Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - sadboy - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-08, 23:00)ilovemymac Wrote: I have no sound on anything unless it plugged into my TV. If I plug the fire TV into my home theater no sound on anything Xbmc or. Otherwise any ideas

Your receiver might have been configured to use a different audio source for that HDMI port.

Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - ilovemymac - 2014-04-09

I got it had to turn off box and receiver and back on

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - ilovemymac - 2014-04-09

I have found when trying to watch something that requires typing on the onscreen keyboard in xbmc it seems to think your typing something different. so not sure what thats about. Im using the XBMC on ouya version

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - blackadderames - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-08, 22:33)eracknaphobia Wrote:
(2014-04-08, 22:24)hogfan Wrote: With XBMC side-loaded, has anybody been able to add content in XBMC from an NFS or SMB share? I have Linux server hosting my media. I'm interested in the future possibility of CyanogenMOD or Vanilla Android on this box. I'm thinking of getting one now as I can use the Netflix, Hulu, & Prime stuff now, and if we get something other than Amazon's FireOS on it the future, then all the better. I know development on this thing is in the early stages, but I'm digging the hardware. Not too worried about the hardware decoding still being a Work-In-Progress at the moment as most of my local content 480 DVD content & I don't have anything currently that is over 720P. Just wondering if the app can currently see any network shares at all.

Yes, I currently have my fire tv streaming media from my Qnap NAS via samba.

As do I - well my xbmc gothem only plays isos

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Dealwagon - 2014-04-09

Just an FYI.. Airplay doesn't even show as a device on iphone (not working) on the ouya build. Tried photos.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - hogfan - 2014-04-09

Nice to hear NFS, SMB, etc. are working. I'm probably going to go ahead and pick one up for the bedroom. I was not happy with the menu lag on Apple TV 2. Just too slow for me still (though noticeably better than the first gen Pivos XIOS) boxes. No DTS passthrough of kind of sad, but not a dealbreaker if it's not hooked up to a receiver anyway. I have a feeling the Fire TV is going to be a pretty good XBMC box down the road. That CPU & RAM will make the user interface much more friendly to navigate. I'm still sticking with my Acer Revo in the main room though, I need DTS Passthrough there. I wish somebody would make a box with specs like this AND have DTS & DD passthrough support. I was excited about seeing the TOSlink on FireTV as not everybody has a receiver that supports HDMI.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - st0nedpenguin - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-09, 00:35)DiegoMejia Wrote: Living World Audio - DTS_HD_MA_7.1_1080_23.98p - SPMC 12.3.3 played, ouya version and gotham v13 beta 3 didnt play
Sphere v2 - Dolby_TrueHD_7.1_1080_23.98p - SPMC 12.3.3 played, ouya version and gotham v13 beta 3 didnt play
T2 - DTS_HD_MA_5.1_1080_29.97i - only sound, no video on any xbmc version i tested
Total Immersion - Dolby_Digital_5.1_1080_29.97p - SPMC 12.3.3 played, ouya version play and gotham v13 beta 3 play

Is it bitstreaming HD audio formats?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - tennisbgc - 2014-04-09

someone on the amazon fire tv xda forum said he was able to see his sandisk flash drive under sda.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - alpha.s - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-09, 04:05)hogfan Wrote: Nice to hear NFS, SMB, etc. are working. I'm probably going to go ahead and pick one up for the bedroom. I was not happy with the menu lag on Apple TV 2. Just too slow for me still (though noticeably better than the first gen Pivos XIOS) boxes. No DTS passthrough of kind of sad, but not a dealbreaker if it's not hooked up to a receiver anyway. I have a feeling the Fire TV is going to be a pretty good XBMC box down the road. That CPU & RAM will make the user interface much more friendly to navigate. I'm still sticking with my Acer Revo in the main room though, I need DTS Passthrough there. I wish somebody would make a box with specs like this AND have DTS & DD passthrough support. I was excited about seeing the TOSlink on FireTV as not everybody has a receiver that supports HDMI.

I usually connect to the receiver via HDMI, but i tested with TOSlink too. I can confirm that xbmc ouya version supports dts/dd passthrough. Wink

(2014-04-09, 04:05)hogfan Wrote: Nice to hear NFS, SMB, etc. are working. I'm probably going to go ahead and pick one up for the bedroom. I was not happy with the menu lag on Apple TV 2. Just too slow for me still (though noticeably better than the first gen Pivos XIOS) boxes. No DTS passthrough of kind of sad, but not a dealbreaker if it's not hooked up to a receiver anyway. I have a feeling the Fire TV is going to be a pretty good XBMC box down the road. That CPU & RAM will make the user interface much more friendly to navigate. I'm still sticking with my Acer Revo in the main room though, I need DTS Passthrough there. I wish somebody would make a box with specs like this AND have DTS & DD passthrough support. I was excited about seeing the TOSlink on FireTV as not everybody has a receiver that supports HDMI.

I think the new minix x8 with the amlogic s802 chip and tronsmart vega are what you may be looking for. A box with super graphics I understand and dd and dts pass through.
I like the amazon fire just a pain to load Xbmc on it.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - alpha.s - 2014-04-09

I just replaced my minix x7 that also had dts/dd passthrough with FTV because of the remote friendly app interface, performance and audio passthrough options.

(2014-04-09, 05:10)alpha.s Wrote: I just replaced my minix x7 that also had dts/dd passthrough with FTV because of the remote friendly app interface, performance and audio passthrough options.

Problem is the x7 has a great working Xbmc this not so much yet.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Dealwagon - 2014-04-09

In the ouya build I get dts pass through and dd. only trick for dts is to set it to optical. I don't even have an optical cable attached. Only hdmi. But if you change it to optical dts works over hdmi. Cool.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - dismantler - 2014-04-09

It works fine for me when playing recompressed 1080p files in h.264. It does not play re-muxed blu-rays. I am connected through the tos-link and my receiver does get pass-through DTS/DD. It is not a newer receiver so I have no idea about HD audio streams.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jocala - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-09, 05:11)ilovemymac Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 05:10)alpha.s Wrote: I just replaced my minix x7 that also had dts/dd passthrough with FTV because of the remote friendly app interface, performance and audio passthrough options.

Problem is the x7 has a great working Xbmc this not so much yet.

Not much of a problem here. So far the ouya build is working well for me. Well enough that I'm going to swap out a very dependable atom htpc running openelec for the firetv. It's run all of my bluray rips (compressed with handbrake), dvd rips, torrents,etc. So far it's not choking.

Easy access to Netflix, Amazon Instant, Hulu Plus, games and the other stuff over-rules any very minimal complaints.