Kodi Community Forum
Will XBMC ever be available with OPPO players???? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Will XBMC ever be available with OPPO players???? (/showthread.php?tid=180716)

Will XBMC ever be available with OPPO players???? - megamanwilson - 2013-12-18

I search all over to see if oppo 103d had a better UI but not result. I found that XBMC has one of the best UI out there. I was just wondering if XBMC will consider an XBMC APP for the oppo bdp-103d. With a beautiful user interface like XBMC and the Oppo 103d video quality it would make the best media player and HTPC alternative.

Thanks

RE: Will XBMC ever be available with OPPO players???? - Ned Scott - 2013-12-19

no

the "oppo" doesn't have the correct... anything... to actually run XBMC

RE: Will XBMC ever be available with OPPO players???? - megamanwilson - 2013-12-19

I was really hoping it would be possible. Is it hardware related or software that is not possible. On another note is it possible to have source direct or native resolution on xbmc because bdp-103 can be use as video scaler. If this is possible then I can put source direct on an media player with xbmc and let the oppo do the video scaling.

I don't think it even has a supported CPU that XBMC can use, let alone OpenGL support in a GPU. It's just a totally different kind of monster.

RE: Will XBMC ever be available with OPPO players???? - megamanwilson - 2013-12-19

(2013-12-19, 03:33)Ned Scott Wrote: I don't think it even has a supported CPU that XBMC can use, let alone OpenGL support in a GPU. It's just a totally different kind of monster.

Thanks for clarifying things for me. Does XMBC have Source direct or native resolution?

Not yet.

(2013-12-19, 03:38)Ned Scott Wrote: Not yet.

Do you know of a media player or software like xbmc that has source direct? I would really appreciated.

I do not know of one, sorry.

RE: Will XBMC ever be available with OPPO players???? - floatingcloud - 2014-02-08

If you are using the latest version of XBMC (Gotham, or 13.0) then you should be able to use the Oppo BDP-103D as a "DLNA Renderer" with the "Play Using" feature. That will of course require that the media you want to play is available over the network to the Oppo and that XBMC has it in its library too. The same applies for the BDP-103, BDP-105 and BDP-105D.

So if you have a NAS and XBMC sees the content via SMB/CIFS/DLNA and the Oppo can see the same content over the network then there is no need for XBMC to run on the Oppo.

RE: Will XBMC ever be available with OPPO players???? - capfuturo - 2014-04-21

@floatingcloud: do you have an Oppo 103 or 105? If so, do you know if it would give access to Bluray menus when using it as renderer unit (so I could see the menus on XBMC GUI)? Would it play BD ISO files too?