Kodi Community Forum
LaunchBrowser deceased - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: LaunchBrowser deceased (/showthread.php?tid=18687)

Pages: 1 2 3

- flash - 2006-03-10

hi everyone.
looks like it may not be able to get launchbrowser working this time. as far as i can see there is no problem with code in the script and the mms url's are returned fin e. if you take the url and run it in windows media player it will work. if you run it in mplayer it wont so looks like they are doing something on their end to block connections from anything other than wma. anyone know if its possible to get mplayer to spoof itself to appear as wma.
i'll keep trying but its not looking good.
cheers.

- solexalex - 2006-03-10

hi flash
are you sure they don't use cookies ?
i made a script that use cookies for reading mms urls. let me know if it can help

- flash - 2006-03-10

any help would be great. the mms url that is returned is fine. but in xbmc/mplayer on pc it will not stream. fails each time. but i put the same stream in windows media player on my pc it works no problem at all.

- solexalex - 2006-03-10

if you want, have a look on this script :
http://xbmc-scripts.gx-mod.com/documents/scripts/canalplusv2.zip

you have to edit it to set authentification. you'll find an authentification available in comment. it is a french script.
it uses clientcookie lib

it is very personnal way to code :p but you should find your way.
let me know if you need infos

- Dischordio - 2006-03-12

found that almost everything played via the 'new videos' menu still works, but no other menus do. even the same video, if loaded from say search or top videos. same url, and, like you pointed out, i can grab the link from currentsong.txt, and paste it directly into wmp and it works fine- so its not the link...

- donno - 2006-03-13

i have modded launchbrowser 1.8 so all the buttons fit on the screen while running it on my pc (with the 2 'emulator' libaries), and it workes fine, ive even set it up to run mplayer with the link, and that plays it fine. so all the phrasing and stuff must work.

my only thoughts on what is wrong would be maybe they have changed the codec or something.

just logged in to give my 2 cents. hope to see this script fixed if it can be.

im using mplayer 1.0pre7-3.4.2 on my pc, and it plays the mms links fine.

- Livin - 2006-03-13

(donno @ mar. 12 2006,16:57 Wrote:i have modded launchbrowser 1.8 so all the buttons fit on the screen while running it on my pc (with the 2 'emulator' libaries), and it workes fine, ive even set it up to run mplayer with the link, and that plays it fine. so all the phrasing and stuff must work.

my only thoughts on what is wrong would be maybe they have changed the codec or something.

can you post your mod?

- flash - 2006-03-13

(donno @ mar. 12 2006,23:57 Wrote:i have modded launchbrowser 1.8 so all the buttons fit on the screen while running it on my pc (with the 2 'emulator' libaries), and it workes fine, ive even set it up to run mplayer with the link, and that plays it fine. so all the phrasing and stuff must work.

at the moment i am using a fairly old version of mplayer and xbmc so maybe this is the problem. i got a newer mplayer and it was able to play the stream so looks like we are back in business. i am getting the latest and greatest xbmc at the moment so lets hope things just work!

- flash - 2006-03-13

ok got the latest build of xbmc and still no luck. could someone let me know how to get the version number of mplayer.dll in the xbmc build. if anyone has a version of launchbrowser that is fully functional could they post the xbmc relase number here and where they got the build from. cheers to all for your help.

- Rand Al Thor - 2006-03-13

i just compiled a build on the 12th and as far as i know launch still works. the only problem is when it is caching a video there is no longer a progress bar so sometimes i think it has frozen up when in reality it is still caching the video. anyone else experience this?

- Nuka1195 - 2006-03-13

@flash, it's under system info. also the new videos work fine, but as rand al thor said, no progress bar.

- sCAPe - 2006-03-13

confirmed. i also have the problem with no progress bar when caching a video in launchbrowser.

- |vibez| - 2006-03-13

(affini @ mar. 13 2006,03:29 Wrote:
(donno @ mar. 12 2006,16:57 Wrote:i have modded launchbrowser 1.8 so all the buttons fit on the screen while running it on my pc (with the 2 'emulator' libaries), and it workes fine, ive even set it up to run mplayer with the link, and that plays it fine. so all the phrasing and stuff must work.

can you post your mod?
yes! i've been wanting this for so long. could you please post

- flash - 2006-03-13

hi. i think the problem with the no progress bar is besides the point. what the launchbrowser does is it gets the mms url and passes that into the xbmc so how the xbmc deals with it from there is its problem. whats then happening is that the stream isnt being loaded correctly outside of the control of launchbrowser.

- Dischordio - 2006-03-14

have you looked at your error logs?  im getting the following errors (not all of them every time, nor in any particular order)
warning kernel32.dll fake function disablethreadlibrarycalls called
error dll oleaut32.dll was not found in path
error unable to load referenced dll oleaut32.dll - dll: q:\system\players\mplayer\codecs\wmv9dmod.dll
error dll shlwapi.dll was not found in path
error unable to load referenced dll shlwapi.dll - dll: q:\system\players\mplayer\codecs\wmv9dmod.dll
error cmplayer::openfile() mms://mudwmod004.bcst.mud.yahoo.com/bmfroot04/bmfshare04//lauvpwm9/11/22998175.wmv?streamid=22998175&pl_auth=7018a630f1031fb753b5288abb67023b&ht=3630&xdata=einsjelet4vkqckmov00bg-38999595-1886812234&b=3e5u3891dirro&s=791020104

failed

also: re verification- they're using dce rpc. load up ethereal and fetch a mms- you'll see that the exchange is more complex than a simple get.