Kodi Community Forum
My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=178871)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - bigdogeh - 2013-11-30

(2013-11-29, 01:37)Netix Wrote: Is it possible to watch flash video with the web browser on the OUYA ? I want to replace my xbmc laptop but I use it also to watch streaming hockey game via web browser

yes, there is a working flash.apk that works with ouya.... google it and you should be able to find it... need to get the correct version for 4.2.2 android (going from memory) that we are running...

My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - sarlan19 - 2013-12-02

Hi all,

1-Can ne1 confirm That dts and dd mkv rip Will work on ouya with SBMC ? I want 5.1 surround sound Smile

2- can i save my xbmc settings on my win7 pc with xbmc backup addon and reload them on ouya ?

RE: My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - joelbaby - 2013-12-05

Ouya got trashed on reddit today.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1s5mj0/a_moment_of_silence_for_that_kid_please/cdu7jx1

The youtube links are something special

My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - solamnic - 2013-12-05

(2013-12-05, 18:29)joelbaby Wrote: Ouya got trashed on reddit today.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1s5mj0/a_moment_of_silence_for_that_kid_please/cdu7jx1

Hahahaha ...

According to reddit Previous works of Ouya developers were a wireless Ipad speakers and...

And...

And...

A...... woman's vibrator that could last for seven hours !!!!!!!!!!!

Looooooooooooool

RE: My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - Ned Scott - 2013-12-06

Quote:It does have its niche; some people love it for media streaming features like XMBC, and there are a couple of enjoyable co-op games. It's also fairly good for emulating, but you can easily do that with just about anything else anyways.

This guy is dumb. Not only did he call it XMBC, but for the cost/power and ease of set up (especially if you want official support for things like Netflix, Hulu, etc, which are much more set-top-friendly on Android than they are on a desktop), the OUYA is fantastic deal. People are still buying basic media players for $100.

Enjoy your gbox when it catches on fire and no one supports your firmware anymore, ya twat.

RE: My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - Twisk - 2013-12-12

I've got a question hopefully someone here might be able to help out with. I've been using SPMC for about two weeks now I think (had my OUYA for about a month, LOVE it).

I noticed something strange recently. I'm using SPMC to access my Plex Media Server by the way (via the plexbmc plugin)...

Once I get towards the end of a movie, the video begins to slightly stutter. If I don't do anything, it gets progressively worse. The stutter is super quick, you almost don't even see it. But yeah, it just gets worse and more noticeable as you go.

I tried a few things to see if I could fix this such...

1) Pausing the movie and clearing the RAM on the Mac running the PMS (no change),
2) Pausing the film for a minute or two (no change),
3) Then I simply quit SPMC and restarted it - continued playing the movie and presto! Smooth as silk again.

I'm assuming SPMC is running out of RAM or something, is there anything I can do to fix this (other than quitting SPMC and restarting it)?

RE: My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - tolax - 2013-12-12

I'm using mine purely as a low power library updater. Only issue I run into is that every 2-3 days it appears that the controllers need to be synced.

Interesting I do not use the controller as it autoboots into spmc then I use a remote. Anyone seen anything similar? More importantly anyone know how to disable this?

RE: My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - a_team - 2013-12-13

Ouya + SPMC + Mele F10 Pro. Loving it! Can't wait for Gotham

RE: My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - 0ldfart - 2013-12-13

(2013-12-05, 18:29)joelbaby Wrote: Ouya got trashed on reddit today.

For gaming, yes, but notably an absence of complaints about xbmc functionality, and a number of positive comments from people using it for this feature.

RE: My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - Twisk - 2013-12-13

Just a quick update on my previous post, I updated to the latest version of SPMC which allows audio passthrough (it's working perfectly)!

I watched three movies yesterday, never turned off SPMC, the stuttering never re-appeared!

...I'm guessing since SPMC doesn't have to deal with audio decoding now, well, that's what's freeing up the video (that's my non-technical explanation/guess).

RE: My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - bibi - 2013-12-13

I use my Ouya with nightly build as a secondary unit in my bedroom.

If you dont need :

- CEC
- 24p
- HD audio passthrough
- mpeg2 HD deinterlacing
- a classic remote control
- wifi connection
- perfect silence (sometimes the fan is quite noisy)

That's perfect, i use ACE as a skin, with mysql library, SD liveTV, no judder/stutter (considering that it is 60Hz).
In summary, it's perfect if you use it for what it is, a secondary unit. If you want a home cinema , go like everybody with x86+nvidia+openelec, or anything else on windows.

Bibi

RE: My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - Twisk - 2013-12-13

Wait a second, I'm using the OUYA as our main media device for the entertainment center here at home.

My MacBook Pro is set-up in my office (my main workstation) and runs the PMS (connected to a 17 TB array, everything is wired via Gigabit Ethernet here too). Now our OUYA plays all our media from the PMS, and everyone here at home absolutely loves it! Smile

The price of the OUYA was perfect, the footprint of the OUYA is perfect, and now it's serving up all our media perfectly as well (no more hiccups, full 1080p direct play from the PMS, DTS passthrough now thanks to the latest build of SPMC).

It's working 100% perfectly for us. There's no way I'm going to now go out and buy a separate Windows machine to connect to my Mac's PMS simply because that's what everybody else does. Smile

RE: My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - 00b5 - 2013-12-13

Thanks for the updates, i'm looking for something to move from my current players (mostly ATV2s) to something with a little more power, without investing in a few hundred $$$ machine (though I will want that for my primary setup eventually).

I was looking at a Pi, cheap celeron barebones, and up to NUCs (holding out for the bay trail one), and it does seem that this Ouya is promising, still lets me get netflix, and I see lots of ways to do some retro gaming. Might pick one up after the holidays at this rate.

RE: My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - a_team - 2013-12-14

(2013-12-13, 23:51)00b5 Wrote: Thanks for the updates, i'm looking for something to move from my current players (mostly ATV2s) to something with a little more power, without investing in a few hundred $$$ machine (though I will want that for my primary setup eventually).

I was looking at a Pi, cheap celeron barebones, and up to NUCs (holding out for the bay trail one), and it does seem that this Ouya is promising, still lets me get netflix, and I see lots of ways to do some retro gaming. Might pick one up after the holidays at this rate.

Do it. If you don't like it - Factory Restore & Return it. It'll give you something to do during the holiday lul.

RE: My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC - touser - 2013-12-15

(2013-12-13, 23:51)00b5 Wrote: Thanks for the updates, i'm looking for something to move from my current players (mostly ATV2s) to something with a little more power, without investing in a few hundred $$$ machine (though I will want that for my primary setup eventually).

Just make sure to grab the latest SPMC build from here: http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?8220-SPMC-Koying

The official ouya xbmc app is limited due to licensing bs, which is extremely disappointing and limits the gift possibilities of the box to non-technical people.