Slingbox client and Slingbox SlingPlayer support built-into XBMC? - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-ons Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Slingbox client and Slingbox SlingPlayer support built-into XBMC? (/showthread.php?tid=19234)
- Harry Muscle - 2011-05-08 03:59
joeydrunk Wrote:I was so excited when I started reading this thread, then I came across no pro hd support. So will it absolutely not work on my pro hd?
I think there was one that did work during testing but all others failed. It's worth a try if you got some spare time.
- ktjensen - 2011-07-12 11:31
i now have this working!! Finally getting my slingbox solo signal over the internet to display on my HDTV. If anyone wants guidance I will answer all questions on how to do this, while it is all fresh.
The key for me is that the user is "Administrator" and of course the password is whatever you set it up to be on your SLINGBOX SOLO when you first installed it. Remember that the password is the slingbox password itself, and not the web site slingbox live password, which is completely different.
Also you definitely need to have your router IP address, that comunicates to the slingbox (with a port forwarding). Believe the standard port is 5001 used by slingbox solo.
If you can watch your slingbox via slingbox live, then your signal is getting out to the internet.
HARRY M - THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!
- Brandon C - 2011-07-18 07:30
ktjensen Wrote:i now have this working!! Finally getting my slingbox solo signal over the internet to display on my HDTV.
Cool deal.With all the encryption the Slingboxes now use it's great to hear you got it working.
It would be way easier to have the Vulkano box do this since it doesn't use an encrypted stream.
If you have not looked at the new Monsoon Multimedia Vulkano yet I would suggest you do so.
- ktjensen - 2011-07-19 15:55
Brandon C Wrote:Cool deal.With all the encryption the Slingboxes now use it's great to hear you got it working.
Brandon - that looks like some interesting VULKANO technology there. But I notice a couple issues
1) It does not mention any COMPRESSION algorythm (like SLINGBOX has). For use in internet streaming. Streaming in the LAN is different. Will assume it has some kind of adjustment to reduce the streaming bandwidth? Else over the internet will be subject to wild bandwidth changes.
2) It looks like it has some kind of LEARNING REMOTE to echo what your own remote does. While SLINGBOX has many built in profiles for various cable boxes, satellite boxes, etc. Not sure which is better yet.
overall a good device to experiment with.
- nashpatel - 2011-07-26 14:18
Originally Posted by marada
I have downloaded the precompiled build and when I click on “watch slingbox” nothing happens? I have added a source in the exact same format that you said - sling://administratorassword@ip addressort/input and included the slingbox ip address. Does anyone have a youtube video showing how you got this working? Does anyone have any ideas how I can make this work? I can’t understand when you click on watch slingbox nothing happens?
How do i get the error log from within my ATV2??
- steve1977 - 2011-08-10 02:20
This is so terrific!!! Not sure what XBMCs (pre-Eden only? On ATV, ATV2, OSX?) and what Slingboxes (Solo only? Classic and others?) it will work and whether channel shift has been implemented?
Could someone post a step-by-step guide? Thanks!!!
- speed32219 - 2011-08-10 02:55
My Dish Contract is coming to a close, just wondering if someone has tried the
ViP 922 SlingLoaded DVR STB?
- steve1977 - 2011-08-18 17:36
steve1977 Wrote:This is so terrific!!! Not sure what XBMCs (pre-Eden only? On ATV, ATV2, OSX?) and what Slingboxes (Solo only? Classic and others?) it will work and whether channel shift has been implemented?
- ktjensen - 2011-08-18 22:46
1) Slingbox Solo only per last report
2) Runs on my ATV2
3) The guide is in the first posting for this thread:
- Harry Muscle - 2011-08-28 06:50
ktjensen Wrote:1) Slingbox Solo only per last report
Just to clarify point 1 ... there's a lot more devices than just the Solo that work. Pretty much all of them except the Pro-HD at the moment, and even that one should soon.