Kodi Community Forum
v14 Xperience1080 3.x - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: v14 Xperience1080 3.x (/showthread.php?tid=197125)

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Piers - 2014-12-31

(2014-12-31, 17:53)m0uthless Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 12:24)Piers Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 11:02)HansDampfHH Wrote: You have to use the AddOn OpenWeatherMap instead of Yahoo.
This was my solution ;-)

Yep, the above is true. Yahoo! will only provide basic weather for the skin, OpenWeatherMap provides full view support. Fanart images used are available as a pack - ideally I'd include them with the skin but I don't think I'm allowed to + they're somewhere near 100MB from what I remember. I'll see if I can find the link/thread to download them and add it to the first post and here.

I see the issue with the YouTube add-on, I don't use it so haven't checked but it looks like the bromix version is now the official one - the version jumped from 1.x to 5.x - confused and will read up on that but I'll check through the changes and fix what's required for an update. ETA: Today (31/12/2014).

I already use OpenWeatherMap Extended but ATM this is my weather screen situation:

You need the weather fanart pack, http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=41650

Edit: Once you have that download and set up (as per instructions in the Fanart thread), you can enable 'Show Fanart' from the menu on that screen, it will then ask you where the location is - point to that and you're done.

Edit2: I've updated the first post with detailed instructions on how to enable the fanart.

AW: RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - pizzaboy - 2014-12-31

(2014-12-31, 17:47)Piers Wrote: 3.40.58 sent to the repository.

Changes include:
- Volume change throughout skin from decibel values to percentages - as requested by more than one person.
- Fix for the Widget Trailers due to new YouTube add-on (thank you for letting me know, pizzaboy)

It should update tonight/tomorrow as usual.
Thank you! You are working very hard to keep this great skin alive. I am going to donate you a few new years party drinks right now.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Linkw3b - 2014-12-31

Hi !
Thanks for your amazing work.

I have a little problem since yesterday. An information line appears at the top of my screen and describe the current window, the focused button and the mouse position (cf image below).
I don't know why it shows up and how hide it but when I use another skin, it disappears.

Any clue ?

Thanks

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Hustler1337 - 2014-12-31

(2014-12-31, 20:13)Linkw3b Wrote: Hi !
Thanks for your amazing work.

I have a little problem since yesterday. An information line appears at the top of my screen and describe the current window, the focused button and the mouse position (cf image below).
I don't know why it shows up and how hide it but when I use another skin, it disappears.
Any clue ?

Thanks

This was answered earlier by Piers here. Wink

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Piers - 2015-01-01

The debug information went in 3.40.56, the latest version is 3.40.58 or 59 - either way it's in the repo, or should be.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - anteevy - 2015-01-01

Hi,

when playing an episode directly from the "Ongoing TV Shows" widget in the "Home" area and then stopping it, the current position is not saved - i.e. on the next start, the episode starts from the beginning. When playing an episode from the TV section and stopping it, the position is saved and on the next time playing that video it will resume there (even when starting from "Ongoing TV Shows"). Is this intended?

(2015-01-01, 15:37)anteevy Wrote: Hi,

when playing an episode directly from the "Ongoing TV Shows" widget in the "Home" area and then stopping it, the current position is not saved - i.e. on the next start, the episode starts from the beginning. When playing an episode from the TV section and stopping it, the position is saved and on the next time playing that video it will resume there (even when starting from "Ongoing TV Shows"). Is this intended?

They both work the same, I use that feature nearly all the time and am presented with an option to resume.

Really strange. This happens only when playing episodes from that widget for me, so something must be different? I'd also think that the function saving the current position when stopping a video file wouldn't care from where I had started that video... any idea what could be causing this?

There is default behaviour that will not resume if you've played x% of a video or only watched a few minutes, other than that I can't see a reason.

Yeah. If I start a video e.g. from the TV section, scroll to the middle and stop, I can resume at that position when starting the video in the "Ongoing TV Shows" widget. But no matter at what position I then stop the video, it always starts at the position stored before when I started the video from the TV section. This is so crazy.

I even tested this now by installing the newest Kodi release, adding my TV shows folder, marking 1 episode as watched and installing the skin (no settings changed at all!). After a restart the second episode of that tv show is shown in the widget and the same bug occurs.

It's not a bug since I can't reproduce it on the current version of the skin or the previous one. The resume time works from the widget, list, library view etc. If other people report it then I'll have to see some logs to try and see where the issue is happening. I've even just done exactly what you've done - resumes at the point it stopped after watching for 26m / 46m.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - AlexKruidenberg - 2015-01-01

Hello everyone,

Is there somebody who can provide the series record screen for this skin? Black glass nova, Aeon Nox 5, Aeon MQ5 and titan already support this feature.
It would be really nice if 1080XF has this too.

Sorry for my bad english.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Hustler1337 - 2015-01-01

I've noticed that on most occasions, the poster image for TV shows does not show on the OSD when streaming an episode. The description appears, but not the poster image:

The opposite is true when streaming from the Movies section - the poster image displays on the OSD and the URL is in place of the movie description.

Is it possible to have these maybe force-refreshed from the local database upon loading a video?

Thanks.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - diddle - 2015-01-02

Hi Piers,

first, thanks for taking care of this fantastic skin. Love it. Smile
Just a fews thought... running 1080XF 3.40.56 on Kodi 14 official.

Skin setting Home -> Music panel options: unable to circle through the options in both directions.

Where is the pictures category? Unable to find or enable it. ;-) Maybe I'm blind.

How to add file locations at all?

IMHO it would be great to have the possibility to disable/enable any of the available categories, include the HOME category. It should be possible to strip off anything that is not needed... e.g. if you use Kodi only for Live TV and Movies, than I would love to see only these categories.

Hope these things havn't been discussed already.

Diddle.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - anteevy - 2015-01-02

(2015-01-01, 20:24)Piers Wrote: It's not a bug since I can't reproduce it on the current version of the skin or the previous one. The resume time works from the widget, list, library view etc. If other people report it then I'll have to see some logs to try and see where the issue is happening. I've even just done exactly what you've done - resumes at the point it stopped after watching for 26m / 46m.
Haha I thought I was going crazy, but I finally found this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210479

So it's a Kodi bug and has nothing to do with your skin. Strange that you are not experiencing though, since everyone should since Kodi RC1. It thought about moving back to XBMC because it's really really PITA (and I have multiple other bugs like the "multiple paths per source" thing), but I guess I'll wait until the fix is merged...

One other thing (maybe also a more general question): I'd like to rename the "Applications" category to "Videos". No problem doing this in the xml, but I have to redo it after each update. Any chance you could make this editable in the guisettings.xml? Same with the shutdown/favs buttons. There even seems to be a setting variable it checks in Home.xml:

Code:
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HideHomeButtons)">shutdown-favs</include>

But even setting HideHomeButtons in between the other 1080XF settings variables doesn't hide the buttons, only removing the line does and obviously after an update it's there again. Tongue