Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - dukester - 2014-04-23

Got my fire TVs up and running, Great job to everyone who's made this happen so quickly. My question is how do you get volume control in xbmc to work? I have pass through disabled but I'm still not getting volume control.
Using Yatse for a remote and it shows the adjustments and mute but that's it. No actual change.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - DBMandrake - 2014-04-23

(2014-04-22, 03:23)underworld123 Wrote: I tried Airplay again on the Gotham Beta 4 build today and I was able to do Airplay video. However, this time there was no audio. I tried to play with the audio settings, but nothing helped. Is there something trivial that I am missing?
What iOS app were you testing with ? If it was the Youtube app, delete and re-install Youtube, as there was a known problem affecting airplay audio on a recent update of the Youtube app. (I lost airplay audio from Youtube on all my XBMC machines, none of which are FTV)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - KrakaJap - 2014-04-23

(2014-04-22, 17:55)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 16:16)kyoo Wrote: Hi folks.. I just put Gotham nightly on my FTV last night.. wow was that simple... it seems to work fairly well. I started to play around with the <pathsubstitution> features in an effort to make life easier for me when wiping the builds and adding new ones.. My goal being just to push advancedsettings.xml over and be done..

This is the pathsubstitution segment from the advancedsettings.xml file.. if I uncomment the passwords and/or the mediasources.xml sections, XBMC no longer starts.. the debug log doesn't show squat for a reason, either. What am I doing wrong? Thankfully, the sources substitution works.. I don't know if the profiles.xml subs actually does anything.. I was trying to figure out a way to read the "masterlock" info from a centralized config file.. not sure that's feasible though, since those settings appear to be strewn across lots of files.. one being the guisettings.xml, which shan't be centralized..

Thoughts on what I'm doing wrong here?

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
                <substitute>
                        <from>special://profile/sources.xml</from>
                        <to>smb://user:[email protected]/xbmc/userdata/sources.xml</to>
                </substitute>
                <substitute>
                        <from>special://profile/profiles.xml</from>
                        <to>smb://user:[email protected]/xbmc/userdata/profiles.xml</to>
                </substitute>
<!--
                <substitute>
                        <from>special://profile/passwords.xml</from>
                        <to>smb://user:[email protected]/xbmc/userdata/passwords.xml</to>
                </substitute>
                <substitute>
                        <from>special://profile/mediasources.xml</from>
                        <to>smb://user:[email protected]/xbmc/userdata/mediasources.xml</to>
                </substitute>
-->
        </pathsubstitution>

Wondering if the special:// paths do not work on AFTV. Can you try something like
Code:
/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

This will be a wonderful solution for a device with limited storage capacity. Let us know if you get this working.

BTW, here is another thread on the issue http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181063

Direct paths like that don't seem to work on the FTV... I tried numerous combinations trying to get Thumbnails offloaded to my server. What worked for me (on Gotham) was to use the xbmc "special" protocol. In my case... special://thumbnails. That worked like a charm... however, when I tried to apply this same pathsub to a second profile it failed.

I tried special://thumbnails in the advancedsettings.xml on that profile as well as special://profile/thumbnails which, by their definition, should have pointed directly to the active profile.

NOTE: This does introduce a little lag when pulling up thumbnails/fanart while browsing. But to save a ton of space on a limited storage device... it's worth it to me.

If anyone knows how to get this working for a profile other than masterprofile, I'd really like to know.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - hdmkv - 2014-04-23

AirPlay is spotty for me with Gotham and FTV. Sometimes works, other times only audio option.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - MrMichaelJames - 2014-04-23

I know this isn't about XBMC, but thought some would be interested...

HBOGo coming to fire tv:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/23/amazon-older-hbo-shows-to-prime-instant-video-free/?ncid=rss_truncated

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Goldyflix - 2014-04-23

How do you increase buffering size before the video starts to play in gotham? Because on some video i get some stutering if i dont pause it for like 15 sec and then i click play and everything is fine,

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - eracknaphobia - 2014-04-23

(2014-04-23, 16:39)Goldyflix Wrote: How do you increase buffering size before the video starts to play in gotham? Because on some video i get some stutering if i dont pause it for like 15 sec and then i click play and everything is fine,

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - squarecut1 - 2014-04-23

(2014-04-22, 23:40)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-04-22, 23:33)squarecut1 Wrote: But how do you do things like bringing up the context menu in xbmc thru FTV remote?

See Alternate Keymaps in wiki

Thank you to you and others who have patiently answered my questions. I'd probably have more questions later on. Thanks

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - underworld123 - 2014-04-23

(2014-04-23, 15:15)KrakaJap Wrote: Direct paths like that don't seem to work on the FTV... I tried numerous combinations trying to get Thumbnails offloaded to my server. What worked for me (on Gotham) was to use the xbmc "special" protocol. In my case... special://thumbnails. That worked like a charm... however, when I tried to apply this same pathsub to a second profile it failed.

I tried special://thumbnails in the advancedsettings.xml on that profile as well as special://profile/thumbnails which, by their definition, should have pointed directly to the active profile.

NOTE: This does introduce a little lag when pulling up thumbnails/fanart while browsing. But to save a ton of space on a limited storage device... it's worth it to me.

If anyone knows how to get this working for a profile other than masterprofile, I'd really like to know.

Can you post your advancedsettings.xml for others to replicate? I can live with the little lag, if I can save space on AFTV.

(2014-04-23, 17:09)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-04-23, 15:15)KrakaJap Wrote: Direct paths like that don't seem to work on the FTV... I tried numerous combinations trying to get Thumbnails offloaded to my server. What worked for me (on Gotham) was to use the xbmc "special" protocol. In my case... special://thumbnails. That worked like a charm... however, when I tried to apply this same pathsub to a second profile it failed.

Can you post your advancedsettings.xml for others to replicate? I can live with the little lag, if I can save space on AFTV.

Only if you promise to help me figure out how to get this working in a separate profile Smile lol

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.102</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
    <name>xbmc_movies</name>
  </videodatabase>
  <musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.102</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
    <name>xbmc_music</name>
  </musicdatabase>
  <videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
  </videolibrary>
  <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>special://thumbnails/</from>
      <to>smb://username:[email protected]/xbmc_thumbnails</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

/xbmc_thumbnails is a Windows share that I gave "Everyone" read/write permissions to. So I don't think I need to include the username and password but I did anyway. I think I might have network share authentication enabled which would require that, just forgot to look. Smile

Also I should note that for whatever reason I had to start over... I uninstalled xbmc, deleted the mysql database, then reinstalled and set everything back up from scratch. Not sure if I just dorked up the database somehow or what but I tried this exact xml earlier in my process and it failed until I started over.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - DJ B-Roll - 2014-04-23

I followed everything in the link that was posted about editing the advance settings, But Im so confused on how to do so. Do you do this within xbmc or do I use something else. If so what do i do? Anyway you can give me steps?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - yocoldrain - 2014-04-23

(2014-04-23, 18:05)DJ B-Roll Wrote: I followed everything in the link that was posted about editing the advance settings, But Im so confused on how to do so. Do you do this within xbmc or do I use something else. If so what do i do? Anyway you can give me steps?

you need to edit it externally on pc or if you're cofortable with es explorer's textedit. file resides in userdata folder.

(2014-04-23, 18:05)DJ B-Roll Wrote: I followed everything in the link that was posted about editing the advance settings, But Im so confused on how to do so. Do you do this within xbmc or do I use something else. If so what do i do? Anyway you can give me steps?

You create/edit the file locally on whatever pc/laptop then adb push it to your ftv:
adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/[your xbmc flavor. ex: org.xbmc.xbmc]/files/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jleeca - 2014-04-23

(2014-04-23, 15:06)dukester Wrote: My question is how do you get volume control in xbmc to work? I have pass through disabled but I'm still not getting volume control.
Using Yatse for a remote and it shows the adjustments and mute but that's it. No actual change.

I also have the same problem. As I'm currently running Frodo, I'm wondering if this problem is resolved in Gotham?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - DiegoMejia - 2014-04-23

(2014-04-23, 18:15)KrakaJap Wrote:

You create/edit the file locally on whatever pc/laptop then adb push it to your ftv:
adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Depends on the version of XBMC you are using....

For XBMC on Ouya Version:
adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/tv.ouya.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

For SPMC Version:
adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

For Regular XBMC Version:
adb push advancedsettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

P.S. Thanks again for uploading the advancedsettings xml file, cant wait to test it