Kodi Community Forum
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes (/showthread.php?tid=180446)

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - javierpalj - 2014-09-15

Hello, finally I got to install the Gotham version from first page, I tried again the process described in first page before follow the instruction with your files, but this time it worked.
I see that it is version 13.1 I thought it was 13.2 ?
Now I have detected two issues by the moment:
1/ I have set the resolution to 1920 x 1080p and the TV has the same resolution however they do not fit, it seems that the picture is a bit bigger than the screen, for example the time displayed in the top right corner appears fitted at the half
2/ displaying videos from USB hard disk they show a bit of stuttering it is the same if they are mkv or avi and their weight
Any ideas?
Is there any later version of xbmc linux ?

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - bobones - 2014-09-15

1/ Use the video calibration tool in settings/system/video output
2/ Don't know, don't use usb, but I don't have stuttering problems with NAS or Internet streams, but I'm not using very high bitrate files.

Yes, there are 13.2 versions available elsewhere in this thread.

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - AuXBoX - 2014-09-16

(2014-09-15, 21:50)javierpalj Wrote: Hello, finally I got to install the Gotham version from first page, I tried again the process described in first page before follow the instruction with your files, but this time it worked.
1/ I have set the resolution to 1920 x 1080p and the TV has the same resolution however they do not fit, it seems that the picture is a bit bigger than the screen, for example the time displayed in the top right corner appears fitted at the half
2/ displaying videos from USB hard disk they show a bit of stuttering it is the same if they are mkv or avi and their weight
Any ideas?

Flash this version for 13.2

Go to setting and change the video calibration to fit to screen
Change video setting to adjust refresh rate on start and stop to stop stuttering, it's the refresh rate thats the problem there

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - Hemps - 2014-09-16

Running on gotham 13.2 MX Linux, I am trying to get AirPlay working but it will not play any videos or music from my iPhone or iPad anymore.

When running Android 4.4.2 it played fine in Gotham 13.2.
I'm on IOS8 on both devices.
Suggestions?

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - raymw - 2014-09-16

Hi Hemp.

I always find no matter what XBMC Linux build I use that Airplay only works here from my iPhones and iPads IF my XBMC Linux box is also connected to my router via the WiFi link, so has to be the very same WiFi as my Apple devices are using. If I connect the XBMC box up with a wired Ethernet connection to my Router then Airplay will not work and gives me no Airplay icons on my Apple devices as though it just does not exist !!! So to make sure it works just ensure that your XBMC box is connected to the same local WiFi network as your Apple devices.

BTW I personally do not and will not use Android bloatware here and only ever use the more efficient Linux XBMC.

Never understand why it will not consider my whole LAN, whether wired or WiFi connected, as being on the same network connection?? Obviously a function of the router (mine is a DLink DSL 2750E and yes I have tried altering various options to try to cure this but all to no avail). I am also a retired comms engineer so very familiar with router settings normally too but if anyone here knows the answer to this then would be very pleased to hear from you, as it seems would Hemp too.

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - mahmud - 2014-09-16

hi any one update mygica a11 box with Linux xbmc? I have update mygica a11 xbmc Frodo 12.0 which very old version not working some movie ......if any one get latest update for mygica a11 please reply me . thanks advance

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - javierpalj - 2014-09-16

(2014-09-16, 00:39)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-09-15, 21:50)javierpalj Wrote: Hello, finally I got to install the Gotham version from first page, I tried again the process described in first page before follow the instruction with your files, but this time it worked.
Any ideas?

Change video setting to adjust refresh rate on start and stop to stop stuttering, it's the refresh rate thats the problem there

AuXBoX, as far as I have seen in the thread I should revert to Android before install Gotham 13.2, once in Android how do I flash your file? Should I replace the zip file from the Gotham 13.1 package and follow the same process?

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - AuXBoX - 2014-09-17

(2014-09-16, 21:24)javierpalj Wrote:
(2014-09-16, 00:39)AuXBoX Wrote:
Any ideas?

AuXBoX, as far as I have seen in the thread I should revert to Android before install Gotham 13.2, once in Android how do I flash your file? Should I replace the zip file from the Gotham 13.1 package and follow the same process?

No you don't have to go back to android. By flashing straight to 13.2 you keep all userdata

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - javierpalj - 2014-09-17

(2014-09-17, 00:43)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-09-16, 00:39)AuXBoX Wrote: Flash this version for 13.2

No you don't have to go back to android. By flashing straight to 13.2 you keep all userdata

How can I flash it then? I do not get to enter in recovery with the Gotham 13.1 installed, I have tried to unplug and push reset for 10 seconds or longer while plugged again, but instead entering in recovery when I stop pushing the reset the box turns on the xbmc

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - javierpalj - 2014-09-17

(2014-09-16, 00:39)AuXBoX Wrote: Flash this version for 13.2

How can I flash it then? I do not get to enter in recovery with the Gotham 13.1 installed, I have tried to unplug and push reset for 10 seconds or longer while plugged again, but instead entering in recovery when I stop pushing the reset the box turns on the xbmc

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - AccordXTC - 2014-09-17

(2014-09-17, 12:15)javierpalj Wrote:
(2014-09-16, 21:24)javierpalj Wrote: AuXBoX, as far as I have seen in the thread I should revert to Android before install Gotham 13.2, once in Android how do I flash your file? Should I replace the zip file from the Gotham 13.1 package and follow the same process?

Saying it twice isn't going to mean he replies quicker lol

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - AuXBoX - 2014-09-18

(2014-09-16, 21:24)javierpalj Wrote: AuXBoX, as far as I have seen in the thread I should revert to Android before install Gotham 13.2, once in Android how do I flash your file? Should I replace the zip file from the Gotham 13.1 package and follow the same process?

Ok I updated the first Post with Gotham 13.2, try use that.
If you cant enter recovery or flash straight from 13.1 revert to Android with STVMX_05022014_Android_Revert.zip
Then Follow the first post

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - javierpalj - 2014-09-18

(2014-09-17, 20:33)AccordXTC Wrote:
(2014-09-17, 00:43)AuXBoX Wrote: No you don't have to go back to android. By flashing straight to 13.2 you keep all userdata

Saying it twice isn't going to mean he replies quicker lol

Sorry, I do not know why the post appears more than once, it was not my intention I only reply once, sorry again.

(2014-09-18, 13:04)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-09-17, 00:43)AuXBoX Wrote: No you don't have to go back to android. By flashing straight to 13.2 you keep all userdata

Ok I updated the first Post with Gotham 13.2, try use that.
If you cant enter recovery or flash straight from 13.1 revert to Android with STVMX_05022014_Android_Revert.zip
Then Follow the first post

Thanks I will try and let you know.

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - AccordXTC - 2014-09-19

Has anyone seen much difference from 13.1 to 13.2 to make it worth the update?
Thx

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - raymw - 2014-09-20

Nothing really noticeable but I believe they fixed some bugs and yes it does work very well as did Linux Gotham 13.1 Version 13.2 was rumoured to have the long awaited fix for the Broadcom WiFi incompatibility issue but alas it has failed to do so, and why I stick with Frodo 12.3 with my ATV520 boxes. No problem of course with the ATV1200 boxes which run great with Linux Gotham 13.1 and 13.2