Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - eracknaphobia - 2014-04-04

(2014-04-04, 21:53)Koying Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 21:38)thess Wrote: PMing you new log in a minute with "o" on.
Thanks, but I'd need a video to both see the output of "o" and the actual jitter, if possible Wink

[EDIT]
To make myself clearer, when I say video, I mean a video of XBMC playing the file...

Here's a quick video testing HD playback. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnoIAq1OxAU

I'm testing play back of an NHL gamecenter game that runs at 720p 30fps.

Sorry about the quality, I'm at work so i'm using an hdmi to dvi connection so i can use a monitor at my desk.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - daweeze02 - 2014-04-04

(2014-04-04, 22:01)eracknaphobia Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 21:53)Koying Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 21:38)thess Wrote: PMing you new log in a minute with "o" on.
Thanks, but I'd need a video to both see the output of "o" and the actual jitter, if possible Wink

[EDIT]
To make myself clearer, when I say video, I mean a video of XBMC playing the file...

Here's a quick video testing HD playback. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnoIAq1OxAU

I'm testing play back of an NHL gamecenter game that runs at 720p 30fps.

Sorry about the quality, I'm at work so i'm using an hdmi to dvi connection so i can use a monitor at my desk.

now that's dedication!!

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - rthunder27 - 2014-04-04

(2014-04-04, 21:36)zod1976 Wrote:
Quote:zod1976, this is really exciting news to me, thanks for testing. Can you confirm that you were watching 1080i channels?

I'm watching NBC right now in 1080i. No stuttering that I can see.

Awesome, it looks like this is the xbmc box that I hoped the Ouya would be; I'm ordering one of these now. Pretty easy decision really, since even if I do decide for something more hardcore/dedicated like a NUC I will always have some use for such gf/mom friendly box.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - RGB_Gamer - 2014-04-04

Slightly off topic, but has anyone tried any gaming with this thing? I wonder if the sixaxis app works so I could use ps3 game pads...

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - zod1976 - 2014-04-04

I haven't had a chance to fully explore the Fire TV and all of it's features yet, but I'm already 99% sure it's going to be the single box that finally suits all of my needs. The idea of switching between XBMC (with live TV support) and Android apps seamlessly from a single device sounds like a good deal to me! I'm going to order a second one and finally replace my 2 Raspberry Pis. (The Pis play all videos fine, but the interface and menus are extremely slow...and both of mine tend to freeze every few weeks.)

I've started trying a few of the non-XBMC features...

HD from Netflix works and looks great.
Frozen in HD from my Amazon Prime library works and looks great.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - haikuginger - 2014-04-04

I'm really excited about this device. If someone can confirm support for bitstreaming HD audio over HDMI, and bitstreaming DD/DTS over optical, then this is the one.

I've been telling people for years that there's no good way to have everything on one device. I will be thrilled to no longer be able to say that.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - bigbobyo - 2014-04-04

(2014-04-04, 20:28)daweeze02 Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 20:11)jus2sho Wrote: What keyboards is everyone using?

From xda

Plugged in a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard/touchpad. alpha keys work for text entry, and arrow keys navigate. Oddly, double tap on the touch pad zooms out in netflix app... dunno the purpose of that function.

Another guy said this one he has works

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B9996LA/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just got my Fire TV about an hour ago and can confirm that my Moga controller actually works with it.

Another guy said this

I have sideloaded the following APKs so far and they work

Firefox
Remote. Media Center TV
ES File Explorer
MX Player
AirReceiver
HBO GO

What I tried but did not work
Chrome (force closes)
Dolphins (error during install)
UC Browser (orientation issues)
Avia (force closes)
Stock GS4 Browser (error during install "NO SHARED FOLDER")
XBMC Gothem beta 3(loads but when video comes on I get a green screen with sound only)

I got the APKs from backups using Titanium Back Up on my GS4.
I used the adb method on Amazon website to install.

Hey when you airplay using AirReceiver app does it give you a option to play the video in MX Player?

(2014-04-04, 22:49)bigbobyo Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 20:28)daweeze02 Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 20:11)jus2sho Wrote: What keyboards is everyone using?

From xda

Plugged in a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard/touchpad. alpha keys work for text entry, and arrow keys navigate. Oddly, double tap on the touch pad zooms out in netflix app... dunno the purpose of that function.

Another guy said this one he has works

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B9996LA/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just got my Fire TV about an hour ago and can confirm that my Moga controller actually works with it.

Another guy said this

I have sideloaded the following APKs so far and they work

Firefox
Remote. Media Center TV
ES File Explorer
MX Player
AirReceiver
HBO GO

What I tried but did not work
Chrome (force closes)
Dolphins (error during install)
UC Browser (orientation issues)
Avia (force closes)
Stock GS4 Browser (error during install "NO SHARED FOLDER")
XBMC Gothem beta 3(loads but when video comes on I get a green screen with sound only)

I got the APKs from backups using Titanium Back Up on my GS4.
I used the adb method on Amazon website to install.

Hey when you airplay using AirReceiver app does it give you a option to play the video in MX Player?

I don't know, I pulled that from another thread over at XDA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=51646080

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - timmy! - 2014-04-04

Has anyone tried Dropbox? If it works, can't you just pull all the apk files down from Dropbox?

(2014-04-04, 22:56)timmy! Wrote: Has anyone tried Dropbox? If it works, can't you just pull all the apk files down from Dropbox?

I'm going to try that when I get home but I don't have a keyboard so I won't be able to login lol

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - hobbs2k14 - 2014-04-04

XBMC Gothem beta 3(loads but when video comes on I get a green screen with sound only):

I had this same thing happen to me with the Kindle Fire HDX. In the settings section there is a setting about hardware acceleration. I unchecked it and the green went away and my video play fine. That same thing could apply here.

Hobbs you're about 20 pages late Wink

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - elmerohueso - 2014-04-04

(2014-04-04, 22:56)timmy! Wrote: Has anyone tried Dropbox? If it works, can't you just pull all the apk files down from Dropbox?

Like, for installing apps directly from the FireTV? I've pushed several APKs to mine, then launch them from ES Explorer, but it says installing from Unknown Sources is blocked (and I can't find a setting to unblock them). That's likely why Amazon's dev page says to do all installs over ADB.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Rhino89 - 2014-04-04

For those of you who have successfully gotten xbmc onto firetv and were able to run add-ons successfully, would it be possible for someone to put together a how-to video or step by step list for those of us who are still new to all this? I have used xbmc on ATV2 for a while now, but I have no idea how to do any of the android apk, eclipse, sideloading, and other terms that are discussed here. I'm sure I'm not the only one, a guide for newbies would be greatly appreciated!

(Example: when I loaded xbmc onto my atv2, I watched a YouTube video where the guy just went through step by step of what programs he opened, what he typed, and I just paused it and followed along).

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - tential - 2014-04-04

(2014-04-04, 23:21)Rhino89 Wrote: For those of you who have successfully gotten xbmc onto firetv and were able to run add-ons successfully, would it be possible for someone to put together a how-to video or step by step list for those of us who are still new to all this? I have used xbmc on ATV2 for a while now, but I have no idea how to do any of the android apk, eclipse, sideloading, and other terms that are discussed here. I'm sure I'm not the only one, a guide for newbies would be greatly appreciated!

(Example: when I loaded xbmc onto my atv2, I watched a YouTube video where the guy just went through step by step of what programs he opened, what he typed, and I just paused it and followed along).

There are written instructions mentioned multiple times in this thread.

This YouTube generation has ruined people being able to do basic things on their PC now. I can't find written instructions for so many things and have to "watch a video" that is 5-10 minutes long for instructions that could take me 30 seconds to read and start doing.

Sorry, small rant against Youtube generation and how it's completely screwed up written instructions online. Too many people making youtube videos to promote their stupid channels rather than to actually help people. Can be very very frustrating.