Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - herds - 2014-05-06

Question:

Multiple USB.

I was wondering, if one would want to use a k400 keyboard and a 360 wireless pad would that work with a usb hub on the firetv?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - hdmkv - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-06, 13:26)jtr2006 Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 00:41)who.is.matt Wrote: Hey guys... Here's an update on the status of my launcher app.

I submitted it to the Amazon App Store yesterday. I got an email today asking me to make a minor change to conform to Amazon's trademark policy. (Turns out if you even mention Amazon or any of its devices or services you have to put in a disclaimer saying that the app wasn't developed by Amazon. I somehow managed to overlook that one sentence on that one page of the dozen or so dealing with requirements and terms for submitting apps.) That issue is hopefully now resolved. I don't foresee any other obstacles in the app getting approved. Not that I saw that one coming, either, but... There's really not much else about the app they could object to.

Also, for any fellow Ouya users out there, I added Ouya support so that it will appear in the Ouya's Play menu. You now have three options for running XBMC on the Ouya without going to the Make menu: the unofficial XBMC For Ouya (missing DTS and AC3 support), Koying's SPMC (which is excellent, but based on Frodo), or using my XBMC For Fire TV launcher with XBMC Gotham (at least as long as you don't mind using something clearly designed for a different device on the Ouya).

Great news! Please let us all know when it becomes available. Thank you for working to make this happen!

Waiting with baited breath who.is.matt... this will make the wife and kids much happier.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - MrMichaelJames - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-06, 10:09)arman68 Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 06:33)MrMichaelJames Wrote: Cannot get Gotham to work on the firetv. Fresh install. Loads my library, gets through my movies (locked up once). Now locks up on movies. Attempt to play a movie or tv show and locks up. SPMC still works fine. Using mysql on a NAS for my database (same with SPMC). Thumbnails and art stored across network on a NAS (same with SPMC). Config is the same as SPMC it just locks up. I'll sit back on Gotham until the hiccups are sorted out.

(...)

In the log. I can force quit xbmc and relaunch it and refresh again and it works for awhile, but if I try to update the library too many times in a row it logs the above. If it locks up only the menus work, i can't play anything and have to force quit it. Right now I have everything up to date.

I had exactly the same issue with all versions of Gotham since 27/04/2014 (I did not try earlier versions). I tried multiple times, wiping out the application data and dropping the SQL databases (on Synology MariaDB) everytime.

In my case, I think it is a bug related to accessing NFS paths on Synology NAS. It is not specific to the Android builds; the same issue exists with Windows build.

I was previously using Gotham on OpenElec, using the same NFS paths, and had no problem. With the recent builds on the FireTV however, NFS access failed, and I had to add quite a lot of permissions to make it work. Unfortunately, once that was solved, content scanning seems to hang randomly.

The solution is to switch to SMB instead. I know NFS is a bit faster, but to be honest, I have not noticed any difference.

Hey thanks for the info, I'll read up on how to make it work with SMB instead. Probably also why if I browse NFS on my nas the server shows up right away but then getting the listing of shares on the servers takes forever.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - kamla - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-06, 00:41)who.is.matt Wrote: Hey guys... Here's an update on the status of my launcher app.

I submitted it to the Amazon App Store yesterday. I got an email today asking me to make a minor change to conform to Amazon's trademark policy. (Turns out if you even mention Amazon or any of its devices or services you have to put in a disclaimer saying that the app wasn't developed by Amazon. I somehow managed to overlook that one sentence on that one page of the dozen or so dealing with requirements and terms for submitting apps.) That issue is hopefully now resolved. I don't foresee any other obstacles in the app getting approved. Not that I saw that one coming, either, but... There's really not much else about the app they could object to.

Also, for any fellow Ouya users out there, I added Ouya support so that it will appear in the Ouya's Play menu. You now have three options for running XBMC on the Ouya without going to the Make menu: the unofficial XBMC For Ouya (missing DTS and AC3 support), Koying's SPMC (which is excellent, but based on Frodo), or using my XBMC For Fire TV launcher with XBMC Gotham (at least as long as you don't mind using something clearly designed for a different device on the Ouya).

Thax for your hard work..
hopefully its gets in the app store..

what does the Icon look like?

---- never mind saw your other post.. Smile thax again

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - haikuginger - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-06, 14:52)herds Wrote: Question:

Multiple USB.

I was wondering, if one would want to use a k400 keyboard and a 360 wireless pad would that work with a usb hub on the firetv?

My thought is that while it might or might not work on software level, you'd probably need a powered hub, not just a regular one.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - herds - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-06, 17:08)haikuginger Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 14:52)herds Wrote: Question:

Multiple USB.

My thought is that while it might or might not work on software level, you'd probably need a powered hub, not just a regular one.

Just saw from stack overflow someone said they had a keyboard, mouse and pad working and that was using a unpowered hub.

neat.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jocala - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-06, 08:58)LRa Wrote: Quick question, if I connect a storage device via NAS, can I copy files from it to the internal storage via xbmc?

Yes, using xbmc's file manager.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - LRa - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-06, 17:56)jocala Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 08:58)LRa Wrote: Quick question, if I connect a storage device via NAS, can I copy files from it to the internal storage via xbmc?

Nice. So I can copy files at home and take the Fire for a vacation and use it anywhere without internet?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jocala - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-06, 18:03)LRa Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 17:56)jocala Wrote:

Nice. So I can copy files at home and take the Fire for a vacation and use it anywhere without internet?

Yes, but your free space will be a big constraint. You'll have less than 4gb since the firetv does not yet support external storage.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - navigates - 2014-05-06

Can someone help with this answer. This thread is becoming too long and lots of separate conversations.

How can I get Llama to work on standby. I installed it yesterday and deleted some profiles and it looks like now the firetv wont go on standby. Is there a way to import the profile given in the suggestion above.

Essentially. I want the box to startup xbmc on boot which autopilot can do very well but upon 10 minutes of idle it should quit xbmc or put it to sleep.

Is there a solution. I believe the llama solution above was good but I couldn't get the profiles to upload.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jdtimmons - 2014-05-06

Yes you can. .. I'm using an unpowered hub and have the flirc and a logitech USB receiver plugged into it... Both work fine. ..

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - cstark27 - 2014-05-06

The FireTV will not sleep when a video is paused in any app or when XBMC is open. You need to set XBMC to shutdown after a period of time and make sure you have FireTV's screensaver on. My box has been sleeping fine and I use the more aggressive Llama profile from the Wiki. I also added the other one that was suggested in this thread.

For me, I have XBMC quit after 120min, and FireTV's screensaver is set to 5min. I tested it with XBMC set to quit after 5 minutes and saw the screensaver pop up right after XBMC closed out, which after about 30 minutes of the screensaver showing, the FireTV goes to sleep.

(2014-05-06, 19:10)cstark27 Wrote: The FireTV will not sleep when a video is paused in any app or when XBMC is open. You need to set XBMC to shutdown after a period of time and make sure you have FireTV's screensaver on. My box has been sleeping fine and I use the more aggressive Llama profile from the Wiki. I also added the other one that was suggested in this thread.

For me, I have XBMC quit after 120min, and FireTV's screensaver is set to 5min. I tested it with XBMC set to quit after 5 minutes and saw the screensaver pop up right after XBMC closed out, which after about 30 minutes of the screensaver showing, the FireTV goes to sleep.

can you help as how should I import the llama profile on the firetv? Is there a cut paste? Can you paste your profile?
I believe we need to install the enb version of llama ?

Is there a way to clear out all llama profiles or is that required. I have a bunch of default profiles in there?

PS: I believe I messed up my llama profiles yesterday. I tried deleting a bunch of events and now the box does not show the screen saver or sleeps. I plan to do a factory reset tonight and install xbmc again from scratch and try out llama. but I just couldn't figure out how to put the profile in.

really appreciate your help

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - cncb - 2014-05-06

Has there been any progress on the MPEG-2 deinterlacing issues?

On a separate version of llama there is import event through usb. I cannot get that to work?