Hits\fanart.jpg
Duran Duran - Gratest Hits\folder.jpg

and what is the best way "setup" to see in the main menu when the music in playing my CD case, disk spinning and fanart in the background, something easy?

Thanks again for your advise

(2013-11-22, 02:35)Wanilton Wrote: Look here for see one video how configure music in skin aeon mq5

http://www.xbmcbrasil.net/showthread.php?tid=842

Hey many thanks. I cannot get into the video. Do I have to log in in that site?

Please let me know

RE: MQ5 - Fan-art - Wanilton - 2013-11-22

@Sajarac, sorry, fixed, changed permission, it´s ok now..

RE: MQ5 - Fan-art - Sajarac - 2013-11-22

(2013-11-22, 15:43)Wanilton Wrote: @Sajarac, sorry, fixed, changed permission, it´s ok now..

Thank you very much, now I can see the video. I'll adjust my settings, tonight and I'll let you know. so far very nice video.

Thanks again

RE: MQ5 - Fan-art - Sajarac - 2013-11-27

Thanks guys for all of your support, followed the video and it works, Terrific!!!!. but now I'm facing another issue. here is: most of my music library is not properly tagged, but I have every album in a folder and inside the folder a have : folder.jpg, fanart.jpg, cdart.png, another folder called extrafanart and inside fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, fanart3.jpg, and so on.

Now my question is: how can I do to adjust my settings in order that the skin choose my own fanart and extrafanart instead of the other one, "internet"

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

RE: MQ5 - Fan-art - Enlightened - 2013-11-27

(2013-11-27, 20:07)Sajarac Wrote: Thanks guys for all of your support, followed the video and it works, Terrific!!!!. but now I'm facing another issue. here is: most of my music library is not properly tagged, but I have every album in a folder and inside the folder a have : folder.jpg, fanart.jpg, cdart.png, another folder called extrafanart and inside fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, fanart3.jpg, and so on.

Now my question is: how can I do to adjust my settings in order that the skin choose my own fanart and extrafanart instead of the other one, "internet"

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

go to artist info and hit reload it should ask to ignore local info and refresh from the internet just hit no.

RE: MQ5 - Fan-art - Sajarac - 2013-11-27

Thanks for your reply, it doesn't work or i don't know how to do it. Do you mind to explain to me with detail? sorry to bug you to much.

Many thanks

RE: MQ5 - Fan-art - Sajarac - 2013-11-28

(2013-11-27, 23:14)Sajarac Wrote: Thanks for your reply, it doesn't work or i don't know how to do it. Do you mind to explain to me with detail? sorry to bug you to much.

Many thanks

So now at this stage it looks like you're the only authorithy about the music fanart, I was in the xbmc chat and nobody couldn't explain how to do it. if you can help setting my music up I'm willing to pay you for your advice. Please let me know and thanks in advance for your reply.

RE: MQ5 - Fan-art - Enlightened - 2013-11-29

try removing artist nfo from the folder. then you should be able to go to the artist info and hit reload. Had a problem reloading info for an artist this morning myself. would hit reload and it was all just blank. This seemed to fix it for me. Music scraping in xbmc is a crap shoot it seems to me. not as easy as tv and movies. only this past week have I gone in to fix everything adding artwork and info. My first problem was extrafanart not caching for my other installs to pickup. Found out there absolutely needed to be a jpg in the artist directory named fanart before it would cache extrafanart.
folder directory as i have it on mine is
D:\Music\eminem\
Aritst.nfo
Fanart.jpg
Folder.jpg
Logo.png
Infinite [1996]\
album.nfo
cdart.png
folder.jpg
The Slim Shady LP [1999]\
album.nfo
cdart.png
folder.jpg
The Marshall Mathers LP [2000]\
album.nfo
cdart.png
folder.jpg
The Eminem Show [2002]\
album.nfo
cdart.png
folder.jpg
Extrafanart\
fanart.jpg
fanart1.jpg
fanart2.jpg
Encore [2004]\
album.nfo
cdart.png
folder.jpg
Relapse [2009]\
album.nfo
cdart.png
folder.jpg
Recovery [2010]\
album.nfo
cdart.png
folder.jpg
The Marshall Mathers LP 2 [2013]\
album.nfo
cdart.png
folder.jpg

If anything you can export music library to separate files and thumbnails, fanart. should add all the files xbmc scraped for you that you didn't add yourself to your music folders. then remove and clean library then readd.