Kodi Community Forum
Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices (/showthread.php?tid=179961)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - Botafuco - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-06, 22:59)Maetrik Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 19:37)testooo Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 18:40)testooo Wrote: test update airplay:

xbmc 13 stable
win 7 pro
ipad 4 Os 7.1.1
youtube app 2.6.0.11251

video - doesn't work no action at all, ipad youtube freezes
music - works
images - works

Update : re-install youtube app on ipad resolved the problem

Same here, many thanks for the hint

Reinstalling the youtube app on my iPad did not help for me. Or is there a specific way you did this?

youtube will only play one video just fine over airplay after starting up xbmc, but any video I want to play after that will just crash with a "playback error" on the app, and xbmc just stays on.

Only an xbmc restart works, but falls into the same issue after playing one video. I had the same thing on Frodo, except that restarting the airplay service did sometime helps... after many restarts, but that doesn't seem to work on Gotham.

RE: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - gusmin - 2014-05-07

For me also , video and music working now in Nuc 2820 - Openelec 4.0 with both Iphone 4 and Ipad 3 Retina (in ios 7.1.1).

On the other hand in Spotify although it works, when you put a playlist to continous play, after the 1st song the airplay function on xbmc stops although the next song is playing in Ipad (without sound and with selected as device the XBMC from the airplay menu)

RE: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - Botafuco - 2014-05-07

(2014-05-07, 14:33)gusmin Wrote: On the other hand in Spotify although it works, when you put a playlist to continous play, after the 1st song the airplay function on xbmc stops although the next song is playing in Ipad (without sound and with selected as device the XBMC from the airplay menu)

I observed that too! if I DISABLE the airplay service on XBMC (Gotham), my iPad still shows the XBMC device as an available aiplay port.

RE: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - MDW2 - 2014-05-07

After install XBMC 13 (stable Gotham) on my RaspberryPi (Raspbmc), the AirPlay:
- works on my iPhone4S (iOS 7.1.1),
- doesn't work on my iPad mini (iOS 7.1.1).

Why? Smile What is difference between iPad mini and iPhone4S with the same operating system?

-------- edit --------

I uninstalled and installed again YouTube application on my iPad mini and now... AirPlay works. Magic...

RE: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - testooo - 2014-05-08

(2014-05-07, 10:18)Botafuco Wrote: Reinstalling the youtube app on my iPad did not help for me. Or is there a specific way you did this?

youtube will only play one video just fine over airplay after starting up xbmc, but any video I want to play after that will just crash with a "playback error" on the app, and xbmc just stays on.

Only an xbmc restart works, but falls into the same issue after playing one video. I had the same thing on Frodo, except that restarting the airplay service did sometime helps... after many restarts, but that doesn't seem to work on Gotham.

I didn't do any specific way, just normal delete youtube app and re-install it , also what is your system specs ? please provide more details

RE: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - Botafuco - 2014-05-08

(2014-05-08, 00:55)testooo Wrote: I didn't do any specific way, just normal delete youtube app and re-install it , also what is your system specs ? please provide more details

Thanks, that's how I tried reinstalling youtube app too. My specs are Gotham 13.0 (4/May) on Windows 7; iPad Mini Retina iOS 7.1.1.

I'll try again tonight, making sure the ipad is disengaged completely from airplay (maybe even a restart) before installing back.

RE: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - testooo - 2014-05-08

(2014-05-08, 09:41)Botafuco Wrote:
(2014-05-08, 00:55)testooo Wrote: I didn't do any specific way, just normal delete youtube app and re-install it , also what is your system specs ? please provide more details

Thanks, that's how I tried reinstalling youtube app too. My specs are Gotham 13.0 (4/May) on Windows 7; iPad Mini Retina iOS 7.1.1.

I'll try again tonight, making sure the ipad is disengaged completely from airplay (maybe even a restart) before installing back.

I did the follows .... Delete youtube app -> restart windows -> restart iPad -> install youtube app -> start xbmc

And now each time I start windows and xbmc airplay works perfect, but for example TED app doesn't work as i did the same with youtube, I didn't test airplay ( TED ) with another airplay server to determine whether the problem with the app or xbmc, but if you have itv 2 or 3 you can test TED app, and see if xbmc or the app to be blamed

Good luck

RE: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - JasperE - 2014-05-08

(2014-05-04, 23:08)JasperE Wrote: With gotham final and ios 7.1.1, iphone 4s, airplay of video doesnt seem to work. The first frame of the video is shown on xbmc, but when i press play on the ios device, then the ios shows a popup error which translates to english as follows: operation could not be completed.
This is the case for both the ios youtube app, and also for videos from the built in gallery.

Airplay of pictures and music works, which as far as im concerned is a big win Smile
No more shairport4w in an external backgound process Smile

Thanks for all the work put in.

Edit: btw im using margro's build of gotham final for fast pvr channel switching.

Not sure why, but video streaming works now. Seems to be some randomness at play here Smile havent updatend anything since. Smile

RE: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - Botafuco - 2014-05-08

(2014-05-08, 18:09)testooo Wrote: I did the follows .... Delete youtube app -> restart windows -> restart iPad -> install youtube app -> start xbmc

And now each time I start windows and xbmc airplay works perfect, but for example TED app doesn't work as i did the same with youtube, I didn't test airplay ( TED ) with another airplay server to determine whether the problem with the app or xbmc, but if you have itv 2 or 3 you can test TED app, and see if xbmc or the app to be blamed

Good luck

Thanks testooo! I followed the sequence you described and my iPad now seems to be playing with youtube any video I play, stop, play, stop, load another, plays... etc.

Being happy as I am, I went and tested other programs, all of these work on my iPad/iPhone now: DS Video app (Synology), IMDB app (trailer), Redbull TV and Twitch (this last one took up to 30 seconds delay to start, it looks like it doesn't work but the I guess the stream takes a while).
Also on both devices: Photos stream fine, Spotify also (though I had to re-engage the iPad to airplay as it failed the first try).

Also on both devices: TED, I couldn't get it to work. The app doesn't even stop with a "playback error".

Thanks again! <3

RE: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - david1337 - 2014-05-09

(2014-05-08, 19:47)JasperE Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 23:08)JasperE Wrote: With gotham final and ios 7.1.1, iphone 4s, airplay of video doesnt seem to work. The first frame of the video is shown on xbmc, but when i press play on the ios device, then the ios shows a popup error which translates to english as follows: operation could not be completed.
This is the case for both the ios youtube app, and also for videos from the built in gallery.

Airplay of pictures and music works, which as far as im concerned is a big win Smile
No more shairport4w in an external backgound process Smile

Thanks for all the work put in.

Edit: btw im using margro's build of gotham final for fast pvr channel switching.

Not sure why, but video streaming works now. Seems to be some randomness at play here Smile havent updatend anything since. Smile

I've had the exact same experience as you! First try with Gotham and airplay, the videos did the exact same thing as you described.
But later when I gave it another go, it worked like a charm. So yes, something random is at play Smile I found out that turning off/on wifi on the iPhone, seems to fix the problem. (You have to wait for the airplay icon to turn in to a monitor instead of a speaker symbol)

Music and pictures works every time with airplay now! So it's definitely a HUGE improvement!

Guys, thank you so much for all your time and effort in this thread!

RE: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - Maetrik - 2014-05-09

Well, i was a bit too quick to jump up.

AirPlay works on iPhone 5S, iPad 3, iPad Mini, all on 7.1.1
Does not work on iPhone 4, also on 7.1.1

RE: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - jnickell100 - 2014-05-10

(2014-04-23, 10:42)wwwidowntv Wrote: [quote='bigbobyo' pid='1685357' dateline='1397827314']

I'm having the same problem with NBA Game Time International app. When I airplay the live stream It stops after 5 minutes. Neulion develops both these apps. Hopefully the xbmc developers can figure out the problem since neulion develops alot of sports live stream apps.

I'm also having the same problem with NBA Game Time International app - When I airplay the live stream It stops after 5 minutes.
For non-live streams - like 15 minutes long condensed game - seems to work fine.

I'm having the exact same problem with airplay nfl game pass app. Video will stream perfectly for about 5 minutes then abort to home xbmc. This is happening on both amazon fire tv and windows 7 FROM ipad 2 (7.0.4) and iphone 5 (7.1.1)

RE: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - jnickell100 - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-10, 19:26)jnickell100 Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 10:42)wwwidowntv Wrote: [quote='bigbobyo' pid='1685357' dateline='1397827314']

I'm having the same problem with NBA Game Time International app. When I airplay the live stream It stops after 5 minutes. Neulion develops both these apps. Hopefully the xbmc developers can figure out the problem since neulion develops alot of sports live stream apps.

I'm also having the same problem with NBA Game Time International app - When I airplay the live stream It stops after 5 minutes.
For non-live streams - like 15 minutes long condensed game - seems to work fine.

I'm having the exact same problem with airplay nfl game pass app. Video will stream perfectly for about 5 minutes then abort to home xbmc. This is happening on both amazon fire tv and windows 7 FROM ipad 2 (7.0.4) and iphone 5 (7.1.1)
Nfl game pass, nhl Game Center and mlb at bat all display the same actions. They'll play for 5 minutes good quality and completely shut off. However, youtube will play the entire video without being interrupted. It is a gotham problem because I've tried airplay on rasp pi, amazon fire tv and windows 7

RE: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - Memphiz - 2014-05-12

No its not a gotham problem (meaning this problem would have been there in frodo too if it would support ios 7 i guess). Post a debug log (wiki) . But as somebody here stated already it seems to be something like a session token which is only valid for 5 minutes and needs to be renewed. XBMCs internal player doesn't support such mechanism and so it fails after 5 minutes because it tries to fetch the next chunk of video data with the invalidated session key.

This is a whole lot of guessing here.

RE: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices - jnickell100 - 2014-05-12

(2014-05-12, 12:52)Memphiz Wrote: No its not a gotham problem (meaning this problem would have been there in frodo too if it would support ios 7 i guess). Post a debug log (wiki) . But as somebody here stated already it seems to be something like a session token which is only valid for 5 minutes and needs to be renewed. XBMCs internal player doesn't support such mechanism and so it fails after 5 minutes because it tries to fetch the next chunk of video data with the invalidated session key.

This is a whole lot of guessing here.

Here are 2 logs.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=199853
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=199854

I can stream for 5 minutes then it completely exits out of xbmc so hopefully the logs work.