Kodi Community Forum
Android client - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Windows Media Center (WMC) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=205)
+---- Thread: Android client (/showthread.php?tid=180438)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Android client - scarecrow420 - 2014-01-19

so just to clarify the addon was included in the nightly build, but you tried installing it from zip as well? It shouldnt be necessary to do anything with that other than just use the one that should be part of the nightly build already

eventhough youve specified credentials in serverWMC it seems there is still a permissions error. you can add the share to the Video sources section of xbmc and when prompted for the user/pass key it in and tick the option to save the password. This stores it in some XBMC settings file somewhere and XBMC then has a stored credential for that path, which also works on the liveTV side. So then you can remove credentials in ServerWMC and it should use the stored details. Give that a try?

Another thing is to temporarily remove the password requirement on the windows server side, under advanced networking options turn off "password protected sharing". Depending on your personal securitry/nettwork requirement you could leave that option off (as some of us do regularly) or at least it's a step in the direction to figuring out what the problem may be. So give that a try too, even if only temporarily.

I guess it goes without saying but check/double check the user/password are typed correctly in serverWMC! And also if you happen to have any really strange characters in the user or password, although this shouldnt be an issue, it's worth trying to create a new windows user with a very simple name/password, eg xbmc/xbmc or whatever... again just to test/explore what may be happening.

I believe we have had reports in this thread of nexus 7 and s3 devices working, so that's a positive sign that it's an environmental factor for you and should be solvable

RE: Android client - bandook - 2014-01-20

Thanks SC. Yeah I was using inbuilt client app, I just copied it to the system data folder.

But my problem was just me being a dumdum. Blush I assumed the PW/UN that I entered in swmc was just exclusive to the server and clients. Then reading your reply it dawned on me that its more likely my desktop credentials. Then I had to remember what my password is…..been a long time since I'd entered it. Sheesh

So I can connect with both devices now, and pull a stream, but I just hear audio for a few seconds and then audio stops. It never goes full screen so I manually click full screen and my screen goes bonkers. It may be the ROM I'm using? If you want to see any logs let me know. Otherwise I'm not in a hurry to sort this out. Just a bonus if it works Smile

Being a cold and lazy Sunday, I haven't been able to pry the TV from others much. I'll play with it later.

Double post...

RE: Android client - scarecrow420 - 2014-01-20

may as well post up logs

(2014-01-20, 02:19)scarecrow420 Wrote: may as well post up logs

Ok, here ya go.

ServerWMC log

I'll get the log of my tablet in a sec..

Nexus 7

Here's what my screen did when I got to full screen.

The server log indicates everything is fine on that side.

The XBMC logs are so hard to make sense of but it seems to be having a libstagefright decoding errors (i believe this is the hardware accelerated decoding on android platform).

Potentially we can post for help in the libstagefright thread but before doing that I think we should try playing the same file from the Video section rather than PVR section. Set ServerWMC option to not delete temporary files, then watch a channel for say 30 seconds to get a test file. Now add the Recorded TV source to the Videos section in XBMC and try and play back the TS file (may as well test playing the WTV while you're there too) and let's see what happens. Also make sure that playing the TS file on your normal PC confirms that the TS file is all good. Dont forget to set ServerWMC to delete temporary stream files again, once youve grabbed the TS and WTV files for testing. Perhaps you can upload the TS file too, and others can try playing with their android devices (I have a HTC One, HTC One XL and Asus Transformer TF101 for example)

It's weird because I thought someone else posted in this thread with a Nexus 7 that was working OK...

Another thought... you can also try Frodo XBMC and install the Frodo pvr.wmc addon for android (you may have to move it into the rooted install area rather than sdcard if it wont load). This would help to determine if its a gotham issue or not... I think only Gotham has that libstagefright which might mean frodo just does software decoding... You also could try earlier gotham nightlies (have to install pvr.wmc yourself in that case as it;s only been included since last week), again just to see whether it could be something recently introduced into gotham...

RE: Android client - Vonspiel - 2014-01-20

@Dilligaf, @Scarecrow

Silly me! I just had to switch to the right path and now it works like a charm! Thank you people!

OK I reinstalled the 12.3 and everything is working. Pretty cool stuff! Only issue is an annoying chop/scratchiness in the audio.

In frodo, while playing a channel, if I open the audio settings I can change the audio stream from 2ch to 5.1. When I change to 5.1 I get the exact issue I had with the gotham build. So I thought to reinstall gotham and see if I could change the stream. However in Gotham I can't. There is only one ac3 5.1 stream. So I guess that must be the issue. I know Gotham introduces a new audio engine or something along those lines, so I'll just keep installing nightlies and report back when one of them works. Thanks SC.

RE: Android client - scarecrow420 - 2014-01-21

are you saying that the video file has 2 audio streams in it? Or are you saying its an XBMC setting for audio output that is changing from 2 to 5.1 ? Also in gotham if you arent aware some settings in the menus are hidden until you select "Advanced". But if this was changing audio streams from the OSD while playing a video then yeah I dont think its a Advanced Settings issue.

RE: Android client - bandook - 2014-01-21

On the osd I was able to change from 2 to 5.1, which caused the same issue I was seeing in Gotham. In Gotham I am unable to change the audio stream. SD is always 2ch, and hd is 5.1. Even in Gotham the streams come through correctly but I am unable to change anything in the osd on most channels, some channels there is a 2ch stream. For instance spike TV hd offers ac3 2ch unknown stream. Discovery hd only has 1 5.1 ac3 stream. I've changed what I could in system settings but it makes no difference.

RE: Android client - Jmhthefirst - 2014-01-23

On my Note 10.1 and the latest nightly, the epg loads fine but each channel just spins on "working" a few seconds and then stops. Any help?

Found my problem. I wasnt entering the password.

RE: Android client - scarecrow420 - 2014-01-23

(2014-01-23, 20:01)Jmhthefirst Wrote: On my Note 10.1 and the latest nightly, the epg loads fine but each channel just spins on "working" a few seconds and then stops. Any help?

Found my problem. I wasnt entering the password.

Indicates a file share problem. Are share/credentials setup correctly? Is this your first remote or non windows client? Assuming you do already have a working setup and are just trying to add an extra android client to the mix?

Post up ServerWMC log to pastebin, and the xbmc log if you can get it off your android device

RE: Android client - Jmhthefirst - 2014-01-23

As stated I found my problem. It was credentials.

RE: Android client - scarecrow420 - 2014-01-24

Oh whoops, The way this forum sometimes combines subsequent posts from the same user into their original post but with a horizontal line separator, I must have through it was your forum signature and not read it!

sorry about that and glad it's working OK Smile