Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=184866)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - allan87 - 2013-10-14

I am also getting relentless, repeating messages about Urlresolver and T0mm0. It makes no difference whether I click yes or no in response to the disable dialog, they keep coming back.

I have no idea whether I am even using anything that requires either of these, but neither even shows up among either enabled or disabled addons in settings. I'm thinking of manually locating and deleting related files in the .xbmc directory.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - popcornmix - 2013-10-15

(2013-10-09, 11:48)doveman2 Wrote: Is there any chance of fixing the amplification feature so that it doesn't make these loud noises when starting playback of videos with audio at the start (such as Live/Recorded TV, downloaded videos, videos resumed from a previous point)? It's a great feature to have but it's rather difficult to use and recommend whilst these startling and potentially dangerous (to equipment) noises are happening.

I've pushed an update to newclock3 that should improve things. Hopefully there will be a new build soon.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - doveman2 - 2013-10-15

(2013-10-15, 02:25)popcornmix Wrote: I've pushed an update to newclock3 that should improve things. Hopefully there will be a new build soon.

Cool, thanks, look forward to trying it. Did you manage to fix the issue with Step not working as well, as I had to go back to the standard rbej build because of that problem in the last newclock3 build?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - allan87 - 2013-10-15

Step works for me with the most recent rbej/newclock3 build (on two Pis) UNLESS I have deinterlace on. Then it doesn't work.

(2013-10-15, 04:01)allan87 Wrote: Step works for me with the most recent rbej/newclock3 build (on two Pis) UNLESS I have deinterlace on. Then it doesn't work.

Ah, maybe that was the problem then. I've found I need to disable deinterlace with the rbej build anyway, as otherwise I only get a black/green screen when trying to play youtube/iplayer videos but then for TV it really needs deinterlace on but then Step won't work, so I'm not really sure what to do at the moment.

At some point - within the last month, I'd say, I have lost the black bars that should display when a video's aspect ratio does not match the screen. For instance, if I am watching a 4:3 video, I see remnants of the XBMC 'desktop' on the left and right of the video, instead of black bars. Always running a recent rbej Gotham build.

Anyone else seeing this?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Huuh - 2013-10-15

Hi, just wanted to confirm whether popcornmix has indeed fixed the deinterlace bug. There doesn't seem to be any problems anymore with the latest rbej frodo, where there was a blurring effect. Thanks!

(2013-10-15, 09:09)Huuh Wrote: Hi, just wanted to confirm whether popcornmix has indeed fixed the deinterlace bug. There doesn't seem to be any problems anymore with the latest rbej frodo, where there was a blurring effect. Thanks!

Yes this deinterlace bug has been fixed in the firmware: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14627

(2013-10-15, 04:06)allan87 Wrote: At some point - within the last month, I'd say, I have lost the black bars that should display when a video's aspect ratio does not match the screen. For instance, if I am watching a 4:3 video, I see remnants of the XBMC 'desktop' on the left and right of the video, instead of black bars. Always running a recent rbej Gotham build.

Have you set algorithmdirtyregions to 1? Leave it at 3 - there are still artefacts on 1/2.

(2013-10-15, 04:01)allan87 Wrote: Step works for me with the most recent rbej/newclock3 build (on two Pis) UNLESS I have deinterlace on. Then it doesn't work.

I wasn't aware of that fact. I'll take a look.

(2013-10-15, 11:53)popcornmix Wrote:

I wasn't aware of that fact. I'll take a look.

Fixed on newclock3 and frodo_rbp_backports.

(2013-10-15, 15:15)popcornmix Wrote: Fixed on newclock3 and frodo_rbp_backports.

Great, thanks.

(2013-10-15, 11:52)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-10-15, 04:06)allan87 Wrote: At some point - within the last month, I'd say, I have lost the black bars that should display when a video's aspect ratio does not match the screen. For instance, if I am watching a 4:3 video, I see remnants of the XBMC 'desktop' on the left and right of the video, instead of black bars. Always running a recent rbej Gotham build.
Have you set algorithmdirtyregions to 1? Leave it at 3 - there are still artefacts on 1/2.
Yup. That was it. Thanks.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Koloss - 2013-10-15

Skin.widgets is defect, how i can repair this?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Squall13 - 2013-10-16

Has the pixel ratio / overscan / resolution resets been resolved yet in the Gotham builds?

(2013-08-26, 11:47)evanspae Wrote: This is a bug both I and doveman2 and others have posted on this see posts #438, #449 and #450.
According to XBMC wiki it should be possible to cut and paste desired guisettings into advancedsettings which should then take precedence. This works for the locale time settings but I have tried this approach with resolution and pixel ratio and other settings with no joy. If the Pi is rebooted I am back to square one (or should I say 0.5 pixel ratio!) with the same problem as you and others.

Thanks