Kodi Community Forum
v14 Xperience1080 3.x - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: v14 Xperience1080 3.x (/showthread.php?tid=197125)

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.4.41 for Kodi 14.x - PatOso - 2014-12-22

OK, fade folder Smile. THX

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.4.41 for Kodi 14.x - eskay993 - 2014-12-22

(2014-12-16, 23:29)Hustler1337 Wrote: I'm still getting the mirror effect in the background as posted a while back.

Here's a couple of screenshots:

Is this also happening for you on an Amazon Fire device? I have heard a few reports on this but could not not ever reproduce it.

@Piers - Sorry for tackling possible mb3 issues in this thread.

This happens to me very VERY occasionally on a Fire TV (just the regular non MB3 XF version). It tends to happen sometimes when sometimes goes wrong, like an addon fails to install or something somewhere hangs. It's so infrequent for me though that I haven't noticed a pattern to trigger it, but a quick skin reload fixes it.

I remember it happening more often with the MB3 version a while back when I was testing it (2-3 months ago). Particularly when it was first scanning my MB server and if something goes wrong and it hangs. So my guess it's an issue with the base skin that MB3 causes to happen more often.

If it happens again, I'll capture a log if it helps.

(2014-12-09, 17:18)Piers Wrote:
(2014-12-09, 16:44)eskay993 Wrote: Sure thing. Probably the simplest solution that doesn't change the layout is to change the Year field so that it shows Airdate for Episodes and Year for all other types. I'm only beginning to learn skinning, so not sure if that type of conditional formatting is possible. If that doesn't work I have some other ideas, but will need some minor rejigging.

I've mostly been incorporating PVR fixes and forgot about the above, it's already in the next release which is three commits ahead.

Hey Piers - Just wondering if this will be included in any future release. You mentioned it was already in, but just checking if it slipped off or is still to come post RC. This is relating to both the Landscape view for Episodes and video info screen.

Thanks!

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.4.41 for Kodi 14.x - eskay993 - 2014-12-22

Also! Smile possible bug - When RSS Feed is set to either Top or Bottom is skin settings, Favourites on the home screen no longer works.

EDIT: Noticed it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but it wasn't clear whether it was known why. I can confirm that RSS definitely makes it stop working for me.

EDIT 2: Also also! Sorry, don't know why I'm noticing all these things now all of a sudden! Been using it for weeks :p When you play a TV show or movies directly from the the home screen (by clicking the relevant big "whats new" boxes), the video doesn't get marked as "Watched" when you're done.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.4.41 for Kodi 14.x - cRaZy-BoY - 2014-12-23

(2014-12-16, 15:42)Piers Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 13:20)bilalsbz Wrote:
(2014-12-07, 02:45)bilalsbz Wrote: Image
see, i can't see the subtitles when i pause the video ,is there an option to make a clean pause without any info like aeon mq 5?

hey man.i'm still waiting your help ,tell me how to make it trasnparent like experience1080 at least,please man help me ,i like your work so much .

I'm not sure what you're asking. The xml for the subtitles is the same for 1080XF and my Xperience1080 version (more or less). Subtitles aren't textures so that's got nothing to do with the skin. Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly.

(2014-12-15, 10:01)cRaZy-BoY Wrote: Hey! first of all thank you for the amazing looking skin! i love it!

I have a problem....My native language is Hebrew and like most skins your skin doesn't work with Hebrew...

How can i help or what can i do so the skin will support the Hebrew language?

Thank you!

Can you please take a screenshot of what you see when trying to use Hebrew?
Sure... sorry it toke me a long time. i didn't saw your message.

here the screen shot:

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.4.41 for Kodi 14.x - Cassiel - 2014-12-23

Looks like the font doesn't support Hebrew characters.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.4.41 for Kodi 14.x - Piers - 2014-12-24

(2014-12-23, 16:24)cRaZy-BoY Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 15:42)Piers Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 13:20)bilalsbz Wrote: hey man.i'm still waiting your help ,tell me how to make it trasnparent like experience1080 at least,please man help me ,i like your work so much .

I'm not sure what you're asking. The xml for the subtitles is the same for 1080XF and my Xperience1080 version (more or less). Subtitles aren't textures so that's got nothing to do with the skin. Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly.

(2014-12-15, 10:01)cRaZy-BoY Wrote: Hey! first of all thank you for the amazing looking skin! i love it!

I have a problem....My native language is Hebrew and like most skins your skin doesn't work with Hebrew...

How can i help or what can i do so the skin will support the Hebrew language?

Thank you!

here the screen shot:

Hmm, and I agree with the above. There is some work to be done with languages so I'll make sure this is at the top. I might need you to test for me as I don't speak/read Hebrew.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.4.41 for Kodi 14.x - Hustler1337 - 2014-12-24

Hi Piers,

Posted this earlier - Would it be possible to make the OSD when playing a video auto-hide after a few seconds of inactivity? When playing a video on the Amazon Fire TV, there is no button to make the OSD information disappear and I'm stuck with it displaying for the rest of the video, very annoying :| Currently, when hitting the return/back button on the Fire TV remote, it closes the entire video down so an auto-hide feature or making the return button clear the OSD would be a godsend.

Also, is it possible for the user to manually tweak the opacity of the skin's background. If so, which file/line of code would I need to edit?

EDIT: just found it above, thanks PatOso.

Thank you! Big Grin

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.4.41 for Kodi 14.x - eskay993 - 2014-12-24

(2014-12-24, 11:25)Hustler1337 Wrote: Hi Piers,

Posted this earlier - Would it be possible to make the OSD when playing a video auto-hide after a few seconds of inactivity? When playing a video on the Amazon Fire TV, there is no button to make the OSD information disappear and I'm stuck with it displaying for the rest of the video, very annoying :| Currently, when hitting the return/back button on the Fire TV remote, it closes the entire video down so an auto-hide feature or making the return button clear the OSD would be a godsend.

Also, is it possible for the user to manually tweak the opacity of the skin's background. If so, which file/line of code would I need to edit?

EDIT: just found it above, thanks PatOso.

Thank you! Big Grin

Pressing back to close the OSD is a keymap thing, not a skin thing. I have a Fire TV and it works fine. Unless you made some edits to the keymap or some other add-on did, it should just work. It sounds like your back button is set to stop video when OSD is displayed instead of close OSD.

If you are unsure how to edit keymaps, install this repo, then install the Fire TV Tweaks addon, and within that there is a nice keymap you can install specifically designed for AFTV remotes..

xbmc.repo.elmerohueso-1.0.zip

Also check out this for more info Alternative_keymaps_for_Fire_TV_remote

If you get stuck, PM me your keymap file. Happy to help if I can.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.4.41 for Kodi 14.x - cRaZy-BoY - 2014-12-24

(2014-12-24, 01:04)Piers Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 16:24)cRaZy-BoY Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 15:42)Piers Wrote: I'm not sure what you're asking. The xml for the subtitles is the same for 1080XF and my Xperience1080 version (more or less). Subtitles aren't textures so that's got nothing to do with the skin. Maybe I'm not understanding you correctly.

here the screen shot:

Hmm, and I agree with the above. There is some work to be done with languages so I'll make sure this is at the top. I might need you to test for me as I don't speak/read Hebrew.
I'll be happy to help with testing and what not..... i'll come here to check for update.... but if you want contact me directly by mail: crazyboy84 * g****.com.

Thank you so much for trying to support Hebrew.

P.s.
in case you didn't knew: in the default skin hebrew will work only with Arial based font. and Hebrew is a right to left write language.

Piers edit: I've edited your email address, otherwise expect spam.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.4.41 for Kodi 14.x - Martijn - 2014-12-25

Why does this skin have a dependency on OpenWeatherMap? This simply not acceptable and I insist that it is removed. Skin should only install the bare minimum to work and not a bunch of unrelated addons

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.4.41 for Kodi 14.x - wolfodeiwolfy - 2014-12-26

Hi, thank you very much for this mod and refresh !

I have an issue if my language is french : I cannot organise home panels in the theme settings : I have a blank window.

I too have blank windows if I want to change tv show, settings and weather background

I cannot change the musique shortcut from the home menu (I can only have mediathèque in french or english language)

can you help ?

Thanks

w2w

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.4.41 for Kodi 14.x - MadZeh - 2014-12-26

Hey Piers,

two things I would like to know:

I like your XF1080 Theme very much especially the icons, but in my humble oppinion the backgrounds of experience1080 with the color gradiant and transparency looks better than the flat ones,
Now my question: Is it possible to make a third texturepack mixed up with your new icons and the "old" backgroundtextures? Just a question, not expecting very much...

The second thing: Is it possible to publish a sample icon *.psd file to make own icons with the same gaphical effects on it? would be really really nice if it's possible.

Greetz and merry christmas

matthias

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.4.41 for Kodi 14.x - Cassiel - 2014-12-26

(2014-12-22, 00:31)Piers Wrote: 2 & 3. That appears only with Genesis, which after a quick read I can see it to manage streams and piracy... this skin wasn't designed for anything other than the official Kodi library and streams will be displayed as the URL.

That's not only happening when playing illegal streaming content, but on YouTube, Trailers, etc and should be fixed using a conditional if I'm right.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.4.41 for Kodi 14.x - Piers - 2014-12-26

(2014-12-25, 22:40)Martijn Wrote: Why does this skin have a dependency on OpenWeatherMap? This simply not acceptable and I insist that it is removed. Skin should only install the bare minimum to work and not a bunch of unrelated addons

I didn't realise it is something to be frowned upon. I'll remove it for the next update. (In my opinion it is required, as the weather screen and functionality isn't acceptable without it.)

(2014-12-26, 02:05)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: Hi, thank you very much for this mod and refresh !

I have an issue if my language is french : I cannot organise home panels in the theme settings : I have a blank window.

I too have blank windows if I want to change tv show, settings and weather background

I cannot change the musique shortcut from the home menu (I can only have mediathèque in french or english language)

can you help ?

Thanks

w2w

Please take a screenshot showing the problem.

(2014-12-26, 03:03)MadZeh Wrote: Hey Piers,

two things I would like to know:

I like your XF1080 Theme very much especially the icons, but in my humble oppinion the backgrounds of experience1080 with the color gradiant and transparency looks better than the flat ones,
Now my question: Is it possible to make a third texturepack mixed up with your new icons and the "old" backgroundtextures? Just a question, not expecting very much...

The second thing: Is it possible to publish a sample icon *.psd file to make own icons with the same gaphical effects on it? would be really really nice if it's possible.

Greetz and merry christmas

matthias

1. Backgrounds: You can use the original Xperience1080 backgrounds and drop them into the /backgrounds directory - I'll get a link for you.
2. psd: Do you mean a psd for the 1080XF icons, or the Xperience1080 icons? There 1080XF are simply plain white (expect where some shadow was required).

(2014-12-26, 03:05)Cassiel Wrote:
(2014-12-22, 00:31)Piers Wrote: 2 & 3. That appears only with Genesis, which after a quick read I can see it to manage streams and piracy... this skin wasn't designed for anything other than the official Kodi library and streams will be displayed as the URL.

That's not only happening when playing illegal streaming content, but on YouTube, Trailers, etc and should be fixed using a conditional if I'm right.

Streaming content will display the URL, that's not going to change. However, I might not be understanding you correctly.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.4.41 for Kodi 14.x - Cassiel - 2014-12-26

(2014-12-26, 04:21)Piers Wrote:
(2014-12-26, 03:05)Cassiel Wrote:

Streaming content will display the URL, that's not going to change. However, I might not be understanding you correctly.

I'm fine if the URL should be displayed instead of the video description. Just thought it was a bug, because most streaming videos also contain a description Wink