Kodi Community Forum
Running XBMC on a tablet. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Running XBMC on a tablet. (/showthread.php?tid=189068)

Pages: 1 2 3

Running XBMC on a tablet. - onepara - 2014-03-13

I have a Prestigio tablet & I am having trouble running XBMC. I can download it but it won't open properly. Can anyone help please?

RE: Running XBMC on a tablet. - SeedyEvil - 2014-03-14

Can you be more specific? What prestigio model is it. What is the exact problem, does it not install or does it crash when you try to open it. The more info you provide the more likely it is that someone will be able to help

RE: Running XBMC on a tablet. - onepara - 2014-03-14

I have a Prestigio Multipad 8.0 PRO DUO. It is only 5 months old. I have installed XBMC 12.3 Frodo & Superrepo All in one & then the repository.superrepo.org.frodo.all. When I open XBMC it starts to open & then the words 'Unfortunately, XBMC has stopped' appear on the screen. I have to click the O.K. button & then XBMC goes off the screen. Can you help please?.

RE: Running XBMC on a tablet. - SeedyEvil - 2014-03-14

Did xbmc work before you added the repo etc. try taking xbmc back to a fresh install state. You can do this by going to settings -> apps -> xbmc -> clear data and then try reopening xbmc and see what happens. If it works then it's probably an issue with the repo or something you've installed from it. Failing that try uninstalling xbmc completely and reinstall. Alternatively try a Gotham beta build from http://xbmc.org/download/ (make sure to download the ARM version. x86 is for intel based android devices)
BTW I'm not an expert on this just suggesting the steps I would take Big Grin

RE: Running XBMC on a tablet. - sheepybach - 2014-03-15

SE,
You are spot on with your advice to the OP as its what everybody else would say to do.

RE: Running XBMC on a tablet. - onepara - 2014-03-17

I don't have a previous install state as XBMC has never opened on my tablet. I just get the message, as I said before when I try to open it, therefore, I can't get into it at all. I'm new to this. I've just downloaded XBMC, installed it & then tried to open it. Each time I try to open it I get the 'Unfortunately' message as I said before. I've never been able to open it on this tablet. Could the answer be that this make of tablet just isn't 'man enough' to open this app?..

RE: Running XBMC on a tablet. - SeedyEvil - 2014-03-17

Have you tried clearing the app data by going to your device settings like I suggested?
BTW if you've never been able to open the app how did you install the repo? (You mention installing super repo in your second post)

RE: Running XBMC on a tablet. - sheepybach - 2014-03-17

onepara,
well xbmc should work on your tab. Can you do a full removal of xbmc then reboot and install Gotham Beta 1 build BUT don't install any repo's at present. See if that will allow you to open xbmc without any problems. Come back and let us know please. Remember don't install any repo's/add-ons for the time being.
iechyd da

RE: Running XBMC on a tablet. - onepara - 2014-03-18

sheepybach, thanks for your help, I did as you said & then I tried to install the Gotham build but after the download, & when trying to open it, a notice said that the package was incompatible with my tablet. Could it be that this make of tablet just won't run XBMC? It is a Prestigio PMP5580C & runs Android 4.1.1, which won't update. It has an 8Gb internal memory with 5.68Gb of that available. .

RE: Running XBMC on a tablet. - Prof Yaffle - 2014-03-18

@onepara - did you install the correct version of XBMC for your chipset? If you download the Android/ARM version then it should be okay.#

I'm working off this for your chipset: http://theunlockr.com/2013/07/31/prestigio-multipad-8-0-pro-duo-specs/ (Amlogic AML8726-MX), but I may have the wrong model.

And this for XBMC compatibility: Android_hardware (wiki)

@sheepybach - peidiwch â sôn am y rygbi Sad

RE: Running XBMC on a tablet. - sheepybach - 2014-03-19

Ni bydd i sôn am y rygbi

I wondering it the OP tab has a non neon SoC or an intel SoC as prestigio tabs have devices with thesecSoC's installed. The error that comes up, is the same 1 that comes up if you try to install the wrong version of xbmc.

RE: Running XBMC on a tablet. - onepara - 2014-03-21

Thanks for your interest, Prof Yaffle. I must add that all of this is new to me. I'm in my late 70's, I've had a P.C. for a lot of years, but this is my first Tablet, so I am unfamiliar with the apps.& how to work with them. Following your advice I've just downloaded XBMC Arm, I get the indication on the screen that the App is installed. I've clicked 'Open'. The App tries to open, but I get the message that 'Unfortunately, XBMC has stopped'. This happens each time that I download it & try to open it.

RE: Running XBMC on a tablet. - onepara - 2014-03-21

By the way Seedy Evil, I did as you said & went from settings to apps to XBMC, but 'Clear data' was blacked out, so there was no data to remove. 'Clear cache' has 41.62 MB at the side of it.

Prof Yaffle, I have a bit more info. for you. I have just found that this Tablet uses the Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 AML8726-MX Processor.

RE: Running XBMC on a tablet. - sheepybach - 2014-03-21

Well thats 1 thing sorted out, you have a neon device and so you should be able to use any of the android arm builds from frodo 12.3 to gotham beta 3 and those inbetween. Odd that you can't get it to run.

RE: Running XBMC on a tablet. - SeedyEvil - 2014-03-22

@onepara,
Sorry to hear you're still having issues with android xbmc. Like I said earlier I'm no expert at it but would like to help you if I can. As far as we can tell xbmc should be working so I'm wondering if there's something from a previous install messing thing up. If it's ok I would like you to try the following.
1. First power off your device and then turn back on. This should clear the memory and ensure that only the neccesary program's are running.
2. Next head to main menu -> settings -> apps -> xbmc.
3. Click "clear data" and "clear cache" (both buttons may not be available just click the ones that are).
4. Total storage should now read about 109MB and cache should read 0.00MB. (This means that no other files except the app itself remains)
5. Now click "Uninstall".
6. If you've installed anything else xbmc related please repeat steps 2 to 5 for the relevant app. (We're trying to eliminate all traces of xbmc before reinstalling)
7. Power off your device and turn back on again.
8. Head to main menu -> downloads.
9. Delete any xbmc related apk files as well as any other xbmc related files (repos, zips etc).
10. Once again power off/on device.
11. Your device should now be free of any trace of xbmc.
12. Click the following link in your device web browser to download the latest ARM android xbmc -> http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/android/arm/xbmc-13.0-Gotham_beta2-armeabi-v7a.apk
13. Once downloaded install the app but do not open it yet.
14. Power off/on device (final time I promise) and then head straight to xbmc and try opening it.
Let me know how you get on.

SeedyEvil