Kodi Community Forum
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes (/showthread.php?tid=180446)

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - Biatsch - 2014-05-23

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwdaidsmgqar0ap/MX_LINUX-Gotham_G02REF-05232014.zip

Small bugfixes no real big change

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - tinker - 2014-05-24

Biatsch:

Everything seemed to work but the NextPVR Live TV client. 'Unknown Error Occurred' was the message right at startup. When I reverted to your original, it came back and ran OK.

tinker

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - AuXBoX - 2014-05-24

Tinker hows the surround sound

(2014-05-24, 01:13)AuXBoX Wrote: Tinker hows the surround sound

AuXBox:

I don't use surround sound. I'm not sure if the Gotham version supports it. Even videos that say they are 5.1 show up as 2.0. If you let folks know that before the download/install, at least they'd have a choice.

I've been using Biatsch's original build for a week and am quite happy with it. The update isn't ready for prime time yet though.

tinker

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - AuXBoX - 2014-05-24

I see that when you compile it has the option for pulseaudio, wander if that makes a difference. By default it's on alsa. Has anyone tried alsamixer to see what's enabled

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - Biatsch - 2014-05-24

watch here to see changes

https://github.com/CoreTech-Development/buildroot-mx_linux/tree/united_aml

iam compiling a new one maybe something went wrong yesterday while compiling ......

...since yesterday no changes

.....NoReal1080p,No_DTS/AC3_Passtrough

@AuXBoX
tried enabling pulsaudio on last one .... but no changes in menu Sad..... croniccorey said he will fix this issue with dts/ac3

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - Biatsch - 2014-05-24

here it is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb3ejt9lfj6ht27/MX_LINUX-Gotham_G02REF-05242014.zip
deleted previous one

(2014-05-24, 07:48)Biatsch Wrote: here it is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb3ejt9lfj6ht27/MX_LINUX-Gotham_G02REF-05242014.zip
deleted previous one

Biatsch:

New build? I'll give it a try tomorrow morning (your tomorrow afternoon)!

Cheers and good night:

tinker

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - raymw - 2014-05-24

Thanks very much Biatsch for bringing croniccorey's excellent build to us Linux XBMC users. I have your first compile already running for a few days on my MyGica ATV1200 box and working great except of course the annoying lack of DTS/AC3 sound not being configurable at all. At least it runs nice and stable and seems fast too. Also running it with the Amber skin as well like I did with Frodo but of course I do not get all those nice configuration help texts like you do with the default Gotham Confluence skin.

Trouble is I have a really nice new Denon Home Theatre unit model AVR-X500 which is simply excellent quality sound. Trouble is with this new Gotham build I miss those movies I get on add-ons like IceFilms that have full DTS or AC3 5.1 surround sound so htis is important to me and many others I am sure. Yes I see on the XDA forum that croniccorey is working on a fix for this DTS and AC3 sound problem and I look forward immensely to that, what a hero he is. Mind you DTS and AC3 via HDMI were flawed on Frodo 12.4 also but fine on 12.3 build. Works okay using a Toslink Fibre Optic connection to my Denon suitably configured but this is not ideal as I do not get the same auto sensing on the Denon HT as I do with HDMI and I understand HDMI gives better overall audio quality too.

The other fix I really look forward to is so that the WiFi can be accessible with Gotham (and Frodo 12.4) for the ATV520 boxes too with the Broadcom WiFi chipset they have. On those boxes I set up for folk I have to stay with Frodo 12.3 with that wonderful fix copying the DialogAccessPoints.xml file over to the .XBMC area as this worked a treat with Frodo 12.3 and earlier editions, good find for the guy who found that and posted it (cannot remember his name nor find it right now). But that fix does not work with 12.4 and Gotham as they use this new WiFi Network Manager add-on which as we know is not compatible with Broadcom devices. Would be great if instead of this WiFI Netwrork Manager add-on included in new builds to instead incorporate this DialogAccessPoints.xml file copying fix as that seems to work for all the boxes through the normal old Internet Access set up page, Is there a reason why this is not possible as I think a much better solution as far as my limited knowledge.allows??

Now going to update to your latest complile with as you say some minor bug fixes. Many thanks for your great work, always willign to test if you need any help from time to time.

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - raymw - 2014-05-24

Just discovered another big bug with this version of Gotham. The subtitles just do not work. With a movie playing I go to the get subtitles icon as I have always done and nothing happens at all even though I have it configured to download English and Thai subtitles. This is a biggie for me as i have a Thai family and especially set up XBMC with Arialuni.ttf file so it reproduces Thai sanscript characters correctly.for them. Now it will not even search for English ones let alone display any subtitles.

Have i missed something or is this like the DTS/AC3 and the Broadcom WiFi another big problem ?? Shame as everything else is working fine..

Biatsch:

Installed your update and the PVR worked fine this time! I went through all the major functions and everything else seems to be working as well. I'll let you know if I find any anomalies during day to day use.

Is it possible to point to a changelog of the bug fixes to this version so I can do more serious beta-testing?

Thank you for the effort you have put into this build. Even if you 'just' compiled it from developers source, we all play a part in the greater whole so everyone can benefit.

tinker

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - AuXBoX - 2014-05-25

Hay raymw are you able to ssh into the box with putty? or someway able to see the xbmc.log file?

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - tinker - 2014-05-25

(2014-05-24, 17:55)raymw Wrote: Just discovered another big bug with this version of Gotham. The subtitles just do not work. With a movie playing I go to the get subtitles icon as I have always done and nothing happens at all even though I have it configured to download English and Thai subtitles. This is a biggie for me as i have a Thai family and especially set up XBMC with Arialuni.ttf file so it reproduces Thai sanscript characters correctly.for them. Now it will not even search for English ones let alone display any subtitles.

Have i missed something or is this like the DTS/AC3 and the Broadcom WiFi another big problem ?? Shame as everything else is working fine..

(2014-05-25, 00:51)AuXBoX Wrote: Hay raymw are you able to ssh into the box with putty? or someway able to see the xbmc.log file?

raymw:

I found the xbmc.log file in /root/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log. I can't get Putty to connect, invalid password. But, you can use XBMC's File Manager to access the xbmc.log file. just copy it someplace where you can read it on another computer.

tinker

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - raymw - 2014-05-25

Hey many thanks Auxbox and Tinker for your prompt reply. Yes I do have Putty but only use it if I have to as normally easier with File Manager where appropriate. So thanks TInker for the heads up on the letmein password not working with this Gotham Linux build. Sounds from the jist of your reply that maybe this subtitle problem is not one I should be having.

Anyway here is the xbmc,log file you pointed me to and quite a lot of text. Pity I cannot just send you the 430KB file but I cannot see how I can do that on this forum ?? This was sent right after a cold boot.up. Then I thought well I should try to load up a movie from say Icefilms and try the subtitle download feature first (which fails to even come up with the usual Sub download screen). Did that but now every time I try to copy that now bigger 1.2 MB log file to my SD card it appears to copy and shows on the file manger list at 1,2MB but in the PC the file on the SD card is an empty 0KB file?? Weird or what, go figureHuh So here is the first straight after boot up log file I copied successfully.

I see that the passthrough audio for surround sound codecs is shown as False as I would have expected and seeing there is no way to turn those on in the menus.with this build at the moment.

Whoops now post is way too long with all this text so have put the log file in my public Dropbox folder and here is the link xbmc.log file

Thank you very much for looking at this for me.

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - tinker - 2014-05-27

Biatsch:

I still can't ssh with Putty to your Gotham version of Linux/XBMC. It's not an issue for me because, with my version of smb.conf, I have read/write access to the root file system. But, I can't reboot the ATV520 from another computer, a shame for a Linux system. The device is obviously rooted so it seems to be an issue with the user name and/or password. Can you look into this?

tinker