Kodi Community Forum
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes (/showthread.php?tid=180446)

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - Syntagma - 2014-10-12

(2014-10-12, 15:29)AuXBoX Wrote: Uploaded MPocke, you can try now. Use the instructions on first page

Thats great andriszz, saw you found the picture of my ATV1200 and the pins to bridge

Sorry, but that didn't work for me. Putting these files on a empty SD and doing as told, my ATV1200 boots up, shows an update splash screen (tux with a circular arrow on his foot) with a moving progress bar, and then seems to reboot (momentary HDMI disconnect) in an black and white screen: Upper half is white, lower half is black. No further reaction, no network connectivity, no chance to try fiddling around with display settings etc.

Rebooting with the SD card still inserted, the update process iterates - even without having to hold the upgrade button. Same when holding the upgrade button.

Any suggestions? Do I need to revert back to Android before applying the recent update?

Many thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Tried to revert back to your last Gotham 13.1 / 2014-08-14 version with the ZIP file I still had around here. Now when booting my box again the "old" red XBMC splash screen appears telling me "LOADING...", but then again nothing happens any more. No '"V13.1 "Gotham"' appears, no further boot progress. I assume that some leftovers of the newer 13.2 / 2014-10-11 still prevent my box from booting.

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - AuXBoX - 2014-10-12

(2014-10-12, 17:30)Syntagma Wrote:
(2014-10-12, 15:29)AuXBoX Wrote: Uploaded MPocke, you can try now. Use the instructions on first page

Thats great andriszz, saw you found the picture of my ATV1200 and the pins to bridge

Sorry, but that didn't work for me. Putting these files on a empty SD and doing as told, my ATV1200 boots up, shows an update splash screen (tux with a circular arrow on his foot) with a moving progress bar, and then seems to reboot (momentary HDMI disconnect) in an black and white screen: Upper half is white, lower half is black. No further reaction, no network connectivity, no chance to try fiddling around with display settings etc.

Rebooting with the SD card still inserted, the update process iterates - even without having to hold the upgrade button. Same when holding the upgrade button.

Any suggestions? Do I need to revert back to Android before applying the recent update?

Many thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Tried to revert back to your last Gotham 13.1 / 2014-08-14 version with the ZIP file I still had around here. Now when booting my box again the "old" red XBMC splash screen appears telling me "LOADING...", but then again nothing happens any more. No '"V13.1 "Gotham"' appears, no further boot progress. I assume that some leftovers of the newer 13.2 / 2014-10-11 still prevent my box from booting.

Try the section on the first page that says How to revert back to android.
Then try flash new build

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - MPocke - 2014-10-12

(2014-10-12, 15:29)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-10-12, 14:32)AuXBoX Wrote:
(2014-10-12, 14:00)MPocke Wrote: Hi, I'd like to update to the last version you just created (as I have those DTS Passtrough Problems with the previous version) but I can't get to the recovery mode of my box. Actually I'm not sure if I'm trying the right way. Maybe some of you know how to update correctly. This ist what I've tried:

1. Copy the downloaded file ("MX_LINUX-G02REF-update 11-10-14 andymoreno .zip") to SD-Card
2. Press and hold Reset/Update-Button
3. PlugIn Power to the box.

After approx 5 seconds I can see the splash screen of the MX Linux (and then the box boots XBMC as usual) So no Recovery Screen.

Would be great if someone could help updating Undecided

Thanks in advance...

I'm uploading again so you won't need to get to recovery it will auto install following the instructions on the first page.
I'll post when its finished uploading

Uploaded MPocke, you can try now. Use the instructions on first page

Sorry, but that didn't work for me. After I start the box the installation walks through (without any errors) and the box reboots. After that, the upper half of the screen is white and the other half is black for approx 1 Minute. After that the splash screen of XBMC appears for 1 Minute and then XBMC starts. But then it freezes. I cannot do anything. During the boot and the start of XBMC I see some kind of graphic failures. Do you have any idea for that?

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - MPocke - 2014-10-12

The second Installation (after revert back to android) didn't work either :-( Nearly the same problem as at the first try, but now XBMC stops at it's splashscreen.

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - vashiel - 2014-10-12

MX_LINUX-G02REF-update 11-10-14 from the first page doesn't work for me at all. ATV1200. It hangs after splash screen. I can see some glitches. I also reverted back to android and flashed again. Same result. Flashing now back to MxLinux Build v1.01.

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - AuXBoX - 2014-10-13

has anyone had this work?
I'm building again and upload later

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - MPocke - 2014-10-13

Nope :-(

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - AuXBoX - 2014-10-13

Can you guys test this one
https://www.dropbox.com/s/92omiso1b9qnlbm/MX_LINUX-G02REF-update-13-10-14.zip?dl=1

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - Syntagma - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 11:38)AuXBoX Wrote: Can you guys test this one
https://www.dropbox.com/s/92omiso1b9qnlbm/MX_LINUX-G02REF-update-13-10-14.zip?dl=1

Update succeeds, and box is rebooting into a yet unseen KODI splash screen ... but than stays there and seems to do nothing else. However, I didn't perform a complete fresh install (i.e. from an Android state), but an upgrade from the version I messed up with the previous 13.2 / 2014-10-11 release (see posts above), because I still hope to be able to keep my settings and library. (Yes, I haven't made a backup before upgrading - my fault...)

Thanks again!

Oops i forgot a step

Can someone try revert back to android then flash the STVMX Conversion
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eneqaxwy1mtz30u/MX_LINUX-v1.00-STVMX-conversion.zip?dl=1

1.Copy all files into SD card root directory

factory_update_param.aml
factory_update_param.ubt
bootloader.img
recovery.img
MX_LINUX-v1.00-STVMX_G02REF-update.zip

2.Insert SD card into the box, don't use USB disk.

3.Press and hold the upgrade button,then plug in power adapter.

4.Hold the button for about 10 seconds, then release.

5.There may be no display for upto 2 mins (DON'T POWER OFF!!!) then upgrading screen will appear.

6.After it's finished, the box will restart.

Then flash the update

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - MPocke - 2014-10-13

I reverted back to android and then directly installed the newest file. Works like a charm!

ok cool i used the wrong splash though was it the KODI splash? was just testing a few different splashes will upload i different one soon

Updated the first post with this one. Will change to different splash on next

RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - Syntagma - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 12:52)AuXBoX Wrote: Can someone try revert back to android then flash the STVMX Conversion
[...]
Then flash the update

Went back to Android via the famous "HowToRevertToBox4.1.zip", and than flashed your recent update 13.2 / 2014-10-13. Now it boots up like it should, and seems to work fine.

Thanks again!

(2014-10-13, 15:09)Syntagma Wrote: Went back to Android via the famous "HowToRevertToBox4.1.zip", and than flashed your recent update 13.2 / 2014-10-13. Now it boots up like it should, and seems to work fine.

Found two issues with the new 13.2 version up to now:
  • Reboot or poweroff doesn't work - screen just freezes
  • Unable to install new/other skins. Download proceeds, but then nothing happens...

I might have to go back to v13.1 Sad

EDIT: Poweroff/reboot problem only seems to exist during database update or another download activity running in the background. With no update running in background, shutdown and reboot seems to be working fine. But I'm still not able to install a skin.

(2014-10-13, 19:09)Syntagma Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 15:09)Syntagma Wrote: Went back to Android via the famous "HowToRevertToBox4.1.zip", and than flashed your recent update 13.2 / 2014-10-13. Now it boots up like it should, and seems to work fine.

Found two issues with the new 13.2 version up to now:
  • Reboot or poweroff doesn't work - screen just freezes
  • Unable to install new/other skins. Download proceeds, but then nothing happens...

I might have to go back to v13.1 Sad

EDIT: Poweroff/reboot problem only seems to exist during database update or another download activity running in the background. With no update running in background, shutdown and reboot seems to be working fine. But I'm still not able to install a skin.

I don't actually know if this was ever possible, but DTS-HD and TrueHD does not work with the newest release. With android this was possible. Is there a way to get that running?