Kodi Community Forum
BOX - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Box (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=217)
+----- Thread: BOX (/showthread.php?tid=190266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: BOX - DjCisco - 2015-02-14

(2015-02-13, 23:38)Lionverse Wrote:
(2015-02-13, 23:03)DjCisco Wrote: I dont rember how its sorted, I will revise it and choose the most appropiate order.
I believe it has always been most recently watched show (that still contains unwatched eppisodes) first

Thats recommended, In Progress are those episodes one has started but not yet finished

RE: BOX - stovies - 2015-02-14

DjCisco

Not sure if this is skin related or not, but in the latest version of the skin, some video plugins (such as Apple Trailers) are displaying non populated blank screens.

Stovies

RE: BOX - Lionverse - 2015-02-14

(2015-02-14, 00:55)DjCisco Wrote: Thats recommended, In Progress are those episodes one has started but not yet finished

Sorry, you are correct and thanks again for the updates. I just got my Raspberry Pi 2 and loaded it with OSMC and Box and it is running great! While you are pumping out the updates I thought I would throw out a few requests:

1- You had previously said you could add a toggle to return the album widgets to their previous behavior so selecting am album would have it start to play rather than open the track list.

2- During fullscreen music playback when the info is brought up it would be nice if the clock came up as well

3- When video is paused could there be an option for the info bar to show

4- I'm using the List Info view for TV episodes. Is it possible for the poster there to be the season poster rather than the all seasons poster?

I'm not sure if this last one will go along with your vision for BOX and I get if it doesn't but one thing I do find still missing from other skins is a dedicated episode view like that from Aeon Nox or Neon.

Thanks again for all your hard work and the great skin!

RE: BOX - DjCisco - 2015-02-15

(2015-02-12, 23:02)stovies Wrote: DjCisco

Hope you had a relaxing Festive break. For the next release, as well as Kodi compatibility, is there any chance of default artwork for the main menus i.e. a specific background for those times when no fanart exists? That would be awesome Smile

First item in my to do list. After thr conversion to helix

Did this get done in the recent release. If so, I'm struggling to work out how to enable it!

DONE. Available on Next Update

(2015-02-14, 15:47)stovies Wrote: DjCisco

Not sure if this is skin related or not, but in the latest version of the skin, some video plugins (such as Apple Trailers) are displaying non populated blank screens.

Stovies

Fixed. Available on next update

RE: BOX - Ziemowit - 2015-02-15

Thanks for fixing the skin to work with Helix. Blush

Have some keyboard related issues:
In the keyboard being on "d" the up-button won't move the "cursor", remains on "d".

You might reconsider the whole navigation of the keyboard maybe, it's quite annoying going up from "V" ending up at "F". Though it makes sense on a regular keyboard, it doesn't on the tv-screen.

RE: BOX - zang - 2015-02-15

(2015-02-15, 10:53)Ziemowit Wrote: Thanks for fixing the skin to work with Helix. Blush

In the keyboard being on "d" the up-button won't move the "cursor", remains on "d".

You might reconsider the whole navigation of the keyboard maybe, it's quite annoying going up from "V" ending up at "F". Though it makes sense on a regular keyboard, it doesn't on the tv-screen.

I don't believe that a skin can override the keyboard in any way. Changes to keyboard controls must be configured by creating a keyboard.xml file, per the instructions here:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_keyboard.xml

No, I don't believe that's the issue. I am pretty sure it's somewhere in the DialogKeyboard.xml. As I understand it defines the appearance and behaviour of the keyboard layer, just like any other of the xml's in that folder. Does for the other menues. Maybe DJcisco can clarify.

(2015-02-15, 10:53)Ziemowit Wrote: Thanks for fixing the skin to work with Helix. Blush

confirmed the "d" issue. I will fix it.

Regarding the rest. I understand what you mean, And the only possible solution is to have a keyboard that is alligned like the confluence keyboard, and that is just horrible.

So for the keyboard to look good, there are some limitations that you have to live with, and the current navigation sytle is one of them.

I will keep the current style (sorry if you dont like it ) it just makes it a lot faster for your eye to find the letter you need. Plus it is awesome when dealing with touchscreens,

If you are actually using a remote for typing I would recommend using some wireless keyboard, a tablet or your phone as your controller, your kodi experience will be much better.

I don't mean the design and appearance. What I mean is, when you are using a remote, and navigate through the letters, then, although (I believe) H is directly above V on screen, when at V and pushing UP, I will end up at F, which is 1UP and 2 RIGHT from V.

I will try out changing to confluence to Better understand your reply.

EDIT.
OK. Confluence keyboard is a mess. But how does that DialogKeyboard file work. Don't you define where the cursor will move depending on where it currently is? As I understand it for the d-issue, there is currently no action defined for UP.

(2015-02-15, 15:21)Ziemowit Wrote: I don't mean the design and appearance. What I mean is, when you are using a remote, and navigate through the letters, then, although (I believe) H is directly above V on screen, when at V and pushing UP, I will end up at F, which is 1UP and 2 RIGHT from V.

I will try out changing to confluence to Better understand your reply.

EDIT.
OK. Confluence keyboard is a mess. But how does that DialogKeyboard file work. Don't you define where the cursor will move depending on where it currently is? As I understand it for the d-issue, there is currently no action defined for UP.

Yes for each key one has to define the up and down action.

In the keyboard the are 4 rows and each row has 13 keys. Basically it works so that the 1st keys in each row navigate to 1st keys in other rows, 2nd keys navigate to 2nd keys, 3rd keys navigate 3rd keys and so forth.

The V gos to F because "V" is the 4th key in row 4 and F is the 4th Key in row 3. If you have an english layout yo have:

A S D F G H J K L
Y X C V B N M

but in order for the keyboard to look good I center the rows so you get:

A S D F G H J K L
_Y X C V B N M

Navigation doesnt change so V(4th Key) still goes to F(4th Key) , but since it is centered it looks as if it jumps to the left.

I could of course define it so that the 4th Key "V" gos to the "5th" key "G" , that would work fine.

But if I do that and a german user uses the skin he would get

A S D F G H J K L Ö Ä
___Y X C V B N M

because the 4th Key goes to the 5th Key, he would see V navigating to G, just like before, but because of his layout that would also looks as a jumot to the left in his layout.

So basically because all layouts are different, the only possible way of having consitent navigation is to have the keys alligned as in confluence.

Ok, understand kind of, thanks for clarifying. Still annoying. I'm glad I don't need a keyboard that often. Still, if I'm thinking about customizing this, is dialogkeyboard.xml the correct file to look into?

(2015-02-15, 17:48)Ziemowit Wrote: Ok, understand kind of, thanks for clarifying. Still annoying. I'm glad I don't need a keyboard that often. Still, if I'm thinking about customizing this, is dialogkeyboard.xml the correct file to look into?

yes correct

RE: BOX - tboydj - 2015-02-16

I can't seem to find the download link. Can someone point it out for me?

EDIT - nvm I found it.

RE: BOX - Prizm4 - 2015-02-16

Is it possible to add a Refresh Library icon to the settings area? Unless I'm missing something, I have to exit and restart XBMC everytime I add new files so that it can scan for the new content. Bit of a pain when using a dedicated box for XBMC.