Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=184866)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - TBCdevil - 2013-12-23

@tuxen very good info. Looks like local USB drives are best avoided for proper use.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - allan87 - 2013-12-23

(2013-12-23, 10:54)tuxen Wrote: but it says a lot about where the bottleneck lies; the sdcard memory technology so anything that can speed this up without breaking any stability is more than welcome IMHO
My own experience with a class 10 card v. USB was different. I could not discern any difference in the speed of the interface between the two (navigating was very acceptable in both).

In terms of performance, I suspect that the issue pertains more to differences from one SD card to another rather than generic differences between SD cards and USB sticks:
- there is a well known issue of Raspberry Pi being fussy about which SD card one uses, regardless of class or size;
- many people have reported significant performance improvements when moving to USB;
- others have not seen performance improvements. I recall seeing benchmarks posted elsewhere with a particular SD card and USB drive having virtually identical read and write times.

What this suggests is that you have to be a bit lucky with your SD card, whereas most USB sticks are OK. Personally, I use an old, slow 128 MB SD card for 'flash' and a USB stick for 'storage'. My reason was to avoid corruption of the storage volume (particularly while using alpha builds). Two good reasons to use USB, I think.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - popcornmix - 2013-12-23

(2013-12-23, 17:06)Koloss Wrote: I have a problem in one movie - in one position the movie hangs always! When i switch before do english audio DTS( no HD MA) the movie running with no problem. On windows pc with XBMC i have no problem.

Can you produce a sample file that provokes the lockup (perhaps using mmg from http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/).

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - mcarni - 2013-12-23

Guys,

I recently moved from the last Rbej's Gotham release to the Milhouse's release from 20/12/13 (devel-20131220135623-r16601-g3ded391)

I am having troubles updating my movie library (it starts the usual procedure, but nothings gets added to the library)
I cleaned the library and removed and readded the source but still no success.
I saw someone had issues, some days ago, with scraping library form nfs shares but I thought these issues were sorted.

xbmc log if It can be of any help

could you please let me know if this is a known issue and/or if there is anything i can do to help fix it?

thanks a lot

m

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Milhouse - 2013-12-24

(2013-12-23, 22:13)mcarni Wrote: xbmc log if It can be of any help

could you please let me know if this is a known issue and/or if there is anything i can do to help fix it?

The VideoScanner is throwing an exception in line 1065, but there's really not much information to go on. Is the nfo for 12 Monkeys correctly formatted? Try removing the nfo for 12 Monkeys and see if the scanner fails in the same way on the next movie. If the 12 Monkeys nfo is part of the problem, it might be useful to upload it and see if anyone else can reproduce the same problem.

I don't know if anyone else is seeing this same problem, you may need to raise a bug for it.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - mcarni - 2013-12-24

(2013-12-24, 05:42)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-12-23, 22:13)mcarni Wrote: xbmc log if It can be of any help

The VideoScanner is throwing an exception in line 1065, but there's really not much information to go on. Is the nfo for 12 Monkeys correctly formatted? Try removing the nfo for 12 Monkeys and see if the scanner fails in the same way on the next movie. If the 12 Monkeys nfo is part of the problem, it might be useful to upload it and see if anyone else can reproduce the same problem.

I don't know if anyone else is seeing this same problem, you may need to raise a bug for it.

Thanks Milhouse, I renamed the "12 monkeys" nfo file and tried to scan the source but still nothing happens.
I tried also to "add movie information" directly to "12 monkeys" but no luck.

Not sure if it is relevant, when updating the library I get a popup message saying "unable to connect to the remote server, do you want to continue scanning...", which is trange since I can browse through the nfs share

thanks

m

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - javaboyuk - 2013-12-24

Tried playing the ".iso" with audio set to "analog" played absolutely fine! (also tested the .mkv played ok too)
so only an issue if HDMI with pass through set.

(tested all on rbej latest test build with start_dts.elf)

(2013-12-22, 18:54)javaboyuk Wrote: Guys
Having issue with latest MilHouse and rbej bulid when playing Blu-ray image or .mkv file.

The image will freeze at just over 54 mins (about half way) for both builds on the iso image
and I have proven the issue with Popcornmix on 2 cut down .mkv files of that period.
I was then given a new start.elf file called start_dts.elf that I installed.

If I use the start_dts.elf file from Popcornmix (see post from popcornmix .here ) then the mkv files nolonger
freeze but there is a slight frame jump at arround the old frame freeze point (tested with rbej build)

However the iso file will crash xbmc about 2 minutes in on the Milhouse build, I have some logs of that for:
So this is the debug with the xbmc restarting at the end.

On the rbej build the picture will do sort of a fast "catchup" of ~1 sec about 4 secs before the old freeze point with the iso file.

Thanks

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - sraue - 2013-12-24

a bit OT: :-)

ImageThe OpenELEC Team want to wish all of our users, Team XBMC, supporting manufacturers and developers a warm, lovely, healthy and joyful Christmas and that you will enjoy OpenELEC in the most useful way these days.

We would like to thank our users, project team and partners for their efforts in testing, reporting and fixing issues, adding features, creating how-to documents, and donations of hardware and funds to the project. We hugely appreciate your continued support!

http://openelec.tv/news/20-project/112-christmas-wishes-2013

greetings

Stephan

OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - kreeturez - 2013-12-24

@Stephan: our thanks to you for one of the most incredible open-source projects out there. Our family wouldn't survive a day without OE: Merry Xmas; and thanks for all of you and your team's hard work!!

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - TBCdevil - 2013-12-24

A Merry Christmas to you all of OPENELEC and xbmc and it's users. What a community here.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - schumi2004 - 2013-12-24

Is there somewhere a default advancedsettings.xml which we should use on these test builds?

Happy holidays to all members and developers and their family Wink

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Milhouse - 2013-12-25

(2013-12-24, 23:10)schumi2004 Wrote: Is there somewhere a default advancedsettings.xml which we should use on these test builds?

Happy holidays to all members and developers and their family Wink

Yes, the default advancedsettings.xml is not to have one.

Merry Christmas one and all. Smile

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - popcornmix - 2013-12-25

(2013-12-24, 22:18)sraue Wrote: The OpenELEC Team want to wish all of our users, Team XBMC, supporting manufacturers and developers a warm, lovely, healthy and joyful Christmas and that you will enjoy OpenELEC in the most useful way these days.

Happy Christmas Stephan. Many thanks for the great work on OpenELEC,
and thanks to all the xbmc builders and testers for helping to improve xbmc on the Pi.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - maratonomak - 2013-12-25

How about an advancedsettings.xml for the best performance ?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - sraue - 2013-12-25

(2013-12-25, 02:39)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-12-24, 22:18)sraue Wrote: The OpenELEC Team want to wish all of our users, Team XBMC, supporting manufacturers and developers a warm, lovely, healthy and joyful Christmas and that you will enjoy OpenELEC in the most useful way these days.

Happy Christmas Stephan. Many thanks for the great work on OpenELEC,
and thanks to all the xbmc builders and testers for helping to improve xbmc on the Pi.

Merry Christmas and thanks Dom for your help too :-) You have done a really great work the last months.