Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - jsp1 - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-14, 01:08)nickr Wrote: The addon missing movies scanner may help you.

I guess you could try running the database backup addon, back up on one machine and restore on another?

Turns out my external media scraper had moved some files into folders without checking the share box. This caused random files within the shared folder to be inaccessible. So, it actually had nothing to do with the android version. My bad. Thanks for the suggestions anyhow.

Koying, based on the logs does it look probable or even possible that whatever quirk for HD audio might be present? I don't mean to bug you about it, I just want to go ahead and return this thing if it is a definite 'no'. Thank you.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - sspectre - 2014-04-14

Flirc users,

I've been working on programming a Harmony One for both XBMC and to replace the Fire TV remote. I don't recall seeing any of this written down yet, so here are my observations so far with Gotham.

1. The rewind, play/pause, and fast forward buttons on the Fire TV remote send the same signals as the media buttons on a keyboard. Set these keys on your remote with the "Media Keys" controller in the Flirc app.

2. Escape works the same as "back" on the Fire TV remote. By default, escape seems to drop you all the way back to the home screen in XBMC, so this may require a remap in XBMC if you use the same button for both.

3. Ctrl-Esc works as the menu button on the Fire TV remote but the Fire TV may be picking up double presses (two context menus show up in the Pandora app when pressed). I'm wondering if the Windows context menu key would work here, but need to investigate further.

4. The Fire TV's Netflix app picks up the other media keys such as stop (as does XBMC). Other apps may also do this, but I haven't tried yet.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - D3w4yne - 2014-04-14

Hi all,

Got my Fire TV this week like everyone else. So far it's been great. I've been on the hunt for a "one device to rule them all" to attain ultimate wife approval. So far this is getting me close.

Using koying's latest Gotham build I've been able to run everything from straight bluray backups to live OTA TV. I've got passthrough enabled and my receiver lights up "Cinema DSP" so I guess it's all working. (Yamaha RX-V765)

Concerning live TV, none of the builds have had any options enabled for deinterlacing video, they are greyed out. I get horizontal lines with certain movement of the video. I can deal with it for now but coming from OpenELEC I could enable deinterlacing and live TV looked wonderful.

This isn't fire specific but I wish my tivo slide pro worked. I got the newer version that's RF and it would be the perfect remote. I need IR for my tv/receiver and I'd love to have the qwerty keyboard option all in one remote.

Once HBO Go support is added this thing will be my perfect media streamer. I'll fill the rest of the house with them and be done with it.

Dewayne

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Abshole - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-14, 01:42)Koying Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 23:32)Abshole Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 23:19)nickr Wrote: XBMC does not play MVC files in 3D, so this is no surprise. Someone should test SBS or TAB files, although if they are HSBS or HTAB they should play exactly the same as any other 1080p file.

Yeah, I skipped over the MVC part. The few 3D mkvs that I have are either HSBS or HTAB. Right now I'm running OpenELEC, but when I try to switch my projector over to a 3D mode it never recognizes it as a 3D film being played.

Not even ffmpeg decodes MVC atm. The only chip I know that decodes it is imx6, but only in 720p, so basically useless.

HSBS and HTAB are plain h264 (or, rarely, VC1) , so nothing specific on that side. You must force your TV or projector in 3D, because the HDMI signal is 2D.

Yeah, I ran Xbian before and I had to add in hdmi_force_edid_3d=1 in the config, but I haven't added it into the OpenELEC config yet.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - underworld123 - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-13, 20:39)Koying Wrote: IIRC, there was no airplay on android in Frodo (SPMC is based upon Frodo, as a reminder).

Thanks. Even in the Gotham build, I could Airplay Audio only. I am guessing that video Airplay is still under works.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - nickr - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-14, 03:11)Abshole Wrote: Yeah, I ran Xbian before and I had to add in hdmi_force_edid_3d=1 in the config, but I haven't added it into the OpenELEC config yet.
Can you point me to an online manual for your projector?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - tomatosoup - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-13, 18:27)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 16:35)tomatosoup Wrote: Koying, is there any sort of change that could be made that would allow proper rebinding of the fastforward and rewind keys? I've tried everything I can think of to rebind them but the most recent build of SPMC does not recognize the inputs.

Grab the Keymap Editor in the official repo, and you can easily modify them to do whatever you want.
I've got mine working as FF and RW, among other things.

I've tried using that, but unfortunately it makes both of them do the same thing (whichever was mapped last) D:

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Thraxen - 2014-04-14

Nevermind. Figured out my issue right after I posted. Carry on.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - elmerohueso - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-14, 03:51)tomatosoup Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 18:27)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 16:35)tomatosoup Wrote: Koying, is there any sort of change that could be made that would allow proper rebinding of the fastforward and rewind keys? I've tried everything I can think of to rebind them but the most recent build of SPMC does not recognize the inputs.

Grab the Keymap Editor in the official repo, and you can easily modify them to do whatever you want.
I've got mine working as FF and RW, among other things.

I've tried using that, but unfortunately it makes both of them do the same thing (whichever was mapped last) D:

Dang it. You're right. XBMC see them as the same button code. Shows how often I actually use those buttons.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - touser - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-14, 02:26)sspectre Wrote: Flirc users,

I've been working on programming a Harmony One for both XBMC and to replace the Fire TV remote. I don't recall seeing any of this written down yet, so here are my observations so far with Gotham.

1. The rewind, play/pause, and fast forward buttons on the Fire TV remote send the same signals as the media buttons on a keyboard. Set these keys on your remote with the "Media Keys" controller in the Flirc app.

2. Escape works the same as "back" on the Fire TV remote. By default, escape seems to drop you all the way back to the home screen in XBMC, so this may require a remap in XBMC if you use the same button for both.

3. Ctrl-Esc works as the menu button on the Fire TV remote but the Fire TV may be picking up double presses (two context menus show up in the Pandora app when pressed). I'm wondering if the Windows context menu key would work here, but need to investigate further.

4. The Fire TV's Netflix app picks up the other media keys such as stop (as does XBMC). Other apps may also do this, but I haven't tried yet.

Can this get added to the wiki?

(2014-04-14, 05:53)touser Wrote: Can this get added to the wiki?
Do it! It's a wiki. Don't wait for someone else.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - elmerohueso - 2014-04-14

So, I found the internal key codes used by the Fire TV remote (https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/asb/remote-input.html). However, it seems to me that XBMC is interpreting the remote as a keyboard (the log shows a "keyboard scancode" whenever I press a button), and this shows that it's assigning the FF and RW buttons the same scancode. Is it possible to use the Android keycodes in XBMC keymaps, or does there have to be some change to the underlying code to recognize the remote's real codes?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - touser - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-14, 05:56)nickr Wrote:

Ahh didn't realize I could. I submitted a request for an account, will do if i'm approved.

(2014-04-14, 07:50)touser Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 05:56)nickr Wrote:

Ahh didn't realize I could. I submitted a request for an account, will do if i'm approved.
Excellent. Contribute, you'll feel better when you have Wink

You don't need to be a programmer to contribute to an open source project.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - nero12 - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-14, 02:02)Canucker Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 01:48)haikuginger Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 01:36)Canucker Wrote: Installs to settings/applications but doesn't install to apps library

That's to be expected. Currently, sideloading an app onto the Fire TV just shows it in Settings/Applications, not on the homescreen.

Yes. Is code forced to file name? Another beta released can we replace apk file?

Yes at the moment its static, which means a new batch file must be uploaded with each beta. However i will try make it pull the latest beta version automatic. Also i am in process of adding an option to upload a splash.png and keyboard.xml to the box.