Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - earlgrey_44 - 2014-06-27

XBMC runs as an app on unrooted FTV so updates should have no effect. This weeks update had no effect on me.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Tinwarble - 2014-06-27

(2014-06-27, 21:20)derrickrozay Wrote: Will amazon updates delete XBMC and all my xbmc settings? Anyway to disable them?

No, updating will not affect XBMC, the only thing it affects (at least for the current update) is if you rooted the box you will have to re-root.

To block updates: http://www.firetvnews.com/how-to-block-ota-update-for-amazon-fire-tv-and-keep-root-access/

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - hmagoo - 2014-06-27

(2014-06-27, 17:06)tom_nuke Wrote:
(2014-06-27, 03:14)hmagoo Wrote: xbmc gotham 13.1 release - I have been trying to eliminate choppy playback with xvid encoded files. (jitter stutter whatever is the appropriate term ) The file I am looking at is not using packed bitstream and does not matter whether it is in avi or mkv container. A good measure of this symptom is the opening studio logos or scenes which have panning or gliding objects. Divx encoded files do not seem to have this problem.

If you have hardware acceleration applied, go into settings, video settings, acceleration, disable libstagefright, disable mediacodec, and try and see if that works, otherwise choose software acceleration without choosing multi-threaded decoding.

the key to get this to work is to not have libstagefright or medicodec applied in hardware decoding. If you have to, then apply software decoding without multi-threaded decoding. It might take a reboot for this to work, or simply play a file with hardware decoding and then choose the above settings.

Let me know if that works for you. This also works on the xbmc for ouya application.

I am also noticing lagging or choppy playback on xvid encoded files. I will try this when I get home.

My library is a mix of xvid / mpeg2 DVD rips / h264 rips. Will turning off hardware acceleration affect playback, specifically for 1080p h264 content?

after turning off hardware acceleration you will need to re-enable it when playing anything larger than 720p.

I was looking at advancesettings.xml options to see if I could disable hardware for xvid only but I don't see that option, and trying to enable it only for avc, etc did not work. If I could figure out a way to play said files with xbmc for ouya automatically from gotham then I would do that launching xbmc for ouya from playercorefactory.xml but the only way I can get external players to work is if I mount a local folder as a samba share and that has further problems.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - c0mm0n - 2014-06-27

Nice XBMC Mod for FTV : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2790392

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Supernaan - 2014-06-27

Is this coming to the UK soon? Was going to get a Minix but would much rather have this if we can get it in the UK and install XBMC on it.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Supernaan - 2014-06-27

Is this coming to the UK soon? Was going to get a Minix but would much rather have this if we can get it in the UK and install XBMC on it.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - c0mm0n - 2014-06-27

Got mine for 105€ shipped 5 days on ebay. U can get it as low as 85€ if you take the cheapest shipping.

Europe price will be 99€ I assume

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - segma98 - 2014-06-28

(2014-06-26, 07:44)elmerohueso Wrote: If anyone's interested, my new Android Power Options screensaver can automatically put the FTV to sleep (as long as it's rooted).

can you tell us the steps to do this? im a beginner so quick notes to push zip and such will not be enough for me lol

thanks

edit:
figured it out..i copied the file using es explorer to a folder i know and installed it from there

when i used adbfire push, i couldnt locate it

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - RayGannon - 2014-06-28

(2014-06-27, 00:51)jocala Wrote:
(2014-06-27, 00:15)cdkao Wrote:
(2014-06-06, 19:30)jocala Wrote: adbFire is a companion program for Android XBMC, (Gotham only). It allows you to sideload XBMC (and other apps) and push files to XBMC subdirectories without the hassle of downloading the Android SDK and other tools. Everything you need is built into adbFire.

Download here

I tested this d/l on a non-dev win7 machine, it installed and ran fine. Thanks for helping me test this.

Link is nothing but a virus site. Don't go there.

You're probably using the Chrome web browser which is reporting false positives for devhost. It's not a virus site, I've used it for years. That said, I'm looking at a different host.

I downloaded using firefox and got quite a few warnings from my antivirus app, NOD32. It was complaining about files other than your app so I assumed the malware was in ads. As another member suggested, I seemed to be getting warnings every time I moved the mouse but it was probably just every time I rolled over a link or image.

Regardless the app downloaded and installed just fine. It was a breeze to load XBMC on my FireTV with it. Thanks for your hard work.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jocala - 2014-06-28

(2014-06-28, 04:57)RayGannon Wrote:
(2014-06-27, 00:51)jocala Wrote:
(2014-06-27, 00:15)cdkao Wrote: Link is nothing but a virus site. Don't go there.

You're probably using the Chrome web browser which is reporting false positives for devhost. It's not a virus site, I've used it for years. That said, I'm looking at a different host.

I downloaded using firefox and got quite a few warnings from my antivirus app, NOD32. It was complaining about files other than your app so I assumed the malware was in ads. As another member suggested, I seemed to be getting warnings every time I moved the mouse but it was probably just every time I rolled over a link or image.

Regardless the app downloaded and installed just fine. It was a breeze to load XBMC on my FireTV with it. Thanks for your hard work.

Thanks for the feedback Smile

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - roninmedia - 2014-06-28

Is there an easy way to get my XBMC back-up from my current device to the Fire? I'm assuming since the USB does not support local storage, the best option would be through dtopbox?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - z31fanatic - 2014-06-28

If you root the FTV, you can have usb external storage.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - underworld123 - 2014-06-28

htpcforall posted a nifty way to take screenshot on the FTV

Code:
adb shell screencap -p /sdcard/screen.png

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - derrickrozay - 2014-06-28

Hi can somebody tell me how to map long press when I hold down the select button...I just need to know the command to type into the keyboard.xml file I know how to do everything else

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jocala - 2014-06-29

adbFire is a companion program for Android XBMC, (13.X Gotham and later only). It allows you to install XBMC and other apps to your Android device without the hassle of downloading the Android SDK.

Additionally, it allows you to copy files to and from XBMC, backup and restore XBMC's data, root the Amazon Fire TV (51.1.1.0 or earlier) and more.

adbFire has been successfully tested on Samsung cell phones and tablets and the Amazon Fire TV.

Beta 3 is now available at http://jocala.com/adbfire.html

adbFire Beta 3 changelog

adb shell for Windows and OS X

SQLite functionality

adbfiles directory standardized for
Windows and OS X

Filepaths and device are remembered from
previous runs

APK Uninstall can now retain data (-k)

Fire TV Remote xml files included

Autoconnect to last successful device connection

Backup and Restore of XBMC