Kodi Community Forum
Release Security CAM Overlay add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Security CAM Overlay add-on (/showthread.php?tid=182540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: [WIP] Security CAM Overlay add-on - nickr - 2014-01-26

@Bstrdsmkr

I confirm that changing to 2.1 to 2.1.0 works.

Now to read all those posts about authentication!

(2014-01-21, 01:32)NoiZe Wrote: Hi! I have a foscam cam that uses this url for jpeg:

http://IPADDRESS/snapshot.cgi?user=[user]&pwd=[password]&count=0

in a browser this works perfectly, but I cannot use it with the security cam script.

I tried leaving username and password settings empty and leave the full url with password but it didn't work.
I tried this: http://IPADDRESS/snapshot.cgi? inserting the user and pass in the security cam script settings but it didn't work.

Any suggestion?
Try this url in the addon settings:

http://user:password@IPADDRESS/snapshot.cgi

Works on my foscam. Obviously you need to put your own user and password into the url, and it is pretty insecure.

An update and request for input:

I have a foscam (actually it might be a knockoff of a foscam). I am on linux with xbmc 13 alpha - updated 24 Jan - 13.0~git20140124.0500-b3b79dd-0precise to be precise. I am on 0.0.7 of the addon, with the single change referred to in my exchange with bstdmkr in posts 104-106 above.

The url to get a snapshot is

http://user:password@address/snapshot.cgi

This works so far as it goes. If I bring up the addon I get a snapshot. The trouble is:

1. there is no updating while the addon is on the screen - I see others have experienced this with gotham, so I am not sure if it is a gotham problem or a problem with either my camera or the url I am using. (Refer post 94 and it's antecedents).

2. Even if I let the addon time out and bring it up, the pic is still the same, and usually seems to remain so until I go to a proper browser and refresh the snapshot by pressing F5 in the browser. However sometimes, and only sometimes, the addon gives me a new pic, and it does if enough time has gone by (for an a presently unknown value of "enough time".

I am wondering if this is actually a camera problem, as post 94 says the gotham refresh problem should be fixed in 0.0.7. I wonder if there is something I can change in the url to force a refresh?

Would a debug log help?

[WIP] Security CAM Overlay add-on - kitus_san - 2014-01-26

(2014-01-25, 02:16)kitus_san Wrote: Hello,

I've been fiddling around for several hours already, but with poor results.

As I'm on XBMC version 12.3, I've installed v0.0.5. With no camera defined, if I launch de add-on, I see an error message which indicates "script failed! : script.securitycam".

I would appreciate it if you could give me a hand configuring this.

I probably should upgrade the whole AppleTV itself because I'm still on iOS 5.0.2. But on the other hand, I assume that as long as I'm current running the latest v12 version of XBMC, AppleTV's firmware should not play that much of a big roll, right?

Thanks in advance,

Could anybody help me troubleshoot this?

Thanks

RE: [WIP] Security CAM Overlay add-on - Bstrdsmkr - 2014-01-26

@nickr can you sniff the transaction in wire shark or Google chrome? It sound like there's a cache parameter being passed somewhere, probably either as a cookie or as a header

(2014-01-26, 14:25)kitus_san Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 02:16)kitus_san Wrote: Hello,

I've been fiddling around for several hours already, but with poor results.

As I'm on XBMC version 12.3, I've installed v0.0.5. With no camera defined, if I launch de add-on, I see an error message which indicates "script failed! : script.securitycam".

I would appreciate it if you could give me a hand configuring this.

I probably should upgrade the whole AppleTV itself because I'm still on iOS 5.0.2. But on the other hand, I assume that as long as I'm current running the latest v12 version of XBMC, AppleTV's firmware should not play that much of a big roll, right?

Thanks in advance,

Could anybody help me troubleshoot this?

Thanks
The script will fail if no url is defined. Why are you trying to run it like that?

(2014-01-26, 16:00)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: @nickr can you sniff the transaction in wire shark or Google chrome? It sound like there's a cache parameter being passed somewhere, probably either as a cookie or as a header
That will be the next step.

RE: [WIP] Security CAM Overlay add-on - iolaus - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-24, 21:51)warlion Wrote: V. 0.7 for Gotham the error is gone but still don't refresh

Not sure what the deal is with Gotham. According to this GitHub commit discussion it sounds like Gotham was supposed to add a useCache argument to the ControlImage.setImage method. Version 0.0.7 should be using that new argument and passing false. This post even mentioned using the new argument for a webcam where the image url is the same over and over. If anyone has any insight I'd be happy to hear it.

RE: [WIP] Security CAM Overlay add-on - Javlin - 2014-01-27

I tried installing V. 0.7 but no luck dependencies not met. Also tried changing the python version and re zipping but then get zip structure error when installing.

[WIP] Security CAM Overlay add-on - kitus_san - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-26, 20:23)nickr Wrote: The script will fail if no url is defined. Why are you trying to run it like that?
It's a matter of taste I guess, but I would have expected a different message if the script was complaining I had not yet configured any camera... Anyway, the second part of my first post contains the log messages XBMC generates when running the script with a valid string.

Thanks

RE: [WIP] Security CAM Overlay add-on - nickr - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-27, 01:09)kitus_san Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 20:23)nickr Wrote: The script will fail if no url is defined. Why are you trying to run it like that?
It's a matter of taste I guess, but I would have expected a different message if the script was complaining I had not yet configured any camera... Anyway, the second part of my first post contains the log messages XBMC generates when running the script with a valid string.

Thanks
I don't read inline logs unless they are only a few lines, they should be on pastebin.

[WIP] Security CAM Overlay add-on - kitus_san - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-27, 01:14)nickr Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 01:09)kitus_san Wrote:

Thanks
I don't read inline logs unless they are only a few lines, they should be on pastebin.
Even if the logs are within "code" tags for convenience?? If that's the only way I can get help, I've be sure to post them there

RE: [WIP] Security CAM Overlay add-on - konti - 2014-01-27

I've used the 0.5 version of the script, shared in the first post. I've also had some troubles finding a still image source as opposed to the default mjpeg of my Foscam based webcam. As i've also had to put the user/pass in the url.

Everything worked, except the image did not refresh. I got shown one image for 10 seconds. This seems to be an issue with the script were the webcam image is written to the image.jpg, and the xbmcgui.ControlImage controll does not update it.

I've made some adaptions to the script. Each update is written to a different filename. I've incorporated a timestamp in the name. So now it's named something like image.jpg_1341123556, image.jpg_1341123566, etc..

Afterwards all the image.jpg_* files are deleted through the cleanup() function.

I have a motion video now. This is just an ugly hack! but it works for me now. If you want to try it, you can download the default.py and overwrite the currently installed one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-jGBdQFdIi_cjZFcFBZYVZBcmc/edit?usp=sharing

RE: [WIP] Security CAM Overlay add-on - Bstrdsmkr - 2014-01-27

@iolaus looks like that patch was merged in November so you should be able to pass false as a second parameter to setImage() to bypass the caching

RE: [WIP] Security CAM Overlay add-on - konti - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-27, 14:56)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: @iolaus looks like that patch was merged in November so you should be able to pass false as a second parameter to setImage() to bypass the caching

Can I only benefit from this patch (if it works) using Gotham?

RE: [WIP] Security CAM Overlay add-on - warlion - 2014-01-27

(2014-01-27, 14:56)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: @iolaus looks like that patch was merged in November so you should be able to pass false as a second parameter to setImage() to bypass the caching

I do really hate don't know anything about python is like you are speaking Chinese to me Confused