Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - leedemon - 2014-05-31

Does anyone know of any apps or add-ons that can change the time, stuck with US timings Smile

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - dr.joaomarcelo - 2014-05-31

Timezone changer at Play Store

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - sspectre - 2014-06-01

(2014-05-31, 16:52)batenoy Wrote:
(2014-05-31, 07:08)nickr Wrote: Escape maps to "go to home screen"

Backspace maps to "go up one directory"

Thanks for the reply!
Adding that keyboard.xml was the first time I've messed with keymaps, so I'm more than a little clueless. Smile

So what do I need to change and where do I do it? In that xml file, or harmony settings, or Flirc GUI? I don't see escape in the xml, but that's definitely what's happening and I want it to stop. Smile

Thanks again!

Code:
<key id="61467">Back</key>
is the Escape key. I was using the keymap editor add-on for some of this and that's the code it gave back. Using
Code:
<escape>Back</escape>
should work as well.

The button you wish to use as back should be set to Escape in the Flirc GUI. This will also work as the Fire TV remote's Back button.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - mofofofo - 2014-06-01

I have my Firetv hooked up to a large Dell monitor display and was wondering if there was a way to put the Firetv in a true hibernate mode. Right now when the Firetv goes to sleep, it still prevents my display from sleeping so the backlight remains on. I think this is due to the Firetv always being in standby mode. Is there a way to get my display to sleep when the Firetv goes to sleep? It's quite a nuisance having to go to my display to manually turn it off or having to unplug the Firetv.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - bxpressiv - 2014-06-01

Is anyone else having issues with 'clean library' in the settings? For me it just hangs and after an update of IP addresses it rescraped and I have multiple copies of everything. I want to clean to delete afl the duplicate dead links.

Re: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - nickr - 2014-06-01

Stop changing IP addresses. Use DNS too.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - elmerohueso - 2014-06-01

(2014-05-31, 20:55)leedemon Wrote: Does anyone know of any apps or add-ons that can change the time, stuck with US timings Smile

(2014-05-31, 21:39)dr.joaomarcelo Wrote: Timezone changer at Play Store
The FTV does not have access to the Play Store, and the system is hard-coded to only allow North America time zones (since that's the only place the FTV is currently offered). These things have been covered many times in the forum.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Killer-JoeBR - 2014-06-01

(2014-06-01, 04:34)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-05-31, 21:39)dr.joaomarcelo Wrote: Timezone changer at Play Store
The FTV does not have access to the Play Store, and the system is hard-coded to only allow North America time zones (since that's the only place the FTV is currently offered). These things have been covered many times in the forum.

Ok sorry i typed that on my phone. But what i wanted to say was that you can get the Timezone Changer apk from the play store (in my case, i downloaded to my phone and created a backup apk) and then sideload it to FTV.

I tried it myself and it works. (Brazil TimeZone)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - derrickrozay - 2014-06-01

Hello a user was able to get the home button on the fire tv remote to launch xbmc I believe he used llama. He did something like modify the true settings. I cant find the post anymore does anybody know how I would do this? And no this wasnt the same as setting up flixter to launch xbmc he was able to do it by pressing the home button.

Thanks

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - gixxer - 2014-06-01

(2014-04-02, 17:27)ktrdsl23 Wrote: Current Frodo reasonably stable builds:
SPMC 12.4.2 - Frodo 12.3 - Supports DTS and AC3 Passthrough

Hello,

Has anyone tried Koying's Gothem 13.1 rc1 apk?

xbmc-20140527-b0c75d6-ouya-gotham-armeabi-v7a.apk

I posted in xda developers and ouya forums but wasn't sure if anyone in xbmc forum has tried above apk to confirm if anyone has success with dts and ac3 passthrough?

The Frodo SPMC 12.4.2 works great (thanks Koying) and verified dts and ac3 passthrough support.

The posts elsewhere brought me here asking if the above apk was tried by anyone to see if it (i.e. 13.1 rc1 Gothem on Fire TV) does allow passthrough support as the spmc 12.4.2 does.

Thanks much.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jtr2006 - 2014-06-01

(2014-06-01, 09:10)derrickrozay Wrote: Hello a user was able to get the home button on the fire tv remote to launch xbmc I believe he used llama. He did something like modify the true settings. I cant find the post anymore does anybody know how I would do this? And no this wasnt the same as setting up flixter to launch xbmc he was able to do it by pressing the home button.

Thanks

I think you are looking for the "Semi-Bypass" outlined in section 3.1 of the Wiki. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV

I've used the method and it works. But IMO having XBMC as an icon is a lot more practical than using the home button to activate it. To each their own. Wink

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Apothis - 2014-06-01

(2014-06-01, 11:28)gixxer Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 17:27)ktrdsl23 Wrote: Current Frodo reasonably stable builds:
SPMC 12.4.2 - Frodo 12.3 - Supports DTS and AC3 Passthrough

Hello,

Has anyone tried Koying's Gothem 13.1 rc1 apk?

xbmc-20140527-b0c75d6-ouya-gotham-armeabi-v7a.apk

I posted in xda developers and ouya forums but wasn't sure if anyone in xbmc forum has tried above apk to confirm if anyone has success with dts and ac3 passthrough?

The Frodo SPMC 12.4.2 works great (thanks Koying) and verified dts and ac3 passthrough support.

The posts elsewhere brought me here asking if the above apk was tried by anyone to see if it (i.e. 13.1 rc1 Gothem on Fire TV) does allow passthrough support as the spmc 12.4.2 does.

Thanks much.

The standard Gotham builds for arm android work just fine with DTS/AC3 passthrough, no need to use any special build

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - papampi - 2014-06-01

Question ...

Are you Fire TV owners happy with your purchase for XBMC on fire ?

or you wouldnt buy it again ?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - ukyank - 2014-06-01

(2014-06-01, 16:35)papampi Wrote: Question ...

More then happy with mine

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Apothis - 2014-06-01

(2014-06-01, 16:35)papampi Wrote: Question ...

If you get it whilst understanding XBMC's limitations on Android, then its excellent.

And just to clarify, I meant limitations with Android/FireTV which affect XBMC, rather than limitations with XBMC itself Smile