Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - brundon - 2014-04-15

Does anybody know how to change background images for XBMC? Like for Amber theme?

I tried connecting to windows file share and no images are shown in folders.
I don't even know how to get pictures stored locally on the Fire TV? I have images in the Cloud Drive thing but wasnt sure how to access those either

Any ideas?

Re: RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Koying - 2014-04-15

(2014-04-15, 04:32)elmerohueso Wrote: Posted my keymap, now that the FF and RW buttons are working.

I assume that means it works ok in the latest build.
I might have missed the feedback ;-)

[EDIT]
nvm, found back your reply.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - nickr - 2014-04-15

(2014-04-15, 07:17)brundon Wrote: Does anybody know how to change background images for XBMC? Like for Amber theme?

I tried connecting to windows file share and no images are shown in folders.
I don't even know how to get pictures stored locally on the Fire TV? I have images in the Cloud Drive thing but wasnt sure how to access those either

Any ideas?
Go ask in the Amber theme forum. This is not a firetv question.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - nickr - 2014-04-15

(2014-04-14, 03:31)nickr Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 03:11)Abshole Wrote: Yeah, I ran Xbian before and I had to add in hdmi_force_edid_3d=1 in the config, but I haven't added it into the OpenELEC config yet.
Can you point me to an online manual for your projector?
OK so you PM'd me a link to your manual for some reason. It is here for anyone else who might like to contribute http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_manual_7265.pdF

I would have thought page 38 from about half way down would find you the 3D menu.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - novawasp - 2014-04-15

The issue with NextPVR was firewall related. I had to add NPVR.exe, NRecord.exe, and NTray.exe.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Abshole - 2014-04-15

(2014-04-15, 10:43)nickr Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 03:31)nickr Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 03:11)Abshole Wrote: Yeah, I ran Xbian before and I had to add in hdmi_force_edid_3d=1 in the config, but I haven't added it into the OpenELEC config yet.
Can you point me to an online manual for your projector?
OK so you PM'd me a link to your manual for some reason. It is here for anyone else who might like to contribute http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_manual_7265.pdF

I would have thought page 38 from about half way down would find you the 3D menu.

You're only able to select the mode when its detected that a 3D movie is being played. When I play one using OpenELEC (again, I haven't entered that line in the config yet), it doesn't detect one being played so I can't change the mode/format

Apologies for temporarily hijacking the topic.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - ootuoyetahi - 2014-04-15

I apologize if this is a stupid question but I am totally new to XBMC and home theater in general. Will XBMC on an Amazon Fire box support streaming from RAR files? I know its a feature of XBMC just not sure if this particular box is capable of it.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - hdmkv - 2014-04-15

I'm trying to copy my keyboard map to Fire TV with SPMC 12.4.2, but getting an "error...failed to copy". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Code:
adb push keyboard.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - underworld123 - 2014-04-15

(2014-04-15, 14:09)hdmkv Wrote: I'm trying to copy my keyboard map to Fire TV with SPMC 12.4.2, but getting an "error...failed to copy". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Code:
adb push keyboard.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/

Remove the "/" at the end of the command. Try

Code:
adb push keyboard.xml /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - hdmkv - 2014-04-15

That worked! Thanks.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - robertlee - 2014-04-15

Specfications are ideal for using XBMC, but if the the ram was 4 gb that would have been better. other wise looks good

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - n3on - 2014-04-15

(2014-04-14, 22:39)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 20:15)n3on Wrote:
Quote:Sorry, but I don't know/think that answers my question. I know HDMI cec will work (and that my television remote could control everything), but I'd like to use the amazon remote for it's smaller size and voice recognition feature and nothing else. How would I turn on/turn off the television with only the amazon remote itself (using hdmi-cec)?

It doesn't work like that. You can use your TV's remote to control the FireTV, not the other way around. Also the voice recognition is for the Amazon services only, not xbmc.

Actually, it could work like that, if Amazon added such support. CEC is a two-way street.

Oops, I didn't realize that. The TV would also need to respect commands as well right? My LG calls CEC "Simplink", and it states how it's used for the TV remote to control other devices, not the other way around. Unfortunately for me it's not practical to use my TV remote because I can't hold down on the directional pad to make it scroll like I can with the FireTV remote. So any folder with a large collection of media is impractical to navigate. I have to push the button each time I want to move in a direction, also there is about a .5-1 second lag in response. Sticking with the FireTV remote. I actually like it anyway. If someone roots this thing and we can turn the record button into a CEC button to turn on/off my a TV that would be really neat. Not holding my breath though Smile Sorry again for the misinformation.

(2014-04-14, 21:37)sbingner Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 18:18)sspectre Wrote:
(2014-04-14, 17:19)n3on Wrote: I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Is the media you're watching Xvid/Divx? I've uploaded a sample for people to try.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/518292/sample-avi.html

I just tested the link and it is working. As most of my media is in Xvid/Divx this jitter is really stopping me from being able to enjoy spmc.

It's not just panning, but that's when it is extremely noticeable, any fast paced action scenes and even just fastforward/rewind are hiccupy compared to an x264. I tried watching a movie and you can almost forget that it's there on the occasion and then it will become painfully obvious in some scenes.

I'm upgrading from an old Xbox with xbmc4xbox which plays divx/xvid content flawlessly. Having a hard time convincing the girlfriend as to why the FireTV is so awesome when it doesn't play our content as well haha. She's gonna have to deal with it for now.

I'm not sure what the problem was on Saturday; I was getting an SQL error from the site. My divx/xvid files are showing similar symptoms though.

In my testing, it is only jittery if I skip forward or backward. It fixes it if I stop then resume playing or just don't skip forward/backward.

Did you see it during the panning sequences?

Can someone point me in the direction to get in touch with the guys that work on MediaCodec for XBMC? I'm a developer and would like to help try and get support for the FireTV working.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - sadboy - 2014-04-15

(2014-04-15, 04:21)cstark27 Wrote:
(2014-04-15, 01:53)XmemphistoX Wrote: How did you change the home button to launch xbmc?
I side loaded Llama, then basically set a variable at startup to true. Have to launch XBMC manually the first time, which changes said variable to false. Then one more event that says if variable is false and current app is KFTV Launcher, launch XBMC. This actually will just take you back to where you were in XBMC last, but oh well. And sometimes you'll see the Amazon home for a second before XBMC comes up. Not perfect, but also way easier for letting other people cruise around on the box.
See Llama events: http://i.imgur.com/MBcKNcA.jpg

That's really neat. But does sleep work if you leave XBMC on?

(2014-04-15, 04:32)elmerohueso Wrote: Posted my keymap, now that the FF and RW buttons are working.

Thanks. Your one makes the most sense so far Smile

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - elmerohueso - 2014-04-15

(2014-04-15, 04:44)underworld123 Wrote:

Is this for the Gotham build or will it work for SPMC too?

Thanks!

I'm using Gotham. I don't know if Koying added the fixes to SPMC.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - renhack - 2014-04-15

Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you get to the expanded movie information? The screen for rescraping the movie for images and info. I'm on the Gotham build.