Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=184866)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Milhouse - 2014-03-08

(2014-03-08, 21:39)anonimo2001 Wrote: @MilhouseVH
The log
http://xbmclogs.com./show.php?id=145456
The file (SPOILER: True Detective episode 2) It's 80Mb
http://www.filedropper.com/truedetective

FYI this is camera phone footage not a sample! Your camera phone footage is sufficient to demonstrate the problem, sure, but it's not what someone may require to actually investigate and fix the problem - for that they typically require a sample of the actual video you are playing with which they can reproduce the problem on their own hardware under test circumstances.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - host505 - 2014-03-08

Hello MilhouseVH, really appreciate your hard work.
I recently installed official openelec 3.95.1 beta based on xbmc 13 beta 1 which apparently has a subtitle bug (doesn't download subtitles for live/online streams).
I then installed your latest build and to my surprise the problem persisted (before the beta I was using your latest build without the subs problem).
I see there is a fix for this, you think you can implement it on your next build?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Milhouse - 2014-03-09

@host505: Noted, thanks, however I'm concerned that there isn't consensus on what the PR should include which may mean it's not accepted at all without further changes. If/when arnova updates the PR to everyone's satisfaction I'll include it.

(2014-03-08, 19:00)IntelSwe Wrote: With dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0 my 4GB file copy went smooth. No problems.

For testing purposes I went back to default clock settings and have FIQ FSM enabled.
The first thing I noticed was how slow the copy over network is when on stock clock. 1.5MB/s vs 2.99MB/s with overclock. But that's a bit off topic.

After about 5 minutes of copying the RPi network connection died so it doesn't look like overclocking is causing this.

So you're copying a file over the network and writing it to SD or USB storage? Can you reproduce the lock up if you copy the file over the network and write it to /dev/null (dd if=/your/network/file of=/dev/null bs=1M), which would eliminate SD/USB mass storage as another potential variable.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - host505 - 2014-03-09

Ok, apparently something went wrong in the update process, because I reinstalled your build and now the problem is gone.
So I don't think you should include anything because it works perfect, sorry for the confusion.

(2014-03-09, 00:10)host505 Wrote: Ok, apparently something went wrong in the update process, because I reinstalled your build and now the problem is gone.
So I don't think you should include anything because it works perfect, sorry for the confusion.

Are you sure as PR4367 isn't in any of my builds, so maybe it's not the right fix at all!

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - host505 - 2014-03-09

I think your builds are not having the problem at all, as they're not based on beta, from what I read the problem appeared on Beta the first time.
I don't know if I was clear but with your build there is no problem, the problem was on beta. I just installed your build again after beta and still had the problem but only because something must have gone wrong in the update process. I reinstalled it and now everything is fine.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - alphatech69 - 2014-03-09

sorry if this has been asked already, I try to read thru the 225 pages but is taking a long time.
Installing OpenElec, so far easy installation. I like what I see so far. I have the following questions:
My remote does not work with OpenElec but works well with RaspBMC
Where do I change the selection to overclock, I do not see any config.txt

Thanks

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - spjonez - 2014-03-09

(2014-03-08, 05:47)MilhouseVH Wrote: [*]Includes newclock3 commits (except for 9feb5e0 which I've replaced with a static spinner to avoid hammering the GUI)
What application did you use to create that spinner? I'm trying to modify another theme to use a gif and XBMC won't load animated gif's I create with Photoshop CC.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - mildenhall - 2014-03-09

(2014-03-08, 19:42)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-08, 19:05)mildenhall Wrote: RaspberryPi #1 @ 1GHz with FIQ FSM on works fine.
RaspberryPi #2 @ 1GHz with FIQ FSM on "sometimes works" - 25% of any transfers I tried.
RaspberryPi #2 @ 950Mhz with FIQ_FSM on "sometimes works" - 25% of any transfers I tried.
RaspberryPi #2 @ 950Mhz with FIQ_FSM off - all transfers work.

Is it the Pi#2 board or sdcard image that is the problem?
i.e. can you swap sdcards and see if the problem swaps with it.

Gaaahhh swapped cards and can't reproduce problem! Confused I haven't done extensive testing so I'll report back tomorrow night. If I can reproduce the problem, are you suggesting a knackered SD card is the fault?

For reference I have an SD card based set up. (Installing onto USB stick was negligibly faster so I didn't bother.) I was transferring from a WD MyCloud NAS to the SD card. My family are either in bed, or out at the moment so there is a very small load on the network. Perhaps this problem may return when there is a heavier load on the network?

(2014-03-09, 00:42)spjonez Wrote: What application did you use to create that spinner? I'm trying to modify another theme to use a gif and XBMC won't load animated gif's I create with Photoshop CC.

I don't know, that was uploaded by popcornmix, who may have found the GIF on the web. You could also look at PR4212 which includes additional suggestions and a site with quite a number of samples.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - User 203163 - 2014-03-09

(2014-03-09, 00:03)MilhouseVH Wrote: @host505: Noted, thanks, however I'm concerned that there isn't consensus on what the PR should include which may mean it's not accepted at all without further changes. If/when arnova updates the PR to everyone's satisfaction I'll include it.

(2014-03-08, 19:00)IntelSwe Wrote: With dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0 my 4GB file copy went smooth. No problems.

For testing purposes I went back to default clock settings and have FIQ FSM enabled.
The first thing I noticed was how slow the copy over network is when on stock clock. 1.5MB/s vs 2.99MB/s with overclock. But that's a bit off topic.

After about 5 minutes of copying the RPi network connection died so it doesn't look like overclocking is causing this.

So you're copying a file over the network and writing it to SD or USB storage? Can you reproduce the lock up if you copy the file over the network and write it to /dev/null (dd if=/your/network/file of=/dev/null bs=1M), which would eliminate SD/USB mass storage as another potential variable.

Yes I'm copying a 3-4GB movie-file from my Windows 7 PC to a 2 TB Western Digital USB3 HDD directly connected to the RPi over wired network. I have done this hundreds of times before on 0304 and earlier and have never had any issues.

I'm not sure about the /dev/null part as I'm not at all a Linux guy.

I have tried copying to a 64GB Sandisk USB-stick = lockup
I have tried copy to Sandisk SDHC Pro 10 card = lockup
Copy to Transcend SDHC 10 card = lockup

Have tried on two different RPi's and did clean install of 0308 on two different SDHC-cards, no upgrades, no overclock.
The only way I can get it to work is to disable FIQ FSM when it's on it fails.

(2014-03-09, 00:33)alphatech69 Wrote: My remote does not work with OpenElec but works well with RaspBMC

You need to ask about remote control support on the OpenELEC forum. Getting your remote working with a stable release is the first step, then try it with an official Beta or maybe one of the builds in this thread. The purpose of this thread is for those testing known working hardware with often experimental code - if your hardware doesn't work with a stable OpenELEC release then there's not much that can be done here (unless it's an ALSA sound card, which is an exception to that rule).

(2014-03-09, 00:33)alphatech69 Wrote: Where do I change the selection to overclock, I do not see any config.txt

If you want help with overclocking, this thread might be worth a read.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - anonimo2001 - 2014-03-09

@MilhouseVH
My fault :-) The question is it happens with all the videos I've tried, SD and HD...

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - popcornmix - 2014-03-09

(2014-03-09, 00:52)MilhouseVH Wrote: I don't know, that was uploaded by popcornmix, who may have found the GIF on the web. You could also look at PR4212 which includes additional suggestions and a site with quite a number of samples.

The spinner came from another skin (Amber I think). I just slowed it down (I think I just used a hex editor for that).

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - popcornmix - 2014-03-09

(2014-03-09, 00:46)mildenhall Wrote: Gaaahhh swapped cards and can't reproduce problem! Confused I haven't done extensive testing so I'll report back tomorrow ni, ght. If I can reproduce the problem, are you suggesting a knackered SD card is the fault?

Not necessarily. If the fault moves with the sdcard then it's probably due to having slightly different software or settings.
If it stays with the board, then it might be hardware (e.g. power supply related).