Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - josefwells - 2014-06-08

(2014-06-08, 09:38)CuriousG Wrote: [quote='josefwells' pid='1729573' dateline='1402201603'

2) If I use XBMC then exit (home button, or launch KFTV from programs) netflix and prime videos don't work.. I have to reboot the device (hold down select and play/pause for 5 seconds), then everything comes up. I think cleaning cache of xbmc/netflix/kftv may have fixed it once, but that is a lot to ask of other family members.

Any ideas?

How about you exit the program properly by using Quit or the power button icon? When you use the home button XBMC is still running in the background which is why if you run the program again through applications, it resumes from where you hit the home button. Is that so much to ask to properly shut it down?
[/quote]

Thatvis reasonable, but llama just takes me back when xbmc exits, since the piggy back program (watchespn) is still running, llama restarts xbmc.. I guess I need to make a more complicated llama setup.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - CuriousG - 2014-06-08

As it has been reported, Classic TV works fine with llama. So unless you setup the ESPN program wrong, it may just be a matter of that particular program not playing nicely. When I launch from Classic TV, I can exit XBMC from quit or power icon just fine and goes right back from where I launched the program.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jtr2006 - 2014-06-08

@josefwells: I've experimented with a number of programs to piggy back and launch XBMC using Llama. The only one that seems to start and stop XBMC cleanly (95% of the time) is Classic TV. Horrible icon, but it gets the job done.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - mjbxx - 2014-06-08

I am currently using the Amazon Fireplace as the sacrificial app and it loops around when I hit Quit. I use the Fire TV Home button to exit XBMC. The light on the Fire TV goes out after 30 minutes of non use indicating it is in sleep mode. Am I missing something in that XBMC is still running in the background when the Fire TV is in sleep mode?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - davidc502 - 2014-06-08

(2014-06-08, 20:07)mjbxx Wrote: I am currently using the Amazon Fireplace as the sacrificial app and it loops around when I hit Quit. I use the Fire TV Home button to exit XBMC. The light on the Fire TV goes out after 30 minutes of non use indicating it is in sleep mode. Am I missing something in that XBMC is still running in the background when the Fire TV is in sleep mode?

When I'm finished with XBMC, I usually clear the cache and stop it from running (shut it down), before hitting the home button.

I've noticed if XBMC continues to run in the background, it can cause funny little things to happen to FTV whilst using other applications Smile

David

(2014-06-08, 21:12)davidc502 Wrote:
(2014-06-08, 20:07)mjbxx Wrote: I am currently using the Amazon Fireplace as the sacrificial app and it loops around when I hit Quit. I use the Fire TV Home button to exit XBMC. The light on the Fire TV goes out after 30 minutes of non use indicating it is in sleep mode. Am I missing something in that XBMC is still running in the background when the Fire TV is in sleep mode?

When I'm finished with XBMC, I usually clear the cache and stop it from running (shut it down), before hitting the home button.

I've noticed if XBMC continues to run in the background, it can cause funny little things to happen to FTV whilst using other applications Smile

David
What type of funny things can happen? I've not experienced any issues as of yet. I'll use the Classic TV app if I do encounter any disruptions in the operation of the Fire TV. I really dislike the look of the Classic TV logo, especially that ugly blue color. Rather not have to look at it at all.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - CuriousG - 2014-06-08

(2014-06-08, 21:24)mjbxx Wrote:

David
What type of funny things can happen? I've not experienced any issues as of yet. I'll use the Classic TV app if I do encounter any disruptions in the operation of the Fire TV. I really dislike the look of the Classic TV logo, especially that ugly blue color. Rather not have to look at it at all.

You're welcome to scroll all the way down to settings, scroll all the way to applications, scroll all the way to XBMC (one of the last icons on the list) just so you don't have to look at an "ugly" icon.

(2014-06-08, 21:31)CuriousG Wrote:
(2014-06-08, 21:12)davidc502 Wrote: When I'm finished with XBMC, I usually clear the cache and stop it from running (shut it down), before hitting the home button.

David

You're welcome to scroll all the way down to settings, scroll all the way to applications, scroll all the way to XBMC (one of the last icons on the list) just so you don't have to look at an "ugly" icon.
Well that certainly does not answer my question. What are the funny things that will happen if I stay as is.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - davidc502 - 2014-06-08

What I've experience specifically, is dealing with audio. The audio will have a very thin "tin" sound, and there's nothing I can do to fix it unless I unplug the FTV and turn it back on. If I remember to shut down XBMC, I never have the issue, so I know it's XBMC.

It's not a show stopper as long as I remember to force a stop.

David

Amazon Fire TV - WMC / Server WMC - tolax - 2014-06-09

Anyone had any joy with the Amazon FTV and Windows Media Center / Server WMC for LiveTV.

I have a couple of ION based boxes running OpenElec 4.0.4 and they can display LiveTV and change channels without issue. The FTV running Gotham 13.1 (download from Wiki) has multiple crashing issues. Seems that when you change channel you will more often that not exit back to the Amazon Home Page. I suspect it is when the signal changes (720/1080i) but I will verify that when I get some more time to play/grab logs.

Just wondered if anyone else was seeing this or whether anyone knew a more stable build with the FTV for LiveTV? At the $100 price point with Pandora and NetFlix it could be a perfect 'bedroom' unit.

Thanks

Tolax

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - exit - 2014-06-09

So is anyone here not having audio sync issues when streaming local content? I've been searching this forum and others to see if there's a solution other than adjusting the audio offset and setting a default that covers most of my local media. I have other videos where I have to make further adjustments.

I would love to find another solution for this. The Fire TV XBMC experience is far superior to the Apple TV in every way except for the sync issues. Is this really a common issue with Android installs, as I've read in other threads?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Kurto2021 - 2014-06-09

I am by no means an android or XBMC expert but when I experience the issue where XBMC was not closed properly is there a way to reboot the device from the remote or an android app I can sideload to reboot it?

Asking me to get up and walk the 8 feet to the device is absurd.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - exit - 2014-06-09

(2014-06-09, 01:11)Kurto2021 Wrote: I am by no means an android or XBMC expert but when I experience the issue where XBMC was not closed properly is there a way to reboot the device from the remote or an android app I can sideload to reboot it?

You can reboot it by holding down the play/pause and the select (the middle of the ring) buttons.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Tinwarble - 2014-06-09

(2014-06-09, 01:11)Kurto2021 Wrote: I am by no means an android or XBMC expert but when I experience the issue where XBMC was not closed properly is there a way to reboot the device from the remote or an android app I can sideload to reboot it?

Press and hold the Play/Pause button and the Select button until it says rebooting on the screen.

This is covered in the wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV#Bluetooth_remote

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jocala - 2014-06-09

(2014-06-09, 00:59)exit Wrote: So is anyone here not having audio sync issues when streaming local content?

I don't have issues with audio.