Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=184866)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - stuCONNERS - 2013-10-07

mine doesnt crash just doesnt load the next song

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - doveman2 - 2013-10-07

(2013-10-06, 16:37)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-10-06, 16:33)doveman2 Wrote: Actually it's not just Recorded TV, if I try and step forward with any video it just freezes on a black screen until I stop it and restart.

Recorded TV is local, on the USB, whilst this video file was over NFS.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=66694

Quote:15:05:53 T:3061969936 ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'bigsteoforward' defined

Are you sure there's not a typo in your local keymap configuration file?

Dammit, I corrected that once before but when it couldn't find my USB on /dev/sda after updating I thought the USB was corrupted so re-formatted it and restored from a backup, which obviously still had this error.

Nonetheless, that error was in Global and I think it should have been overriden by these sections (I've noted the duplication in the first section).

The fact that the OSD appeared and showed it stepping forward 30s seems to support that as well, but the video still froze on a blank screen.

<FullscreenLiveTV>
<remote>
<left>StepBack</left>
<right>StepForward</right>
<guide>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</guide>
<start>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</start>
<left>StepBack</left>
<up>BigStepForward</up>
<down>BigStepBack</down>
<pageplus>SkipNext</pageplus>
<pageminus>SkipPrevious</pageminus>
</remote>
</FullscreenLiveTV>
<TV>
<remote>
<red>Red</red>
<green>Green</green>
<yellow>Yellow</yellow>
<blue>Blue</blue>
</remote>
</TV>

<FullscreenVideo>
<remote>
<zero>Number0</zero>
<one>Number1</one>
<two>Number2</two>
<three>Number3</three>
<four>Number4</four>
<five>Number5</five>
<six>Number6</six>
<seven>Number7</seven>
<eight>Number8</eight>
<nine>Number9</nine>
<left>StepBack</left>
<up>BigStepForward</up>
<down>BigStepBack</down>
<back>FullScreen</back>
<start>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</start>
<select>OSD</select>
<info>Info</info>
<subtitle>NextSubtitle</subtitle>
<star>noop</star>
<hash>AudioNextLanguage</hash>
<pageplus>BigStepForward</pageplus>
<pageminus>BigStepBack</pageminus>
<skipplus>BigStepForward</skipplus>
<skipminus>BigStepBack</skipminus>
</remote>
</FullscreenVideo>

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - rushingjs - 2013-10-08

I was just curious if the latest pvr repositories were being pulled in on these builds. I've always had a few minor playback issues with cmyth 1.6.10 and love the performance I get with these builds, just hoping to see if the newer versions ( I think it's 6.1.11?) could help. I know 1.8.x is out for gotham, but due to my mysql database setup I want to keep it all on frodo until a gotham release.

Thanks for all the work!

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - allan87 - 2013-10-08

The myth addon included in the most recent rbej Gotham build is 1.8.12

(2013-10-08, 02:13)allan87 Wrote: The myth addon included in the most recent rbej build is 1.8.12

For Frodo? It was my understanding this was Gotham only (I could be wrong). The addon version states its 1.6.10 with the latest 10/1 frodo build. It's dropping the stream every 3-5 minutes, and I can only select a channel from the menu. If I'm watching and try to punch in a number it tries to buffer (which it never normally has to do) and then goes back to the menu. I don't know if this is due to the build or the cmyth addon.

Not the Frodo build. Gotham. I have edited the above message to be clearer.

(2013-10-08, 02:56)rushingjs Wrote: The addon version states its 1.6.10 with the latest 10/1 frodo build. It's dropping the stream every 3-5 minutes, and I can only select a channel from the menu. If I'm watching and try to punch in a number it tries to buffer (which it never normally has to do) and then goes back to the menu. I don't know if this is due to the build or the cmyth addon.
Myth works pretty nicely with the current Rbej Gotham build. It has been a while since I used a Frodo build, but I do not recall having the kind of issue you describe, or anything similar. Well, maybe something a bit similar if I use myth over a wireless connection: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174811

I have always had it it seems. Running an HTPC with mythbuntu 0.26 on a wired network. Seems like no matter which openelec version I tried (I started at around 3.0) it always had the stream drop issue with the Pi. Never with a linux or windows x86 client though. It was hit or miss, but miss enough I never acted on it. But I digress.

I think I'll have to check out the Rbej Gotham build for the Pi's and if the combination of that and the new cmyth pvr addon is more robust I may have to find a somewhat stable Gotham build for the main HTPC and upgrade my MySQL databases to run Gotham versions.

How's the channel change delay on the Gotham build? I heard it was supposed to improve. WAF factor goes along way in my household!

Sorry for going off topic. There is one thing I can report and that's that after I switched the skin to Amber and ran the cachetexture python script I could no longer access the root directory of addons (where you can choose which repositories and such) I got a black screen. I'll see if I can reproduce the error and post a debug log. This is for the Rbej Frodo build.

Thanks to Rbej and popcornmix for the effort. I recently have a Pi setup in the extra bedroom so testing is now feasible without interrupting the bedroom setup!

With HDhomerun-->old macbook running mythbackend .26 --> wired RPi running Rbej gotham
- Recordings play very well
- live tv plays well, but channel changes take about 7 seconds

Issues
- there is no apparent way to override commercial skipping. Love it when the markers are in the right place, but commercial detection often misses the bit after the last ad. I would prefer manual commercial skip until this is fixed.
- Unusable over wifi (in my experience, anyway)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - theneverstill - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-05, 20:19)theneverstill Wrote: @hpbaxxter

Thankyou! That worked wonderfully! Not only are my rip times cut TREMENDOUSLY but it appears as if the original video plays MUCH better than the encoded versions. My original test was with Iron Man 1 and this one was with Star Trek 2 (the new one).. so I know it isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison -- which is why I'm redoing iron man 1 as we speak.

However, that being said, if you read my previous posts I was using 100% CPU and the buffer kept getting emptied out. Now, I am still using the 7.1 PCM audio, and still playing a 1080p movie, but here is the comparison:

Different: Movie and therefore bitrates (Iron Man 1 vs Star Trek 2), resolution (1920x1088 vs 1920x1080), and filesize (50GB vs 35GB)
Same: Both BDs, 7.1 PCM audio, standard clock rates (no overclock)

Result: Star Trek 2 plays wonderfully and only uses ~70-75% CPU

---

I'll post again when Iron Man 1 has been reripped and remuxed.

Sigh. Well, even though Star Trek 2 played wonderfully, Iron Man 1 is still having issues. Granted, it performed a lot better, but it still would run the buffer into the ground and freeze until the buffer got refilled. I tried different audio formats and that didn't fix the problem. Oddly enough the resulting file size was less than Star Trek 2 and the bitrate was about the same. Curious. -- I guess the only way to fix it now is to overclock.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - doveman2 - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-02, 09:31)rbej Wrote: Updated Gotham Branch

- updated OpenElec build

- updated Xbmc Gotham

- updated PVR add-on

- updated firmware and kernel

- [rbp] Add streamsilence option for hdmi

http://netlir.dk/rbej/builds/

http://lysin.me/rbej

OK, rolled back to this from the popcornmix build and stepping forward with video now works again Smile

Is there any chance of fixing the amplification feature so that it doesn't make these loud noises when starting playback of videos with audio at the start (such as Live/Recorded TV, downloaded videos, videos resumed from a previous point)? It's a great feature to have but it's rather difficult to use and recommend whilst these startling and potentially dangerous (to equipment) noises are happening.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - popcornmix - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-09, 11:48)doveman2 Wrote: Is there any chance of fixing the amplification feature so that it doesn't make these loud noises when starting playback of videos with audio at the start (such as Live/Recorded TV, downloaded videos, videos resumed from a previous point)? It's a great feature to have but it's rather difficult to use and recommend whilst these startling and potentially dangerous (to equipment) noises are happening.

I did some work on this yesterday, and it was looking promising. Not quite finished, but should be soon.

OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - kreeturez - 2013-10-09

(2013-10-09, 12:11)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 11:48)doveman2 Wrote: Is there any chance of fixing the amplification feature so that it doesn't make these loud noises when starting playback of videos with audio at the start (such as Live/Recorded TV, downloaded videos, videos resumed from a previous point)? It's a great feature to have but it's rather difficult to use and recommend whilst these startling and potentially dangerous (to equipment) noises are happening.

I did some work on this yesterday, and it was looking promising. Not quite finished, but should be soon.

Thanks, popcornmix! Would love to test this as soon as it's ready.

For now, I just mute before playing a video for the first second.

This amplification/DRC is an excellent feature; I'm glad to see it in the official builds!

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - rbej - 2013-10-09

Popcornmix.

Please sync Newclock3 with latest Xbmc git.

(2013-10-09, 12:35)rbej Wrote: Please sync Newclock3 with latest Xbmc git.

Done.

@rbej/@MilhouseVH

OpenELEC has changed the default from optimise for speed to optimise for size:
https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/commit/5c735b3f5bcd24540145ef033aaa82fb9dd1d155

This may (or may not) have a negative effect on the speed of the build. I'd be interested if you can see any difference.