Kodi Community Forum
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes (/showthread.php?tid=180446)

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - superfreak79 - 2014-02-03

(2014-02-03, 13:27)AuXBoX Wrote: Hope that helps

It does help... but unfortunately I'm not quite there yet. In recovery, I tried flashing two images and both had errors (see below). The second Linux image got further along in the process (3/4 complete) whereas Android stopped about 1/2 way through.

One more thing, bridging the pins you suggested has the same outcome (i.e., recovery) as did bridging pins 17&18 as recommended by Finless.

Can anyone make heads or tails of these error codes?

update_spi_mx_20130805.img

MX_LINUX-STVMX-update.img

Update: Look what happens when I flash update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img ... now what?

The LEDs are still red at this point. If I reboot from here, I get the red-pink screen of death. What should be flashed after update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img?

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - Maltesecross - 2014-02-03

Hey guys just reading on what you guys are attempting here. I was wondering if it would be possible to add your own personal wallpaper files in the sd card maker by modifying the Linux image files stated on page 1 of this thread?
I'm currently running Linux XBMC platform on my avt520e and so far its stable. I'm also using the updated firmware Jan 2 2014

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - superfreak79 - 2014-02-03

(2014-01-28, 06:31)AuXBoX Wrote: If you cannot boot your device into recovery mode or the led light stays red instead of going to green then you will need a serial cable.
I use usb TTL serial cable. As long as you use the sdcardmaker and the uboot_MX.bin from geniatech it will work. It took me a long time to find this out.

Hi AuXBoX,

My USB to RS232 arrived today. Would you mind sharing the steps followed? If I recall correctly, the Geniatech document talks about using a serial cable in steps 5 and on. Is that the process?

Thanks.

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - AuXBoX - 2014-02-04

Hey superfreak79

Follow this

How to burn SPI and firmware by serial port line on MX box

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - superfreak79 - 2014-02-04

(2014-02-04, 00:37)AuXBoX Wrote: Hey superfreak79

Follow this

How to burn SPI and firmware by serial port line on MX box

Thanks, but it's a dead link. Did you mean this one? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1r3anv4hfubi5wr/Ss2bD31f9Q

Urgh. I think my box is completely bricked now. No LEDs at all.

superfreak79 I had no LEDs either, yeh it's in there

(2014-02-04, 05:22)AuXBoX Wrote: superfreak79 I had no LEDs either, yeh it's in there

Hrmm, all the connections are good. What com port do I use for the USB? Do you remember baud rate and bits? I get nothing in that exe program(can't remember the name) h black screen. No data.

You can use programs tera term or putty.
Baudrate has to be 115200
check under device manager for which com port its using (usually COM3)
Make sure the driver for the serial is installed properly

Has your serial cable got individual connections or one connection with all wires in. You have to make sure you have them in the right place. You only need GND, TX and RX, do not plug the 3.3v(Red) wire in.

(2014-02-04, 06:48)AuXBoX Wrote: You can use programs tera term or putty.
Baudrate has to be 115200
check under device manager for which com port its using (usually COM3)
Make sure the driver for the serial is installed properly

Has your serial cable got individual connections or one connection with all wires in. You have to make sure you have them in the right place. You only need GND, TX and RX, do not plug the 3.3v(Red) wire in.

Yes to all - except I didn't check in device manager. Will try later on tonight. Thanks.

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - nfarinha - 2014-02-04

hey superfreak79, I'm having the same problem, assert error when flashing linux. Trying to use the "official" spi and firm but the boot keeps enter on recovery...

I'm guessing the boot.img has something about permission to write or it doens exist on the img/zip from linux

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - superfreak79 - 2014-02-05

(2014-02-04, 06:48)AuXBoX Wrote: Has your serial cable got individual connections or one connection with all wires in. You have to make sure you have them in the right place. You only need GND, TX and RX, do not plug the 3.3v(Red) wire in.

Urgh. Is it possible I killed this thing beyond repair? I know the settings/connections are right now - but a couple days ago I did have the 3.3v wire in and I had the Tx and Rx reversed. Plus, the wire that holds the lid onto the box came off unknowingly. Would any of that push this thing past the brink? I did smell a little burn the other day.

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - Biatsch - 2014-02-06

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1r3anv4hfubi5wr/Ss2bD31f9Q

Download Bootcard with RC2 from my Dropbox its all in there for flashing direct to RC2 from XDA, just copy Content to SD .....and read description dont Forget to execute execute uboot.....

If ur coming from Geniatech Linux u can use this bootcard to get directly to XDA RC2 for ATV

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - privado - 2014-02-07

I've tried editing the boot splash stream on these builds, Ive unpacked the zip and run unsquashfs on the usr.sqsh file changed the spalsh.png in media folder and then resquashed. When selecting the new file from recovery I am getting the installation aborted after the verifying update package error. Is there a way to either bypass the verify process or another alternative ?

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - tinker - 2014-02-08

Folks:

Still tinkering around with the Geniatech Linux/XBMC. It really is working quite well.

Did anyone figure out how to write to the usr.sqsh 'read only' file system? This would be very helpful for modding the finer points of this distribution (and I'll take my chances not breaking it!).

tinker

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - seven7 - 2014-02-08

Hi,
i have install XBMC 12.3 ATV1200 GIT:20131217-6ae230 Complied 2.Jan. 2014 and i add a USB-HD 3TB and the
XBMC make a message found HD. If j Add Files (Video'S) j can not found my USB-Hd !

Where is the HD ?

Dater