Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=184866)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - xbs08 - 2013-12-09

(2013-12-09, 16:05)Doktor-X Wrote: is subtitle problem fixed

Yes.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - RichG - 2013-12-09

(2013-12-09, 16:05)Doktor-X Wrote: is subtitle problem fixed

Yes it appears that the subtitle issue is fixed now.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - disrupted - 2013-12-09

unfortunately there are no addons available from the official XBMC.org repository in the latest Milhouse OpenELEC Gotham build #0812b. I already tried force refresh without success. Sad

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Reddog999 - 2013-12-09

(2013-12-08, 20:36)tas* Wrote:
(2013-12-08, 17:47)Reddog999 Wrote: I also used that link on the OpenELEC forum to originally get the gpio receiver to work but it's interesting that your other link is to a website last updated 10-06-2012 that has the magic command to get it working again - which is only needed to be performed on the more recent builds.

Yeah that also suggests the changes that deemed that code redundant were patched to the kernel, so I guess something has changed there. If you're interested I've written a quick addon to take care of running the code at boot
Thanks for the addon - it works great. I have to admit I was getting a little tired of the ssh-execute command process while I was making the changes for my custom buttons - thankfully I don't need to do this any longer with your addon.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Trixster - 2013-12-09

(2013-12-09, 18:23)freem@n Wrote: unfortunately there are no addons available from the official XBMC.org repository in the latest Milhouse OpenELEC Gotham build #0812b. I already tried force refresh without success. Sad

This is not a problem with the latest build, it is a wider issue which hopefully will be fixed later today. See the generic support forum.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179987

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - disrupted - 2013-12-09

@Trixster: thanks for the info. so this is obviously an issue on all platforms

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Gawain1986 - 2013-12-09

(2013-12-08, 21:48)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0812b.

Code:
rpi512:~ # uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.12.3 #1 PREEMPT Sun Dec 8 19:15:10 GMT 2013 armv6l GNU/Linux
rpi512:~ # vcgencmd version
Dec  2 2013 20:30:23
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 0334d765c5cb144589b4d7a4ac68ae8f136491e1 (clean) (release)
rpi512:~ # lsb_release
OpenELEC_Gotham (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20131208191418-r16511

Same as previous build with the following additions:

(2013-12-08, 20:30)popcornmix Wrote: There's a few updates to newclock3 branch:
Fix for calibration not working when TV supports 3d modes.
Fix for mono playback of HSBS/HTAB videos.
Added Sam's airplay PR.

Is anyone able to confirm if this build fixes the NFS scraping problem (PR 3772)? If not will drop the patch from future builds.

I don't have a 3D TV or an iDevice so feedback on these additions also most welcome.

Using this build and a few previous others has been excellent! Speed is fine and any quirks get fixed very fast. Thanks for that.

I do have one issue and I hope someone can help me:
My Pi is connected to my TV and my TV has optical out to my Bose 3-2-1 system. (passthrough enabled with hdmi_force_hotplug=1, config_hdmi_boost=4, hdmi_force_edid_audio=1)

When I start the Pi, my Bose system reports Dolby Digital 2.0, which is fine.

If I try to start a DTS 5.1 movie, the Bose system doesn't pick up the DTS signal (because it thinks it's still DD2.0?)
If I try to start a Dolby Digital 5.1 (AC3) movie, it picks up fine and plays great. When I stop that movie the Bose system drops to PCM 2.0.

When I start a DTS movie from PCM mode, the DTS plays fine.
So to sum up:

DD2.0 -> DD5.1 = OK
DD2.0 -> DTS5.1 = Not OK
DD2.0 -> PCM = Never seen it happen
PCM -> DD2.0 = OK
PCM -> DD5.1= OK
PCM -> DTS5.1 = OK
DD5.1 -> PCM = OK
DD5.1 -> DD2.0 = OK
DD5.1 -> DTS = OK
DTS -> DD5.1 = OK
DTS -> DD2.0 = Never seen it happen
DTS -> PCM = OK

The "Keep the audio device alive option" is off, as it forces my system into DD2.0.

This is but a small problem for normal watching as I just need to play anything in DD5.1 and stop it to make it go into PCM, after that I can play anything. I can live with that.

The real problem is 3D movies. In the newer builds, XBMC asks which 3D format to use and during that choice screen it drops back to DD2.0, after which I have not DTS to go back to.
Is there a way to disable that choice screen so I can play my 3D DTS movies again or can somebody help me look at the audio problem and make it initialize properly?

Please tell me which log to send and thanks in advance.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Hip-Gnosis - 2013-12-10

I just tried the latest build and, again, I'm getting channel freezing with Tvheadened. This is the case with all buids since r16442. I found a fix though Smile I have just discovered that if you enable timesift in Tvheadend the problem disappears. I would prefer to leave timeshift disabled, but this fix works for now.

@doveman, I see that you are also using Tvheadened. Can you possibly try temporarily disabling timeshift to confirm that this issue exists. Thanks.

I too have noticed that EPG is not loading on the Pi with this build.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - doveman2 - 2013-12-10

(2013-12-10, 04:28)Hip-Gnosis Wrote: I just tried the latest build and, again, I'm getting channel freezing with Tvheadened. This is the case with all buids since r16442. I found a fix though Smile I have just discovered that if you enable timesift in Tvheadend the problem disappears. I would prefer to leave timeshift disabled, but this fix works for now.

@doveman, I see that you are also using Tvheadened. Can you possibly try temporarily disabling timeshift to confirm that this issue exists. Thanks.

I too have noticed that EPG is not loading on the Pi with this build.

Have you tried disabling Full Mux Reception and Idle Scanning in Tvheadend's config? I had a lot of problems, even with earlier builds, before doing this.

I'm not likely to update to the current build again, as I know that I can't use it because the EPG doesn't work, let alone any problems with freezing as you've reported unless Timeshift is enabled (which i don't want use as it will wear out my USB) but if I do I'll test that.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Hip-Gnosis - 2013-12-10

@doveman, thanks for getting back to me, but unfortunately I'd already disabled both of those settings.
I'm keen to leave timeshift disabled for the same reason as you... but I'm also keen to stick with the new builds because of the advances made in reducing cpu load since the October 9 build. I find that TV playback is much smoother with these new builds.
If you ever try a new build (hopefully if/when EPG is fixed) and can test for freezing streams (with and without timeshift) I'd really apprciate it! (n.b. not all channels exhibit the freezing issue).
Thanks!

Edit:
Fix works even with Timeshift set to minimum settings: 'on demand' enabled, max length = 1 min, max size = 1 mb.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - doveman2 - 2013-12-10

(2013-12-10, 13:10)Hip-Gnosis Wrote: @doveman, thanks for getting back to me, but unfortunately I'd already disabled both of those settings.
I'm keen to leave timeshift disabled for the same reason as you... but I'm also keen to stick with the new builds because of the advances made in reducing cpu load since the October 9 build. I find that TV playback is much smoother with these new builds.
If you ever try a new build (hopefully if/when EPG is fixed) and can test for freezing streams (with and without timeshift) I'd really apprciate it! (n.b. not all channels exhibit the freezing issue).
Thanks!

One thing I considered a while ago is making a small RAMdisk to contain the timeshift, even if it was only big enough for 30s (or less) as it would still be nice sometimes to be able to skip back even that little to check something I'd missed. I can't honestly remember what made me give up the idea, so it might be feasible now even if it didn't work out back then and might be something to look into.

Having said that, there's clearly a bug if you need to enable Timeshift now to prevent freezing when this wasn't necessary with the older builds, so it would be better if that was fixed and hopefully it will be sometime.

I'l certainly try and remember to test for freezing streams next time I update though.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - regnets - 2013-12-10

Hi,

just wanted to say that the latest git version (3.5.721~g8acf93a) of tvheadend is not working (at all) with the latest raspberry pi xbmc dev builds.

I am only getting a black screen, doesn't matter if sd or hd. When i press stop i see a picture from the channel appearing for one second and the the streams end.

My latest working xbmc build is from 2th of october git:63eddc2 from rbej. I am not sure when the builds stop working. I read something about the 27th of november, but i can't find a build to download prior to that.

As i am currently have no free time to spare i stick with this version and hope that the problems will cure themself till gotham is released Wink.

Best regards

regnets

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - FattyMcDirty - 2013-12-10

3d movies not switched to 3d correctly with the latest build. e.g. 3d over/under stays 2d... well, more like only one half of the picture is shown. worked e.g. popcornmixs 09/10 build...

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - xpman - 2013-12-10

FLAC is "FLAKEY"

After solving the aspect ratio issue, I have concentrated in other features and realized the music in FLAC format reproduces wrongly.
Starts fine, but after 3-5 seconds, it speeds-up (similar to a 33rpm vinyl at 45rpm) and sounds with a bit of wobbling that is secondary since the reproduction speed is absolutely wrong. Pausing and un-pausing makes the file reproduce fine again for few seconds, which sounds like something related to caching/buffering, but on the reverse of the expected.

MP3 works fine. Tested both with files stored locally in pendrive as well as files in a mini-NAS using SMB. Tried all options about passthrough Y/N, different settings of max sample rates, all multichannel formats. Works the same (wrong) using the TV speakers as well as Pioneer AV receiver connected with Toslink to TV (works fine in all cases for movies -DTS included-).
Currently on OpenELEC Gotham build: #0812b (last one so far from MilhouseVH). The behavior was the same for at least the last 3 builds, just that the pace for new builds was so intense that I postponed the reporting to an stable moment.

Any experience with FLAC format anyone?
Thanks in advance.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - popcornmix - 2013-12-10

(2013-12-10, 23:43)xpman Wrote: FLAC is "FLAKEY"

What build are you using?