Kodi Community Forum
Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown (/showthread.php?tid=197026)

Pages: 1 2

Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - Anselm - 2014-06-04

Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown

I had to kill xbmc and xbmc.bin

http://paste.ubuntu.com/7589279/

Does anyone have any idea?

RE: Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - Claudio.Sjo - 2014-06-05

You need to be connected to the network, otherwise you need to wait for a while.
It's not hanging, just wait for a timeout.

RE: Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - shpontes - 2014-06-05

I have the same problem.
When I try to shutdown it freeze.
My machine doesn't connect to the network.
I connect my ubuntu only on the internet
Another day I shutdown on the xbmc and I leave home, when I came back, the xbmc was still freeze.

How do I solve this problem?
Is there any configuration that I can do?

RE: Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - Anselm - 2014-06-05

Today it does not freeze. Maybe, because it was the first reboot after the installation? The only changes i did was to change to windows mode and back to full screen mode.

BTW: i am getting the following error:

/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc-xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Running DIL (3.22.0) Version
DtsDeviceOpen: Opening HW in mode 0
DtsDeviceOpen: Create File Failed

(2014-06-05, 14:49)Claudio.Sjo Wrote: You need to be connected to the network, otherwise you need to wait for a while.

What do you mean with "the network"?

RE: Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - Claudio.Sjo - 2014-06-05

(2014-06-05, 15:15)Anselm Wrote: Today it does not freeze. Maybe, because it was the first reboot after the installation? The only changes i did was to change to windows mode and back to full screen mode.

BTW: i am getting the following error:

Running DIL (3.22.0) Version
DtsDeviceOpen: Opening HW in mode 0
DtsDeviceOpen: Create File Failed

(2014-06-05, 14:49)Claudio.Sjo Wrote: You need to be connected to the network, otherwise you need to wait for a while.

What do you mean with "the network"?

I mean my home LAN, cable connected to Internet via a NAT/Router.
I have Lubuntu 14.04 and xbmc Gotham.
Before I had Lubuntu 12.10 and Frodo (the patched version for fglrx).
If the PC is connected to the network, then it shuts down immediately, otherwise it takes a minute or so.
If I exit xbmc, then Lubuntu shuts down immediately anyhow.
The PC uses only local disks, neither shared directories nor NAS in my network.

RE: Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - shpontes - 2014-06-06

Hi.

I was reading on the internet many people protest about freeze at shutdown with ubuntu 14.04 and xbmc 13.0.
Some people told that the problem is a bug in this version that will be fixed in version 13.01.

RE: Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - Plecebo - 2014-06-10

I'm having the same issue. New install of Ubuntu 14.04 and installed xbmc from the ppa on June 6th.

Here is a debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=222442

RE: Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - Claudio.Sjo - 2014-06-10

My Lubuntu 14.04 and Gotham 13.1 does never hang, if connected to internet.
I had 2 episodes of hang when using Gotham 13.0

RE: Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - xbmc-user - 2014-07-04

This got resolved for me! I don't know how. I too had to kill xbmc.bin manually. System was running, only XBMC used to hang. See if this helps.

My setup:
1) Fresh install of Ubuntu 14.04 (32 bit) on ZBOX HD-ID11. "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade"
2) Uninstalled "nouveau" open source video driver and installed "nvidia-current nvidia-settings libvdpau1"
3) Installed XBMC 13.1
4) Start XBMC as a session or start after Unity Session login as an App.

XBMC never hanged on Exit, Power Off, Log Off User and Reboot if I DO NOT play any video or audio. But, if I PLAY video or audio it will hang always on Exit, Power Off, Log Off User and Reboot.

I tried various update/upgrade, etc. nothing worked.

In normal shutdown (sudo shutdown now) of Ubuntu I was getting Modem Manager related errors. So, I simply did "sudo apt-get autoremove modemmanager" and after that XBMC problem is gone! I'm not sure why?! But, I tested at least 20 different video/audio, Exit, Power Off, Log Off User and Reboot, etc. and it works now! I've no clue.

I noticed that on removal of modemmanager, it regenerated initramfs, etc.. Not sure if that did the trick.

RE: Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - shtivis - 2014-08-04

Hi,
I got the same issue.
I have Ubuntu 14.04 (64 bit) with XBMC version 13.1
There is connection to the internet over WIFI
When I click ext the computer freeze.

Any ideas?

RE: Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - Jaman42 - 2014-09-05

Any more news on this issue? I get this a lot, sometimes its really quick when exiting to OS, sometime it takes a little while longer. Couldn't spot anything in the logs, will take another look and update the post with a log.

When it freezes I just ssh to my HTPC and pkill xbmc to get back to the desktop.

RE: Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - nickr - 2014-09-06

None of you supply a log file.

This issue is often caused by errant addons. But only a debug log (wiki) would give you any clues at all.

RE: Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - Jaman42 - 2014-09-06

I know, I am trying to reproduce it while having debug log enabled so I can post a proper log. I'll update once I got it, for now I only got a standard log and the difference with the one when it crashed from when it exited normally are these two lines:

Code:
22:00:46 T:140019983243200 WARNING: Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture button-nofocus.png
22:00:46 T:140019983243200 WARNING: Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture button-focus.png

I have no idea what this means thou. But as I said, I am trying to get it to crash when having debug log enabled.

RE: Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - fritsch - 2014-09-06

Debug Log does not mean you cut out what you like. Use a pastebin near you.

RE: Ubuntu 14.04 / XBMC 13 Gotham: hangs/freezes at shutdown - Jaman42 - 2014-09-06

(2014-09-06, 05:41)nickr Wrote: But only a debug log (wiki) would give you any clues at all.

(2014-09-06, 10:37)Jaman42 Wrote: I know, I am trying to reproduce it while having debug log enabled so I can post a proper log. I'll update once I got it

I know debug log does not mean to cut out what I like, I thought you got a debug log when enabling debug logging. To get one with the error in it I need to reproduce it or am I missing something?