Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - smoothj - 2014-05-16

Trying to watch movie on AFTV and keep gettin a green screen? Any reason why? Can hear, but no pic!

Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - esso1980 - 2014-05-16

Are you running gotham latest? And have you tried disabling mediacore

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - smoothj - 2014-05-16

where do i do that?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - ahoslc - 2014-05-16

(2014-05-16, 01:13)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-05-16, 00:30)ahoslc Wrote: So I have all my movies stored on a SMB share since I have like 600 movies the ART takes up a ton of space on the small FireTV. All movies are in there own folder with the folder.jpg. Can someone help me create a advanced settings.xml I think so all art work just points to SMB share and not stored on the box.

Modify your advancedsettings.xml to save your thumbails to NAS. See this post for my advancedsettings.xml. It works perfectly and saves me a ton of space.

Thanks what does the cache buffer size do you have set there?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - underworld123 - 2014-05-16

(2014-05-16, 02:41)ahoslc Wrote:
(2014-05-16, 01:13)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-05-16, 00:30)ahoslc Wrote: So I have all my movies stored on a SMB share since I have like 600 movies the ART takes up a ton of space on the small FireTV. All movies are in there own folder with the folder.jpg. Can someone help me create a advanced settings.xml I think so all art work just points to SMB share and not stored on the box.

Modify your advancedsettings.xml to save your thumbails to NAS. See this post for my advancedsettings.xml. It works perfectly and saves me a ton of space.

Thanks what does the cache buffer size do you have set there?

It modifies the video cache. I am not on a wired connection and increasing video cache helps for HD streaming videos.

Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - esso1980 - 2014-05-16

Under video acceleration

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - AiRTiMe34 - 2014-05-16

I'm having a problem with Gotham on 3 FireTVs. If I pause a movie, do what I gotta do and come back, then press play, the audio continues but the picture does not. It freezes for a few seconds then it will stutter at like 4fps for 10+ seconds then it will move at normal speed for a bit then freeze again all the while the audio keeps playing at normal speed and is way ahead of the video. It only gets worse if I try to pause it again. The timer also shows 00:00:00 when it does this. If I leave it eventually the movie crashes back to the menu. If i try to rewind or fast forward it always just goes back to 00:00:00 and starts the movie from the beginning. It seems to happen with all my rips I throw at it (TV shows & Movies). I've got multiple containers I've tried, it seems to do it with all of them. I've moved the shares from SMB to NFS, I've moved them to a different computer share. Also tried with every combination of mediacodec and libstage.
It never happen with Ouya Frodo or SPMC Frodo. I've got a lot of young ones running around my house so I pause a lot and it gets very frustrating.

Here's a log, hopefully someone can figure this out. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=202528

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - LRa - 2014-05-16

Hello,
I'm having some problem with certain videos. In both 13 final and 13.1 I got videos that crash xbmc.

Is this common with he FTV?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Animal - 2014-05-16

(2014-05-16, 17:53)LRa Wrote: Hello,
I'm having some problem with certain videos. In both 13 final and 13.1 I got videos that crash xbmc.

What format are the vidoes in? Problems in streaming or from a NAS ?

What video acceleration do you have the FTV set at ?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Apothis - 2014-05-16

No, you'll need to provide more info/logs. I dont have any videos that cause a crash.

(2014-05-16, 17:56)Animal Wrote:

What format are the vidoes in? Problems in streaming or from a NAS ?

What video acceleration do you have the FTV set at ?

It's from NAS. I'm using hardware accelerated with both libstagefright and mediacodec enabled. The videos hat cause problems are 720p h264 AAC.

P.s. Disabling mediacodec stops xbmc from crashing, but the video still won't play right. I hear the first 2 seconds of the video(i.e. Only audio) and then it stops(the screen shows he gui all the time without actually entering he full screen, I'm still in files view, but instead of the blue confluence background, the bg changes to dark grey until I actually stop the video)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Animal - 2014-05-16

Have you tried different acceleration settings ? I've been playing and currently have mine as software with multi selected.

I don't normally have mediacodec enabled if I have hardware acceleration selected.

Always had Gotham (Beta's RC etc) on it with no problems and stopped at 13.0, never bothered with 13.1

Yeah. Software with/without multi some times crashes and sometimes gives me only audio for the first few seconds of the video.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - syk69 - 2014-05-16

(2014-05-16, 07:39)AiRTiMe34 Wrote: I'm having a problem with Gotham on 3 FireTVs. If I pause a movie, do what I gotta do and come back, then press play, the audio continues but the picture does not. It freezes for a few seconds then it will stutter at like 4fps for 10+ seconds then it will move at normal speed for a bit then freeze again all the while the audio keeps playing at normal speed and is way ahead of the video. It only gets worse if I try to pause it again. The timer also shows 00:00:00 when it does this. If I leave it eventually the movie crashes back to the menu. If i try to rewind or fast forward it always just goes back to 00:00:00 and starts the movie from the beginning. It seems to happen with all my rips I throw at it (TV shows & Movies). I've got multiple containers I've tried, it seems to do it with all of them. I've moved the shares from SMB to NFS, I've moved them to a different computer share. Also tried with every combination of mediacodec and libstage.
It never happen with Ouya Frodo or SPMC Frodo. I've got a lot of young ones running around my house so I pause a lot and it gets very frustrating.

Here's a log, hopefully someone can figure this out. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=202528

Same issue here. When pausing picture freezes but audio keeps going and if I FF it goes to beginning of movie. Don't remember this happening on previous nightlies of Gotham. On latest now.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - mjbxx - 2014-05-16

How do you access picture files on the Fire TV for changing background images? The device is not recognizing my picture folder share through SMB. All I see are BROWSE FOR IMAGE options being EXTERNAL STORAGE and ROOT FILE SYSTEM. There has to be a way to do this and I am hoping the forum can help me understand how to.