Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - badnaam - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-21, 04:29)thefrog Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 02:36)badnaam Wrote: [snip]
I couldn't upload the logs because I can't enter my email address in the log uploader add on (the onscreen keyboard does not work with the fire remote).
[snip]
Link will help you get your Bluetooth remote that came with fire tv to work the on screen keyboard

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV#Bluetooth_remote

Thanks!

I have uploaded the logs here.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=206478

The logs should show, me trying to play 3 movies, all of which showed up as either "Dolby Digital 5.1" or "DTS 5.1" and they play with a loud static.

Thanks for your help!

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - nickr - 2014-05-21

I am pretty sure that you should set 'number of channels' to 2.0. Certainly not 3.1.

Reason: s/pdif (the technical term for 'optical') carries a maximum of 2.0 pcm channels. Multichannel formats are carried as compressed streams - either AC3 (ie Dolby Digital) or DTS. But the compressed formats are carried within the 2.0 PCM channels - if that makes sense.

So try 2.0, or try 5.1.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Tinwarble - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-21, 05:28)badnaam Wrote: Thanks!

I have uploaded the logs here.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=206478

The logs should show, me trying to play 3 movies, all of which showed up as either "Dolby Digital 5.1" or "DTS 5.1" and they play with a loud static.

Thanks for your help!

Have you tried manually switching the decode mode on your AVR? On my Denon, the AFTV is connected via HDMI and every time I switch inputs on my AVR when I come back to the AFTV I have to manually switch the decode mode on it to DTS then back to Auto. This will allow it to decode DTS/DD, at least until I switch the input on the AVR again.

This seems to be a problem with XBMC and certain AVRs, since I don't have any issues with pass-through on any other device nor playing DD audio in Netflix.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - arman68 - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-21, 03:18)sunrise495 Wrote: Newbie question regarding: Current Gotham Build - Nightlies
What is the difference between a Master and a non Master file load, i.e.

[ ] xbmc-20140520-c69432b-master-armeabi-v7a.apk 20-May-2014 08:07 56M Details
[ ] xbmc-20140518-a6a2713-Gotham-armeabi-v7a.apk 19-May-2014 10:50 56M Details

Which one should I load?

Gotham are the beta builds prior to the next incremental Gotham release (13.1).
Master are the alpha builds for the next major release (14.0 Helix).

I have been using the master alpha releases since the first one, without any problem.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jobespierre - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-21, 04:05)dukester Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 02:51)who.is.matt Wrote:
(2014-05-20, 23:39)ahoslc Wrote: What's weird is when I watch videos from the web streaming they seem fine. I am using wifi but it's literally right next to it.

I've noticed this 250ms delay on both my FTV and Ouya, so I think it's an Android thing. I've gotten so used to it that I don't pay attention to which videos or streams are affected. But I think you might be right that only local has the delay. I don't remember having to change the audio delay for YouTube videos or other streams.

No sync issues with local media here using Gotham 13, pass through to denon avr is working fine. Even tested hdmi to TV and optical pass through from TV to receiver, shows no lag here. I think most sync issues come from audio equipment.

Interesting, so than it would make sense if the people with this problem have this issue? I have an Onkyo SR508 amp connected through HDMI passthrough, What do your have Matt and ahoslc ?

(2014-05-20, 19:17)hdmkv Wrote: AirPlay is spotty. Internet videos fling fine. Locally stored photos and 720p videos also fine. 1080p videos (like those shot with iPhone's camera, 1080p/30) nope... stutter, freeze or crash.

There are a couple of AirPlay apps that can be sideloaded to FTV, but I find their performance no better than via XBMC.

For me , I only got audio so far. Any idea wether 2.4 or 5 ghz wifi networks make a difference in this matter?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - tuxen - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-21, 02:36)badnaam Wrote: <snip>
Here are screenshots
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k295/Kurt_Cob/CAM00467_zpshks1o9sv.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k295/Kurt_Cob/CAM00466_zpsrkkzozw3.jpg
<snip>

Your speakers should be set to 2.0 with any passthrough. (you will still get multi channel)
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Audio_settings

(2014-05-21, 07:54)nickr Wrote: I am pretty sure that you should set 'number of channels' to 2.0. Certainly not 3.1.

Reason: s/pdif (the technical term for 'optical') carries a maximum of 2.0 pcm channels. Multichannel formats are carried as compressed streams - either AC3 (ie Dolby Digital) or DTS. But the compressed formats are carried within the 2.0 PCM channels - if that makes sense.

So try 2.0, or try 5.1.

I tried both 2.0 and 5.1. Same result, loud static.

Interestingly the receiver recognizes the signal as DD or DTS.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - underworld123 - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-21, 19:25)badnaam Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 07:54)nickr Wrote: I am pretty sure that you should set 'number of channels' to 2.0. Certainly not 3.1.

So try 2.0, or try 5.1.

Can you try without the receiver (audio through HDMI to the TV) to rule out the receiver as the source of the problem?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jjhtpc - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-21, 20:36)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 19:25)badnaam Wrote:

So try 2.0, or try 5.1.

Can you try without the receiver (audio through HDMI to the TV) to rule out the receiver as the source of the problem?
Also can you try to use something outside of xbmc. For example can you play a Netflix movie or a TV show off of Amazon?

(2014-05-21, 20:59)jjhtpc Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 20:36)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 19:25)badnaam Wrote: I tried both 2.0 and 5.1. Same result, loud static.

Also can you try to use something outside of xbmc. For example can you play a Netflix movie or a TV show off of Amazon?

Any other DTS or DD feature played from another source (like XBMC from my laptop, with the same optical connection from laptop to receiver), plays just fine. Even movies that don't say DTS, DD and Blu Ray rip in xbmc, play just fine.

I did try connecting directly to the tv and that seems to be fine too.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - alwayzbless - 2014-05-21

Is anyone else noticing that path sub's for music thumbnails are not working in the latest Gotham build w/ the Fire TV? Videos works fine but music intermittently displays the thumbnails (when retrieving from NAS).. Ive dropped the SQL db like 10 times, reinstalled XBMC, verfied permissions on NAS share that holds thumbs and even tried creating a new share but same thing.. Only thing that seems to fix is if I revert to frodo 12.3.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - underworld123 - 2014-05-21

(2014-05-21, 21:50)alwayzbless Wrote: Is anyone else noticing that path sub's for music thumbnails are not working in the latest Gotham build w/ the Fire TV? Videos works fine but music intermittently displays the thumbnails (when retrieving from NAS).. Ive dropped the SQL db like 10 times, reinstalled XBMC, verfied permissions on NAS share that holds thumbs and even tried creating a new share but same thing.. Only thing that seems to fix is if I revert to frodo 12.3.

Pathsubstitution for thumbails is working perfectly for me on the latest Gotham release. If it helps, I am using SMB for thumbnails (never tried NFS).

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - alwayzbless - 2014-05-22

(2014-05-21, 22:48)underworld123 Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 21:50)alwayzbless Wrote: Is anyone else noticing that path sub's for music thumbnails are not working in the latest Gotham build w/ the Fire TV? Videos works fine but music intermittently displays the thumbnails (when retrieving from NAS).. Ive dropped the SQL db like 10 times, reinstalled XBMC, verfied permissions on NAS share that holds thumbs and even tried creating a new share but same thing.. Only thing that seems to fix is if I revert to frodo 12.3.

Pathsubstitution for thumbails is working perfectly for me on the latest Gotham release. If it helps, I am using SMB for thumbnails (never tried NFS).

Weird and you have a SMB music library too? I can see the thumbnail directory creating with all of its sub directories but no pictures will write to the folders... If I change the pathsub to a local directory on my sdcard is works perfect so it appears to only be an issue effecting path subs and network shares. Just curious are doing this using a NAS and if so which type? Im using a Synology so maybe its specific to their devices w/ Gotham builds. Ive tried all the way back to beta 3 and even that gives me problems.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - sunrise495 - 2014-05-22

Newbie question #2 - Alternative keymaps for Fire TV remote

"Cut and paste the following into a new text document and save as keyboard.xml and place in userdata/keymaps/"

How am I dong this from a mac, or pc?

Thanks

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - underworld123 - 2014-05-22

(2014-05-22, 02:50)alwayzbless Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 22:48)underworld123 Wrote:

Weird and you have a SMB music library too? I can see the thumbnail directory creating with all of its sub directories but no pictures will write to the folders... If I change the pathsub to a local directory on my sdcard is works perfect so it appears to only be an issue effecting path subs and network shares. Just curious are doing this using a NAS and if so which type? Im using a Synology so maybe its specific to their devices w/ Gotham builds. Ive tried all the way back to beta 3 and even that gives me problems.

Weird, I am using Synology too and it is working well here.