Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - ilovemymac - 2014-04-09

I like it but some addons don't load they hang on it. And no keyboard bugs me. And not having all the stuff on google play sucks. I like having a spoofed box as a nexus 7 so I can get all kinds of emulators play retro games and just customize my experience. But I do like the amazon fire too.

Wish it was easier to load Xbmc on. It never did let me copy over my userdata folder I have saved on my nas. It just sat there saying copy but never moved

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - nickr - 2014-04-09

Keyboards are reported to work.

Hanging addons are what debug logging is for.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Gumdoc - 2014-04-09

Hi All,

Brand new XBMC user, could really use some help here.

I installed XBMC on the FTV using these instructions: http://www.alashiban.com/running-xbmc-amazon-firetv-step-step-tutorial/ (I used the 12.4.1 version of SPMC).

The problem: I used uPnP to search for media on my PC, finds it without a problem.The problem is that video playback is unwatchable. Choppy, looks like I'm watching a slideshow. Lots of green artifacts. My files are mostly all MKVs, 720p files, AAC audio, nothing too demanding.

I tried both my existing Plex server and also installed Serviio, same problems. It's a wired network, gigabit network. I use Plex on a Roku3 and playback is flawless, so it's not a bandwidth issue.

Could really use some help from the XBMC experts. I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for this post.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - nordr - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-09, 08:00)Gumdoc Wrote: Could really use some help from the XBMC experts. I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for this post.
Looks like you've done everything right except that you can't use that build of SMPC. Use 12.3.3 linked on the wiki page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV and the video problems will go away. Smile

Will give it a try, thanks!

How do I delete the version that I already installed?

So, deleted 12.4.1...installed 12.3.3...and...HOLY CRAP! It works!. Been struggling with this for days, finally looks great!

Thanks so much for the help.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Maric - 2014-04-09

Installed SPMC. So far plays all my 1080p mkv files flawlessly. Finally something to replace my aging abandon Boxee Box

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - ktrdsl23 - 2014-04-09

What are people seeing when the proper shutdown procedure isn't done (shutdown within XBMC).

As my wife and kids will use this they often just turn a TV off or will switch over to DVR no matter how many times I try and tell them to quit out of it. I try to have automated remote macros which forces a proper shutdown at the end but there are always times where something slips by. I see two main things that could happen with the Fire TV outside of a proper shutdown and am wondering what happens when these things happen:

1) XBMC is left running and you just switch away to another source or turn off your TV
2) You hit the Amazon home button so that you leave XBMC but you didn't shut it down

If either of these things are done I wondered if Fire TV would either switch to the screensaver or go to sleep mode and what occurs with the power usage compared to if it was exited properly and Fire TV goes to sleep mode.

Thanks.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - DiegoMejia - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-09, 06:03)dismantler Wrote: It works fine for me when playing recompressed 1080p files in h.264. It does not play re-muxed blu-rays. I am connected through the tos-link and my receiver does get pass-through DTS/DD. It is not a newer receiver so I have no idea about HD audio streams.

for remux try spmc 12.3.3, i got a couple files to play just fine.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - eracknaphobia - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-09, 07:17)ilovemymac Wrote: I like it but some addons don't load they hang on it. And no keyboard bugs me. And not having all the stuff on google play sucks. I like having a spoofed box as a nexus 7 so I can get all kinds of emulators play retro games and just customize my experience. But I do like the amazon fire too.

Wish it was easier to load Xbmc on. It never did let me copy over my userdata folder I have saved on my nas. It just sat there saying copy but never moved

Did you try using XBMC file manager? That's what I used to connect to my nas and copy over my advancedsettings.xml.

BTW, I used a Logitech K400r keyboard with touchpad and I would strongly recommend using it or something similar to do the initial setup of XBMC. It will save you so much time when entering network paths and credentials.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - KrakaJap - 2014-04-09

Anyone know how to start xmbc via adb? I'm not familiar enough with the xbmc install to know what ActivityName I should use but I know the command should start with adb shell am start -n tv.ouya.xbmc/[lost here].

EDIT: nevermind... I got it Smile

If anyone is interested (xbmc for ouya):
Code:
adb shell am start -n tv.ouya.xbmc/.Splash

Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - ilovemymac - 2014-04-09

(2014-04-09, 14:34)eracknaphobia Wrote:
(2014-04-09, 07:17)ilovemymac Wrote: I like it but some addons don't load they hang on it. And no keyboard bugs me. And not having all the stuff on google play sucks. I like having a spoofed box as a nexus 7 so I can get all kinds of emulators play retro games and just customize my experience. But I do like the amazon fire too.

Did you try using XBMC file manager? That's what I used to connect to my nas and copy over my advancedsettings.xml.

BTW, I used a Logitech K400r keyboard with touchpad and I would strongly recommend using it or something similar to do the initial setup of XBMC. It will save you so much time when entering network paths and credentials.

Yea I used the file manager under system where you'd enter network locations for repos.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Koying - 2014-04-09

As I have little idea what, between SPMC 12.3.3 and 12.4.0, causes the jittery playback, I'll try the iterative way.
Could you please test those two build and report the outcome, please.

SPMC 12.3.4 ( http://filez.semperpax.com/cyi80 )
SPMC 12.4.2 ( http://filez.semperpax.com/crjtv )

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - mr3p - 2014-04-09

aside from compatibility issues with FTV being discussed in this thread, what are the feature set differences between SPMC 12.3.x, SPMC 12.4.x and XBMC for Ouya 12.3.2?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - hogfan - 2014-04-09

So some of you guys are confirming that with the Ouya build DTS Passthrough is working? Not downmixing the DTS stream to stereo?