Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Colbane - 2014-07-18

(2014-07-18, 20:14)hdmkv Wrote: Need VC-1 support and HD audio, go Chromebox. Can live without those two and want Netflix, Amazon Prime and/or games, go FTV.

Awesome. That's what I needed to know. Going AFTV then. Smile Do I need to purchase a separate remote for use with XBMC or does the remote included work with it?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - gizbug - 2014-07-19

Now that I have my launcher automatically loading when I turn on my Fire TV, (it goes right to XBMC) is there a way to get back to the amazon home? I need to reconfigure my wireless network.....

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - hdmkv - 2014-07-19

(2014-07-18, 21:05)Colbane Wrote:
(2014-07-18, 20:14)hdmkv Wrote: Need VC-1 support and HD audio, go Chromebox. Can live without those two and want Netflix, Amazon Prime and/or games, go FTV.

Awesome. That's what I needed to know. Going AFTV then. Smile Do I need to purchase a separate remote for use with XBMC or does the remote included work with it?
No separate remote needed. After you install XBMC, let it run once, then quit and push keymap #3.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jfrasure - 2014-07-19

Where is this generated? "B004Y1WCDE"

127|root@android:/storage/sdcard0/.imagecache/com.amazon.venezia/com.plexapp.android # ls -la
drwxrwxr-x root sdcard_rw 2014-07-18 06:12 B004Y1WCDE
root@android:/storage/sdcard0/.imagecache/com.amazon.venezia/com.plexapp.android #

Does anyone know?

Jeff

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jfrasure - 2014-07-19

Nevermind i got it Wink thanks anyways Wink

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - sont77 - 2014-07-19

so i got a fire tv ran the first update now i have been trying to install xbmc with new amazon fire update am i screwed?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - iLLNESS - 2014-07-19

(2014-07-19, 14:07)sont77 Wrote: so i got a fire tv ran the first update now i have been trying to install xbmc with new amazon fire update am i screwed?

no. just updated a new one last night and everything was the same.

Re: RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - bradwatson - 2014-07-19

(2014-07-19, 01:02)gizbug Wrote: Now that I have my launcher automatically loading when I turn on my Fire TV, (it goes right to XBMC) is there a way to get back to the amazon home? I need to reconfigure my wireless network.....
Go to applications-> android apps then launch the kftv app. That's kindle fire TV...

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - sont77 - 2014-07-19

Ok cool I just got it to work but I noticed some how all my ip address are different I'm not the most tech savey person how do u make all ip the same .. And now should I foot it is it necessary to root Huh?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - sunrise495 - 2014-07-19

FTV is running great. Couldn't be happier. The image quality is excellent with good content. I have noticed that when you go through the screen calibration process the end result square is very fuzzy, but the screen fit and image quality is fine? Why is the final calibration square fuzzy??

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - breezytm - 2014-07-19

(2014-07-17, 21:55)kenelbow Wrote:
(2014-07-17, 21:51)breezytm Wrote: I can't read anymore. Sorry. All I really want to know is if there is a fix for the live tv changing channel crashing issue.

I did the Mediacodec turn off part and yet still getting crashes.

For me the solution was to turn off h.264 transcoding on my HD HomeRun Plus. Not sure what kind of hardware or backend you have but the combination of h.264 and MythTV 0.27 seemed to make things screwing on the FireTV for me. I did also turn off MediaCodec but leave libstagefright enabled.

I have MediaCodec off and Libstagefright on but I still gets crashes. My setup is WMC With HDHomerun Prime.

(2014-07-18, 08:25)tolax Wrote:
(2014-07-17, 21:51)breezytm Wrote: I can't read anymore. Sorry. All I really want to know is if there is a fix for the live tv changing channel crashing issue.

I did the Mediacodec turn off part and yet still getting crashes.

I am running WMC backend with media codec off and it is rock solid. Make sure you reboot after disabling media codec. Tuner is hdhomerun with cable card (xfinity)

It was crash central when media codec was enabled.......

Tolax

We have similar setup. Mine still crashes. I have optimum which is the only difference.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - MaxieWagner - 2014-07-19

(2014-07-15, 03:03)Hdnguyen2509 Wrote: In FireTV XBMC, what is the different in Clear Data and Clear Cache?

If you select CLEAR DATA, you will be resetting XBMC and removing any 3rd party addons installed.

BEWARE!

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - heddhunter - 2014-07-20

About 50% of the time, when I pause a video on XBMC, the picture does not un-pause. The audio continues, but the picture is frozen on whatever the last image was. I have to stop and restart the video to get it to work again. Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - stratotak - 2014-07-20

So this thread has over 250 posts. Dont feel like reading all. IN a nut shell does FireTV work good with XBMC?? Hardware acceleration work?1080p?Looking to replace my Roku LT.
Netflix work fine?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - breezytm - 2014-07-20

(2014-07-20, 02:30)stratotak Wrote: So this thread has over 250 posts. Dont feel like reading all. IN a nut shell does FireTV work good with XBMC?? Hardware acceleration work?1080p?Looking to replace my Roku LT.
Netflix work fine?

Everything works for me. Live TV Works 90%.