Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Anastrophe - 2014-05-05

Yip

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - xiaNaix - 2014-05-05

(2014-05-05, 19:54)z31fanatic Wrote: Is anyone using the Gotham stable release? Are you using hardware acceleration? Mediacoded, libstagefight, or both?
I ask because I am getting bad stuttering on all my blu-ray rips. Also the audio is a few seconds ahead of the video. DVD rips play fine.

What settings are you using?

Thanks

Libstagefright is the only one currently supported on Fire TV but I've found it doesn't work properly with some content. I keep them both turned off.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - MrMichaelJames - 2014-05-05

(2014-05-05, 21:30)haikuginger Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 20:18)Exthor Wrote: It still amazes me that any company, with technology we have these days would put out a tv box that doesn't support external HD storage, that just seems like the most basic function a tv box should have.
It shouldn't have anything to do with piracy, it's none of their business where I get my content from.

Where you get your content from is exactly what their business is.

Actually that is only PART of their business. The other part is selling things. They can't sell apps and games if there isn't enough space to install them. They bought their own game studio, I think its a safe bet they are going to allow external storage otherwise no one is going to have space to buy all the games they will produce and want to sell.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Senaxx - 2014-05-05

If someone is to lazy to do / learn some adb commands, i've updated my tool XBMC automatic installation tool.

v1.01 now works with any xbmc version (nightly, beta, final, rc)

Download: http://rghost.net/54976771

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Lunatixz - 2014-05-05

(2014-05-05, 22:47)Senaxx Wrote: If someone is to lazy to do / learn some adb commands, i've updated my tool XBMC automatic installation tool.

In-order to use this all you need to do is setup ADB?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Senaxx - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-05, 23:01)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 22:47)Senaxx Wrote: If someone is to lazy to do / learn some adb commands, i've updated my tool XBMC automatic installation tool.

In-order to use this all you need to do is setup ADB?

1. enable ADB Debugging on your AFTV,
2. Place your downloaded xbmc version (final recommended) in the XBMC dir
3. Start the app,choose 1 to instal
4. Insert your ip from the AFTV and it will install.

I'm currently busy with a Windows app version that's for even more lazy people Wink

XBMC For Fire TV launcher app update - who.is.matt - 2014-05-06

Hey guys... Here's an update on the status of my launcher app.

I submitted it to the Amazon App Store yesterday. I got an email today asking me to make a minor change to conform to Amazon's trademark policy. (Turns out if you even mention Amazon or any of its devices or services you have to put in a disclaimer saying that the app wasn't developed by Amazon. I somehow managed to overlook that one sentence on that one page of the dozen or so dealing with requirements and terms for submitting apps.) That issue is hopefully now resolved. I don't foresee any other obstacles in the app getting approved. Not that I saw that one coming, either, but... There's really not much else about the app they could object to.

Also, for any fellow Ouya users out there, I added Ouya support so that it will appear in the Ouya's Play menu. You now have three options for running XBMC on the Ouya without going to the Make menu: the unofficial XBMC For Ouya (missing DTS and AC3 support), Koying's SPMC (which is excellent, but based on Frodo), or using my XBMC For Fire TV launcher with XBMC Gotham (at least as long as you don't mind using something clearly designed for a different device on the Ouya).

EDIT: I changed the project name to be less device-specific and avoid using any Amazon trademarks, so I've updated the link.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - ILLESTNOIZE - 2014-05-06

Hi,

On the final version of XBMC GOTHAM 13 I have both libstage and mediacodec enabled under hardware acceleration works great! Only issue is playing large .mkv files over UpNp anything over 8GB will be slow not enough cache. Enjoy!!

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jocala - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-06, 00:41)who.is.matt Wrote: Hey guys... Here's an update on the status of my launcher app.

I submitted it to the Amazon App Store yesterday. I got an email today asking me to make a minor change to conform to Amazon's trademark policy. (Turns out if you even mention Amazon or any of its devices or services you have to put in a disclaimer saying that the app wasn't developed by Amazon. I somehow managed to overlook that one sentence on that one page of the dozen or so dealing with requirements and terms for submitting apps.) That issue is hopefully now resolved. I don't foresee any other obstacles in the app getting approved. Not that I saw that one coming, either, but... There's really not much else about the app they could object to.

Also, for any fellow Ouya users out there, I added Ouya support so that it will appear in the Ouya's Play menu. You now have three options for running XBMC on the Ouya without going to the Make menu: the unofficial XBMC For Ouya (missing DTS and AC3 support), Koying's SPMC (which is excellent, but based on Frodo), or using my XBMC For Fire TV launcher with XBMC Gotham (at least as long as you don't mind using something clearly designed for a different device on the Ouya).

Excellent news! Good luck for final acceptance Smile

p.s. how about a launch at boot option?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - haikuginger - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-06, 00:41)who.is.matt Wrote: Hey guys... Here's an update on the status of my launcher app.

Excellent going! Good job on ignoring the naysayers and submitting your app anyway- all they can say is "no", and it doesn't sound like they are!

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Resnoid - 2014-05-06

Good work! Big Grin

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - who.is.matt - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-06, 00:55)jocala Wrote: p.s. how about a launch at boot option?

Hrm... That's really beyond the scope of this app currently, and there are already other ways of doing that (such as using AutoPilot, Tasker, AutomateIt, or Llama) so I'm not sure I want to replicate others' work. Also, I doubt Amazon would be as accepting of that sort of thing.

But I already have a few ideas for improving the app, and I'm not ruling anything out at this point. Feedback is always welcome!

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - PK21 - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-05, 20:18)Exthor Wrote: It still amazes me that any company, with technology we have these days would put out a tv box that doesn't support external HD storage, that just seems like the most basic function a tv box should have.
It shouldn't have anything to do with piracy, it's none of their business where I get my content from.

(2014-05-05, 19:53)sspectre Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 19:11)LRa Wrote: Is there a hack or do you think there will be one that enables watching media from usb storage?

No hack at this time; I believe Amazon said USB storage would be enabled in a future update, but I can't find a reference for that at the moment.

I spoke with Amazon support two weeks ago and asked this question. I was told that they expected usb to be enabled for external storage in a future firmware update. Didn't say when...

Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - esso1980 - 2014-05-06

Has anybody tried if USB works on the new update that was release?

Re: RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - LazerBlue - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-06, 02:15)esso1980 Wrote: Has anybody tried if USB works on the new update that was release?

What is the version? The only one mine ever got was the first one when I first plugged it in. That was back when it launched.