Kodi Community Forum
BOX - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Box (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=217)
+----- Thread: BOX (/showthread.php?tid=190266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [WIP] BOX - DjCisco - 2014-06-02

Hi Everybody ,

A new update is available, See first post for download link

Main Feature : Home Customization

- Tiles
- Main Labels
- Main Icons
- Widgets

RE: [WIP] BOX - stovies - 2014-06-03

DjCisco

Awesome work! Looks great on the PC. Will check Pi in the morning. Love the customization options. Not sure if there is an easy way of hinting at what each icon represents (much like you have done with the widgets). Thanks for your continued efforts. Much appreciated.

RE: [WIP] BOX - DjCisco - 2014-06-03

(2014-06-03, 00:36)stovies Wrote: DjCisco

Awesome work! Looks great on the PC. Will check Pi in the morning. Love the customization options. Not sure if there is an easy way of hinting at what each icon represents (much like you have done with the widgets). Thanks for your continued efforts. Much appreciated.

True. I will add a label so the user can know what he is choosing

Just tried the new skin on my Raspberry Pi. Unfortunately, regardless of widget choice, the widgets still don't show. Very weird Sad

The good news is that the fanart on the main TV menu on the PC is now fixed!

DjCisco

I've populated one of the additional navigation tabs. Cool. However, when I reset everything back to Empty the plus navigation icon remains even after a reset and a complete removal and reinstall of the theme. Is there a way to remove it completely?

Also, a very low level request. Would it be possible to remove the Pause text from pause? I'd rather it was invisible!

RE: [WIP] BOX - stovies - 2014-06-04

DjCisco

I've managed to get the widgets to appear on my Raspberry Pi by copying the service.skin.widgets library into the addons folder. It doesn't appear to be baked into the OpenElec 4.0.3 build. Does Box13 make use of this library or is it just a coincidence that things have sorted themselves out? Those experiencing the lack of widgets on their Pi builds might want to try this. Worked for me!

RE: [WIP] BOX - KiriTsuke - 2014-06-04

Wow great update DjCisco Wink

If you want test, i've adapted the nbox's overlay animation on your last update:

boxHomeAnim.7z

Works with posters, thumb and albums on the 5 widgets sub

RE: [WIP] BOX - DjCisco - 2014-06-05

(2014-06-04, 19:34)stovies Wrote: DjCisco

I've managed to get the widgets to appear on my Raspberry Pi by copying the service.skin.widgets library into the addons folder. It doesn't appear to be baked into the OpenElec 4.0.3 build. Does Box13 make use of this library or is it just a coincidence that things have sorted themselves out? Those experiencing the lack of widgets on their Pi builds might want to try this. Worked for me!

Hi stovies,

Yes skin widgets is required, but if you were seeing the widgets in the confluence skin it means that you had the service already installed. also the skin knows that it needs the service and thus should install it automatically
Maybe you had an older version of the service in your openelec instalation, but if your Pi is connected to the internet it should automatically update.

I am glad thar you solved the problem

RE: [WIP] BOX - cjvanzwol - 2014-06-06

I ran into the same problem, but after reinstalling the widget add-on, it works fine.

The only problem i have now is that there are no fanart backgrounds on the tvshow screen.

RE: [WIP] BOX - DjCisco - 2014-06-07

As of the latest update, there is no such thing as a tv menu,movie menu, or music menu. The user decides what content each menu has.

Home fanart is widget specific, so if you havent chosen a widget you wont see any fanart.

RE: [WIP] BOX - Lionverse - 2014-06-08

Thanks for the update! Finally got around to installing it and I really like the new menu idea, very cool. It would be cool if we could put things from favorites in the menu too. For example on my ATV I have a favorite set up play the disc in my desktops drive. It be awesome to have that under the movies menu. Anyway loving this skin thanks so much!

RE: [WIP] BOX - DjCisco - 2014-06-10

(2014-06-08, 07:25)Lionverse Wrote: Thanks for the update! Finally got around to installing it and I really like the new menu idea, very cool. It would be cool if we could put things from favorites in the menu too. For example on my ATV I have a favorite set up play the disc in my desktops drive. It be awesome to have that under the movies menu. Anyway loving this skin thanks so much!

More home tiles will be available soon. Including addons and playlists

RE: [WIP] BOX - Lionverse - 2014-06-10

(2014-06-10, 05:17)DjCisco Wrote: More home tiles will be available soon. Including addons and playlists

Awesome I can't wait! Have you considered setting up a donation account? I donated to MQ when I was using his Aeon and Ace, I'm sure a couple other guys on here would kick you a few bucks too.

RE: [WIP] BOX - stovies - 2014-06-11

I'd contribute to a fund. Love this skin!

RE: [WIP] BOX - DjCisco - 2014-06-12

(2014-06-10, 16:30)Lionverse Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 05:17)DjCisco Wrote: More home tiles will be available soon. Including addons and playlists

Have you considered setting up a donation account? I donated to MQ when I was using his Aeon and Ace, I'm sure a couple other guys on here would kick you a few bucks too.

(2014-06-11, 19:56)stovies Wrote: I'd contribute to a fund. Love this skin!

Thanks for the thought, but I am developing the skin with the features that I like, because I want to se it my self, and since xbmc is free I thought I could simply contribute back.

Maybe after I finish the functionallity that I am interested in, I will accept request for funcionalities and set a donation account.