Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - cstark27 - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-11, 18:07)jingram Wrote: I'm sure this is a stupid question, but can't quite figure it out. Messing with SPMC 12.3.3 and 12.4.2 currently. How can I add Netflix and Hulu to the Main Menu or is this not possible? I know I can launch them under apps, but ideally I would have them as part of the main menu bar on the home screen. I've searched, but haven't come up with anything.
Try another skin and/or look under the skin settings. Bello let me add them but they wouldn't launch iirc.

You may need to 'favorite' the app.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - elmerohueso - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-11, 18:07)jingram Wrote: I'm sure this is a stupid question, but can't quite figure it out. Messing with SPMC 12.3.3 and 12.4.2 currently. How can I add Netflix and Hulu to the Main Menu or is this not possible? I know I can launch them under apps, but ideally I would have them as part of the main menu bar on the home screen. I've searched, but haven't come up with anything.

I think some skins might allow you to do that in Frodo. You should be able to add apps to your Favorites, at least.
It's easy to create "fake" addons (and add them to the Home screen) to directly launch Android apps in Gotham, though. For example, I have https://github.com/elmerohueso/nnxbmcnetflix added to my Home screen to launch Fire TV's version of Netflix.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - underworld123 - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-11, 18:18)elmerohueso Wrote: I think some skins might allow you to do that in Frodo. You should be able to add apps to your Favorites, at least.
It's easy to create "fake" addons (and add them to the Home screen) to directly launch Android apps in Gotham, though. For example, I have https://github.com/elmerohueso/nnxbmcnetflix added to my Home screen to launch Fire TV's version of Netflix.

I am not sure if I am following you completely, but are you suggesting that we can start FireTV apps from within XBMC...wow that will be phenomenal. Can you please provide more details....thanks!!

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - cstark27 - 2014-04-11

Go to Programs>Android Apps>click on your app

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jocala - 2014-04-11

I'm having trouble with the ORtek VRC-1100 for xbmc, can someone help?
I need to activate context menus,info,etc. The media play buttons seem to work out of the box.

I tried the keyboard.xml below, but it doesn't seem to work. It was posted in 2009, it may not be valid for frodo/gotham, idk.

I'm stumped.

Code:
<!--   ORtek Vista MCE Remote Control VRC-1100
-->
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
    <t mod="ctrl,shift">XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPrograms)</t>
    <m mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</m>
    <i mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPictures)</i>
    <e mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</e>
    <o mod="ctrl">ContextMenu</o>
    <g mod="ctrl">Info</g>
    <t mod="ctrl">OSD</t>
    <m mod="ctrl,shift">PreviousMenu</m>
    <backspace>ParentDir</backspace>
    <return>Select</return>
    <up>Up</up>
    <left>Left</left>
    <right>Right</right>
    <down>Down</down>
    <volume_up>VolumeUp</volume_up>
    <volume_down>VolumeDown</volume_down>
    <pageup>-</pageup>
    <pagedown>-</pagedown>
    <volume_mute>Mute</volume_mute>
    <b mod="ctrl,shift">Rewind</b>
    <f mod="ctrl,shift">FastForward</f>
    <prev_track>SkipPrevious</prev_track>
    <next_track>SkipNext</next_track>
    <stop>Stop</stop>
    <play_pause>Play</play_pause>
    <r mod="ctrl">Screenshot</r>
    <numpadzero>-</numpadzero>
    <numpadone>FullScreen</numpadone>
    <numpadtwo>-</numpadtwo>
    <numpadthree>-</numpadthree>
    <numpadfour>-</numpadfour>
    <numpadfive>-</numpadfive>
    <numpadsix>-</numpadsix>
    <numpadseven>-</numpadseven>
    <numpadeight>-</numpadeight>
    <numpadnine>-</numpadnine>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - MrMichaelJames - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-11, 18:18)elmerohueso Wrote:

I think some skins might allow you to do that in Frodo. You should be able to add apps to your Favorites, at least.

Looked at the source, thats pretty cool

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jingram - 2014-04-11

Yes, you can start FireTV apps within XBMC.

I've already gone down the favorites route and in Confluence, while they show added to favorites, if you launch them it fails out, while if you launch them directly from programs they work great.

I've also tested other skins like Amber and while I can modify the menu, it crashes out SPMC completely when you try and fire off either Netflix or Hulu.

So, I'm going to assume at this point that confluence doesn't allow you to edit the menu at all?

I'll look into the fake Add-on route. Anybody else finds a way around this or a skin where they work properly, let me know.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - latino2166 - 2014-04-11

how i update my SPMC without to install a new one

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - alucard77 - 2014-04-11

Hi All,

Just a quick question. Up to this point I have been using an Apple TV2 for XBMC on my 58" and my receiver to mainly play MKV and Xvid files. Mainly in DTS.

Knowing the limited scope I use this in. Should I pull the trigger on the Fire TV and switch at this point?

I have been wanting to move my Apple TV to the upstairs bedroom for a while now.

Alright, so another stupid question... if an add-on isn't in the xbmc repository, how can I push it to the firetv. I pulled down the nnxbmcnetflix above, but am not sure how to shoot it over to the fire tv since it doesn't support external storage.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - MrMichaelJames - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-11, 19:10)jingram Wrote: Alright, so another stupid question... if an add-on isn't in the xbmc repository, how can I push it to the firetv. I pulled down the nnxbmcnetflix above, but am not sure how to shoot it over to the fire tv since it doesn't support external storage.

install addon as zip, you can open up a nfs mount or samba mount or whatever you are using to share your video files

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - n3on - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-11, 19:05)latino2166 Wrote: how i update my SPMC without to install a new one

adb install -r spmc.apk

So out of curiosity who works on the MediaCodec to get it working with new hardware such as the Qualcomm Adreno 320? Is that the XBMC team or a MediaCodec team? Where/how can I get involved? It saddens me to think that this won't be fully supported by Gotham, and this divx/xvid stuttering is driving me nuts.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - latino2166 - 2014-04-11

thank you!

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - buckfifty - 2014-04-11

anyone else getting the problem with the spmc and ouya build where scanning for movies in a folder, it gets stuck on a particular movie? happens with the same movie on both builds. however, with the gotham build, it's able to scan my entire collection but it can't play any of them

FYI installed the Netflix plugin mentioned above and it doesn't change the confluence menu at all. It simply adds a plug-in under videos and it doesn't run, although it shows properly installed.

Anybody running any skins that are working well that allow home screen menus to be changed?