Kodi Community Forum
BOX - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Box (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=217)
+----- Thread: BOX (/showthread.php?tid=190266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [WIP] BOX - DjCisco - 2014-08-24

(2014-08-24, 15:42)TeuchterLoon Wrote: Hi DjCisco, I've been comparing your screenshots on page 1 with my own set-up and I'm wondering how you get artist fanart/backdrops to show in menus? I have enabled Universal scraper as well as AudioDB scraper and have enabled the slideshow thingy. I can get images to show when playing music, but not on the home-screen or on any other view such as album list... Is there something hidden deep in your menus that I need to enable?

I was hoping the scrapers would do the work for me, but they don't seem to be. Do you have dedicated fanart for each artist on your harddrive? It's something I would prefer not to have to do as I have hundreds of albums with many hundreds of artists...

watch gallery

Artist fanart is handled in a lot of different ways depending ob the section of the skin.

On the home screen you will see artist fanart if xbmc has fanart entries in the library.

When navigating artists and albums

1. Fanart is retrieved from an extrafolder if the user sets the path under slin settings
2. if no extrafanart is available, then the image in the xbmc library is shown.

When navigating songs

1. same as artists and albums
2. same ad artists and albums
3. if no fanart is available in the library. It displays a fanart.jpg located in the same folder as the song

When on music visualization.

1. same as artists and albums
2. aame as artists and albums
3. same as songs
4. if no local fanart.jpg is available at the songs location, a slideshow of color back grounds is displayed.
5.*** if artis slideshow is enabled 1 to 4 are ignored and everythinng is taken from what the addo provides.

In any case if you have fanart entries for the music artists on the xbmc music library you will see the fanart.

You can get artist fanart into the music library by pressing "i" ehile navigating through the artist list. Or by selectting "query info for all artists" from the context menu of the artists list.

My music collection is over 3000 albums, all of them with hand picked art. I simply dont. Like cbmc deciding which fanart to display, sometimes it just shows ugly fanart.

[WIP] BOX - jer78 - 2014-08-24

(2014-08-22, 09:10)DjCisco Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 21:21)jer78 Wrote:
(2014-08-15, 09:07)DjCisco Wrote: Previously the Tv Shiw Widgets were presenting epidoses. Now you actually have tv show widgets. All previous tv show widgets are now episode widgets and recommended is now called In Progress.

There seems to be something wrong with the new Recommended for TV shows or Episodes - In Progress.

On the new Box skin from the Dev repo I only get 5 shows that show up and all episodes I've already watched and it never gets updated. If I switch to the old Box13 skin the recommended widget works as it's supposed to. Any ideas?

Oh I just noticed my previous statement was wrong. Recommended is not In Progress, its Unwatched.

In Progress Widgets display elements whose status is "In Progress" in the xbmc library.

Unwatched displays the first unwatched episode of a tv show.( this was previpusly recommended)
So its normal that In Progress displays only 5 elements. It could also display none at all if you have nothing with the In Progress tag in the library.

Regarding auto updating. I will take a look.

Ok so I think the problem is this. I actually used the old Recommended because I have a lot of TV shows in XBMC sometimes even multi seasons that I haven't even watched an episode of. The problem this creates is id really prefer if they didn't display. I liked having just my currently watching shows to display the next episode for fast navigation. This seems to have changed from the old recommended widget. Any chance you could add that one back again? Enjoying the skin very much and would prefer to keep it! Thanks again for all your work!

RE: [WIP] BOX - DjCisco - 2014-08-24

The previous recommended items was displaying " first unplayed per tv show". The widget "unwatched" shows the same.

If I undetstand you correctly. You are saying that the previous recommended widget was displaying the first unwarched episode of a tv show that you are currently watching. If possible try other skin using skin widgets and and check the results of that list agaimst the resulst of the box skin to see if thet are different with the current status of your library.

I used the skin.widgets addon for the previous recommended widget. Now I use smart playlists for the widgets.
You could actually change the content of those default playlists ( they are on a folder called playlists in the skins foldet) or simply use a custom widget.

[WIP] BOX - jer78 - 2014-08-24

Ok that makes sense. Yes, they definitely are different. I still have the old Box13 skin and the skin.widgets is much better imo. Smart widgets isn't so smart lol. It just displays the next episode but doesn't sort by the shows I am actually watching. In fact, it only displays the shows I haven't watched yet. I'll try to figure out how to make a custom widget. Thanks

RE: [WIP] BOX - DjCisco - 2014-08-25

(2014-08-24, 22:19)jer78 Wrote: Ok that makes sense. Yes, they definitely are different. I still have the old Box13 skin and the skin.widgets is much better imo. Smart widgets isn't so smart lol. It just displays the next episode but doesn't sort by the shows I am actually watching. In fact, it only displays the shows I haven't watched yet. I'll try to figure out how to make a custom widget. Thanks

Ok since they differ I will see what I can do

[WIP] BOX - jer78 - 2014-08-27

(2014-08-25, 09:09)DjCisco Wrote:
(2014-08-24, 22:19)jer78 Wrote: Ok that makes sense. Yes, they definitely are different. I still have the old Box13 skin and the skin.widgets is much better imo. Smart widgets isn't so smart lol. It just displays the next episode but doesn't sort by the shows I am actually watching. In fact, it only displays the shows I haven't watched yet. I'll try to figure out how to make a custom widget. Thanks

Ok since they differ I will see what I can do

Thanks very much for looking into this. Would be much appreciated if it could be added back!

RE: [WIP] BOX - TeuchterLoon - 2014-08-30

Is it safe to download the newest version of xbmc - the skin is fully compatible?

RE: [WIP] BOX - TeuchterLoon - 2014-09-01

Sorry to keep asking about this DjCisco, but I'm genuinely struggling and no amount of searching on Google has given me the answer I need.

Fanart on the homepage. I have gone through loads of threads on this forum and think I have folder structure sussed. I've also gone through threads dedicated to various scrapers and have all the settings as recommended. I have updated my library and 'query info for all albums', I just can't get fanart to show on the homepage for Music.

I have attached images so you can see my problem.

IMG1 - Artist folder with Album folders, fanart.jpg, folder.jpg and logo.png
IMG2 - Album folder - MP3 files (all of which have the artwork embedded using MP3Tag), cover.jpg, folder.jpg and cdart.png
IMG3 - Music Home. Circled is the album I have used in the folder images. Notice no fanart or album art show. However...
IMG4 - Library view - Suddenly it all appears. Going back to the home screen makes it all vanish again, so I try another album.
IMG5 - Music home - Highlighted album. Album art shows, yet still no fanart background.
IMG6 - Back to Library and it shows?
IMG7 - Music Video home - Just a quick check and yes, fanart backgrounds show on the homescreen!

I am obviously not doing something... or does this skin simply not allow fanart backgrounds on the music home?

watch gallery

RE: [WIP] BOX - DjCisco - 2014-09-01

(2014-09-01, 16:56)TeuchterLoon Wrote: Sorry to keep asking about this DjCisco, but I'm genuinely struggling and no amount of searching on Google has given me the answer I need.

Fanart on the homepage. I have gone through loads of threads on this forum and think I have folder structure sussed. I've also gone through threads dedicated to various scrapers and have all the settings as recommended. I have updated my library and 'query info for all albums', I just can't get fanart to show on the homepage for Music.

I have attached images so you can see my problem.

IMG1 - Artist folder with Album folders, fanart.jpg, folder.jpg and logo.png
IMG2 - Album folder - MP3 files (all of which have the artwork embedded using MP3Tag), cover.jpg, folder.jpg and cdart.png
IMG3 - Music Home. Circled is the album I have used in the folder images. Notice no fanart or album art show. However...
IMG4 - Library view - Suddenly it all appears. Going back to the home screen makes it all vanish again, so I try another album.
IMG5 - Music home - Highlighted album. Album art shows, yet still no fanart background.
IMG6 - Back to Library and it shows?
IMG7 - Music Video home - Just a quick check and yes, fanart backgrounds show on the homescreen!

I am obviously not doing something... or does this skin simply not allow fanart backgrounds on the music home?

watch gallery

Yup it is not working for the recent Albums Widget.
That is the only Widget whose data is retrieved from the skin.widgets service. The new widgets implementation is done via smart playlist and apperantly. The fanart display doesnt work with data coming from the skin. Widgets addon.

You can try this by simply selecting other albums widget. Then you will see the fanart. I will try and fix it for the recent albums widget.

Regarding the missing cover, that is something in your library.

RE: [WIP] BOX - TeuchterLoon - 2014-09-01

Thanks for looking into that for me. At least I know I'm not going mad :-)

RE: [WIP] BOX - DjCisco - 2014-09-02

(2014-09-01, 23:47)TeuchterLoon Wrote: Thanks for looking into that for me. At least I know I'm not going mad :-)

P.S.: A recommendation: For albums with more than 1 Disc like in your example, you should use the Tag in the File to provide the disc number information. XBMC reads that and will show only 1 Album in the collection (as it should be). When you select the album, xmbc sorts the tracks by disc. so you should see something like
Track 1
Track 2
Track 3
Track 1
Track 2
Track 3

RE: [WIP] BOX - TeuchterLoon - 2014-09-02

I always just keep them separate so I co go directly to and play only that disc. Also, if they have different artwork, I like to have all artworks showing - examples being Dire Straits "Alchemy" where discs 1 & 2 have different covers and different cd art; the same goes for The Saturdays' "Finest Selection" album.

It's a personal preference.

RE: [WIP] BOX - DjCisco - 2014-09-03

Just sent an Update Request.

Update includes :
- Fixed Recent Album Widget Fanart
- Added Recommended Episodes Widget
- Added Weather Temperature Display

RE: [WIP] BOX - TeuchterLoon - 2014-09-07

New update works perfectly :-D

RE: [WIP] BOX - Corky1217 - 2014-09-09

Is anyone else experiencing a problem with the TVTunes add-on?

Everything works correctly, but whenever I exit from a TV Show, the tune fades out but jumps to a high volume at the very last second. Its pretty disorienting. Anyone know of a fix?

I wasn't sure if the problem might be skin specific.

Otherwise, I absolutely love this skin!