Kodi Community Forum
Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+--- Thread: Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc? (/showthread.php?tid=179121)

Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc? - goblygoop - 2013-11-27

If I use something like The Scheduler, how do I tell xbmc to reset the EPG (like what happens when you click on "reset epg" in Live TV, and tell it to reboot. I'd prefer they be two seperate processes so I can adjust their startup time.

RE: Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc? - negge - 2013-11-28

I don't know of any way to trigger the EPG reset remotely at the moment. More importantly, why do you need to do this?

RE: Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc? - LastCoder - 2013-11-28

A great feature request (I'd like to have a "reset EPG DB every x ours) !

Why - obviously XMBC has a lot of trouble to obtain a consistent epg database. After 1 - 2 days epg data are getting corrupt more an more (in XBMCs database; starting and ending times); only LiveTV->EPG->Reset EPG database and reloading from pvr backend helps to get no corrupt information - I do it manually every day to avoid broken timers. Maybe it's solved in Gotham, but in Frodo it's pain in the ass ..

Greetz

LCS

RE: Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc? - negge - 2013-11-28

I have never experienced that at all, and I never close XBMC. Maybe the addon is at blame?

RE: Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc? - opdenkamp - 2013-11-29

it is

RE: Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc? - goblygoop - 2013-11-29

Well.. In the interim while the add on is becoming stable. I would love to do this. Am I hearing that it's not possible?

RE: Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc? - negge - 2013-11-30

At the moment I don't think it's possible. The best approach would be to add a method for resetting the EPG to the JSON-RPC API, similar to VideoLibrary.Clean.

RE: Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc? - prae5 - 2013-11-30

Or get the add-on dev to fix the add-on…….

Re: Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc? - nickr - 2013-11-30

I've never understood why xbmc needs it's own epg database when it is stored on the backend's database anyway. Why not just query the backend?

RE: Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc? - negge - 2013-11-30

I guess querying the database is faster than quering the backend directly. Most of the time absolutely up-to-date information is not needed anyway.

RE: Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc? - goblygoop - 2013-11-30

Thank you for the feedback!

RE: Script? to reload epg nightly and reboot xbmc? - scarecrow420 - 2013-11-30

there is an option in XBMC to not store data in the EPG database isnt there? I have that option set myself, so that way everyytime XBMC starts up it requests fresh EPG from the backend rather than only every X hours when it is caching things in it's database. You could set this option, then just restart XBMC every X amount of time (rather than reset EPG database every X hours)