Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=184866)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - tinnyskillz - 2014-02-10

(2014-02-10, 21:59)craigbeat Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 21:57)tinnyskillz Wrote:
(2014-02-10, 14:11)doveman2 Wrote: Thanks, it seems sbin/crond was the problem (ID 242 for me).

tune2fs is doing something now, not sure how long it's going to take!

every time i do fuser -m /storage and it shows me the id, i put the id's in kill -9 579 580 583 ID && umount /storage, then putty closes and i check the id's again and different id's show up. i also tried putting them in individually. when i enter tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/sda5 (mine is sda5 not sda 1) it says it needs to be unmounted or mounted read only.Huh

Make sure you cd / first. Also, make sure you have swap disabled (if you didn't enable it, it won't be enabled, so don't worry about this.).

thank you, journaling is disabled Big Grin. also to confirm it was disabled i entered the command "dmesg | grep EXT4".

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - markius - 2014-02-10

kill -9 is one way but is a better way to "systemctl stop" whichever service is spawning/re-spawning the processes?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - botribun - 2014-02-10

(2014-02-10, 22:18)markius Wrote: kill -9 is one way but is a better way to "systemctl stop" whichever service is spawning/re-spawning the processes?
It's XBMC and connman, on the RPi we don't have systemctl. This is how it works here:

PHP Code:
cd /

touch /var/lock/xbmc.disabled

fuser 
-km /storage

umount 
-/storage 

tune2fs 
-^has_journal /dev/sda1

rm 
/var/lock/xbmc.disabled

reboot 

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - mcarni - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-10, 10:20)mcarni Wrote: You have speaker configuration set to 2.0
- on this i am not 100% sure what settings I used for the tests, I use indiscriminately 2.0 and 2.1

i'll confirm tonight

m

I confirm 2.1speaker configuration...

M

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - popcornmix - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-11, 00:27)mcarni Wrote: I confirm 2.1speaker configuration...

It's unlikely that 2.1 audio will be supported by a TV (which would require multichannel PCM support and a subwoofer). Set it to 2.0.

(I don't think this is related to the crackles, but it's best to set things up right).

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - markius - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-10, 22:45)botribun Wrote: It's XBMC and connman, on the RPi we don't have systemctl. This is how it works here:

PHP Code:
cd /

touch /var/lock/xbmc.disabled

fuser 
-km /storage

umount 
-/storage 

tune2fs 
-^has_journal /dev/sda1

rm 
/var/lock/xbmc.disabled

reboot 

Sadly your method, above, doesn't work with these builds of OpenELEC which do have systemd and no longer honour /var/lock/xbmc.disabled Wink

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - evanspae - 2014-02-11

Quote:New OpenELEC Gotham build: #0210
(Supercedes previous build)

Because I have a number RPI's I use omxplayer as my default.
1 have tried latest build on 4 seperate recorded BBC H264 .ts files.

Config updated with
max_clock_drift=100
max_clock_drift_rate=100
avoid_fix_ts=0

other config elements removed

Using my 512 RPI gmem set to 256
Omxplayer all recordings work with video jitter free but audio (HDMI passthrough) has low level clicks
DVDplayer much longer startup time with jitter... but video is inverted ie top become bottom and top become bottom! Dont think there were clicks.

(2014-02-11, 00:59)evanspae Wrote: Omxplayer all recordings work with video jitter free but audio (HDMI passthrough) has low level clicks

Does "no_hdmi_resample=0" fix the clicks?

(2014-02-11, 00:59)evanspae Wrote: DVDplayer much longer startup time with jitter... but video is inverted ie top become bottom and top become bottom!

Yes, that's on my list. Software decoded videos (like VP6) are a different format and appear upside-down.
Deinterlacing also causes that. I thought I had disabled deinterlace, as it's not really complete, but perhaps I've just disabled the UI option in dvdplayer,
but it's remembering the setting from omxplayer.

Perhaps play the file with omxplayer, disable deinterlace, then play with dvdplayer and see if it appears the right way up.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - vprasinos - 2014-02-11

The new fix pushed by popcornmix does not work for my files. Here are my issues:

1. Non-packed avis which were judder-problematic with official 3.2.4 were corrected to absolute perfection with previous milhouse builds. The new r17688 with popcorn's fixed timestamp kernels has broken this perfection. Non-packed avis now have judder again. The strange thing is that if I start the file from the beginning there is no judder, but if I resume from a position inside the movie (as I do to test the panning scenes at stake) the judder re-appears! This happens for one time and then if I start the movie for the second time, the judder is always there!! So strange!

2. Packed avis are still not fixed. I am talking not for just a file but for a lot of movies. The situation has improved though from the previous build. It seems like judder-free perfection was drawn from the previous build towards the new one from non-packed to the packed avis. I also managed once or twice (with interlace on) to achieve almost flawless playback to the packed ones.

So for me problem is still not solved. All of the above files play perfectly fine on my Samsung plasma TV internal media player and the PC. Is there a setting I can try? Do you need a sample of the movies?

Also if I context-menu the movie and "Play with..." dvdplayer the movies plays in fast forward while the sound is ok and then cut...

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Dimitriss - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-11, 09:57)vprasinos Wrote: The new fix pushed by popcornmix does not work for my files. Here are my issues:

1. Non-packed avis which were judder-problematic with official 3.2.4 were corrected to absolute perfection with previous milhouse builds. The new r17688 with popcorn's fixed timestamp kernels has broken this perfection. Non-packed avis now have judder again. The strange thing is that if I start the file from the beginning there is no judder, but if I resume from a position inside the movie (as I do to test the panning scenes at stake) the judder re-appears! This happens for one time and then if I start the movie for the second time, the judder is always there!! So strange!

2. Packed avis are still not fixed. I am talking not for just a file but for a lot of movies. The situation has improved though from the previous build. It seems like judder-free perfection was drawn from the previous build towards the new one from non-packed to the packed avis. I also managed once or twice (with interlace on) to achieve almost flawless playback to the packed ones.

So for me problem is still not solved. All of the above files play perfectly fine on my Samsung plasma TV internal media player and the PC. Is there a setting I can try? Do you need a sample of the movies?

Also if I context-menu the movie and "Play with..." dvdplayer the movies plays in fast forward while the sound is ok and then cut...

Hey, you said that all the files play perfectly fine without any judder on your samsung tv media player. All internal media players apply pulldown and the movies are displayed @60hz so it's impossible that the playback is flawless.
What player are you using omxplayer or dvdplayer ? in dvdplayer i'm also getting some judder mostly when a scene changes, maybe it has something to do with the keyframe.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - botribun - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-11, 00:34)markius Wrote: Sadly your method, above, doesn't work with these builds of OpenELEC which do have systemd and no longer honour /var/lock/xbmc.disabled Wink
Good to know, I'm still at Rbej's Frodo Branch from 18.01.2014, where is no systemd available. Wink

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - evanspae - 2014-02-11

(2014-02-11, 01:23)popcornmix Wrote: Does "no_hdmi_resample=0" fix the clicks?

I have added that to config and it does seem better... I will do more tests tonight.

Quote:Perhaps play the file with omxplayer, disable deinterlace, then play with dvdplayer and see if it appears the right way up.
I tried this (I previously set omx default to removed default deinterlace) and yes playback using dvdplayer after first viewing with omx was correct and seemed jitter free.. I will test more this evening

(2014-02-11, 10:39)Dimitriss Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 09:57)vprasinos Wrote: The new fix pushed by popcornmix does not work for my files. Here are my issues:

Hey, you said that all the files play perfectly fine without any judder on your samsung tv media player. All internal media players apply pulldown and the movies are displayed @60hz so it's impossible that the playback is flawless.
What player are you using omxplayer or dvdplayer ? in dvdplayer i'm also getting some judder mostly when a scene changes, maybe it has something to do with the keyframe.

It's not impossible, obviously the internal media player and the PC handle bad timestamps in a different manner than openelec. I'm using omxplayer, dvdplayer gives me a strange behaviour of fast forward with sound playing ok.

Is there a way (software) to check for DTS and PTS in avi files? I want to see my files, just to check if I'm the only one with juddery playback after popcornmix's fixes...