Kodi Community Forum
v14 Xperience1080 3.x - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: v14 Xperience1080 3.x (/showthread.php?tid=197125)

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - pizzaboy - 2015-01-08

Please do not add too much stuff, as it tends to become very ugly over time (which you can see with various other mods of this skin) Just because you can do it does not mean it suits the look and usability of the skin.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - mjccox - 2015-01-08

Great looking skin!! Obviously a lot of work has gone into it. I'm just wondering about how to use the custom home items.

I have a folder on my computer where I download Footy games from Australia. I'm wondering how do I add a folder as a home item or even as a category? I see that there is a TYPE: Custom option. Just wondering if it's possible thanks!

MJC

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Piers - 2015-01-08

(2015-01-08, 20:24)pizzaboy Wrote: Please do not add too much stuff, as it tends to become very ugly over time (which you can see with various other mods of this skin) Just because you can do it does not mean it suits the look and usability of the skin.

That's why I'm reluctant to add what's not required or serves as a suitable aesthetic upgrade.

(2015-01-08, 22:12)mjccox Wrote: Great looking skin!! Obviously a lot of work has gone into it. I'm just wondering about how to use the custom home items.

I have a folder on my computer where I download Footy games from Australia. I'm wondering how do I add a folder as a home item or even as a category? I see that there is a TYPE: Custom option. Just wondering if it's possible thanks!

MJC

If you would like to add a (network) directory as a shortcut on the home screen, do the following:

- Add the directory to your favourites (IMPORTANT)
- Select the tile you wish to change.
- Press 'backspace' and you will see a dialog
- Select 'Favourite' from the options up/down (where it says video add-on, music add-on, custom, etc)
- Choose the favourite you've just added

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - im85288 - 2015-01-08

(2015-01-08, 20:24)pizzaboy Wrote: Please do not add too much stuff, as it tends to become very ugly over time (which you can see with various other mods of this skin) Just because you can do it does not mean it suits the look and usability of the skin.

Thanks mate Sleepy

AW: RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - pizzaboy - 2015-01-09

(2015-01-08, 23:31)im85288 Wrote:

Thanks mate Sleepy
I am sorry but thats how i see it. By widly adding Disc-Artwork and Title-Logos to numerous views, you gain zero new information but clutter the whole screen and make it a total chaos. Sorry.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Piers - 2015-01-09

(2015-01-09, 01:55)pizzaboy Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 23:31)im85288 Wrote:

Thanks mate Sleepy
I am sorry but thats how i see it. By widly adding Disc-Artwork and Title-Logos to numerous views, you gain zero new information but clutter the whole screen and make it a total chaos. Sorry.

And that's why there are two versions; 1080XF is the core skin with views sticking to the original aesthetic concept, and 1080XF MB3 is a version which, apart from the obvious MB part, offers multiple views and other parts.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - im85288 - 2015-01-09

(2015-01-09, 02:22)Piers Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 01:55)pizzaboy Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 23:31)im85288 Wrote: Thanks mate Sleepy

And that's why there are two versions; 1080XF is the core skin with views sticking to the original aesthetic concept, and 1080XF MB3 is a version which, apart from the obvious MB part, offers multiple views and other parts.

Yes I've got no issues at all with people having their opinion (no skin will ever satisfy anone)..and anyway if all you think I added was views (btw discart is optional) then I presume you haven't actually looked at the features in there. In order not to derail Piers thread I'll leave it at that but if you have suggestions for improvement of my version please post in my thread as constructive critiscm is always welcome

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - enhsuh - 2015-01-11

Quote:Want to buy me a coffee?

I just donated 5 EUR to say Thank You for this wonderful piece of work. I hope you'll enjoy your coffee Smile

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - bertbeukema - 2015-01-12

Hey there,

I love this skin and will donate. Do have a question though:

FanArts Backgrounds
I've used the 1080++ skin before Kodi and what seems to be missing is the FanArt backgrounds. For instance, in the old 1080++ skin, when I selected a movie, the background would fill with some FanArt. Same with tv-series, music, etc. In the XF skin that doesn't seem to happen which makes it a little static to my tastes. I've tried setting the backgrounds within the skin settings, but this doesn't seem to do a lot. Or the backgrounds are merged into the black background so much I can't see them anymore.

Is there any option i'm missing which should be set?

Pictures menu item
This item has disappeared from my menu, but I can't find a way to get it back. In the options there is a function to set something else to that menu item instead of pictures, but i'm not looking to replace it.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Bert

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - iceman1973 - 2015-01-13

Piers, great skin.

Do we have an eta on when to expect a fix for the "spotlight", "ongoing tv shows", "new movies" and "new tv shows" widgets so we can start using playlist. As of right now its blank when using playlist.

Thanks again for your hard work.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Brian D - 2015-01-14

(2015-01-06, 06:11)Brian D Wrote: I searched in this thread but couldn't really find anything so if I missed it sorry.

Anyway, this skin is really awesome, as I have been using an Xbox for a long time so it feels really comfortable.

However, the one thing I miss on the Xbox is hitting the bumpers to move through the menu.

I was able to map the bumpers to left/right on my controller, which works okay however the issue is that it will not work if you have hit down and selected a sub menu item. It just moves through the sub items at that point.

I want it to switch between the main menu items, no matter if a main menu item is selected, or one of it's sub items.

Does anyone know if this can be "easily" done? There doesn't seem to be any keymap for changing menu items like this.

Looking around and it seems like no one has gotten this working correct. After some trial and error I have got it working pretty well. For anyone else that wants to do it, it requires 2 scripts.

bump_left.py
Code:
import xbmcgui

win = xbmcgui.Window(xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowId())

curctl = win.getFocusId()
dialog = xbmcgui.Dialog()

if curctl == 125 or curctl == 525 or curctl == 225 or curctl == 325 or curctl == 425 or curctl == 725 or curctl == 825:
    xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Action(Left)")
else:
    xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Action(PageUp)")
    xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Action(Up)")
    xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Action(Left)")

bump_right.py
Code:
import xbmcgui

if curctl == 125 or curctl == 525 or curctl == 225 or curctl == 325 or curctl == 425 or curctl == 725 or curctl == 825:
    xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Action(Right)")
else:
    xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Action(PageUp)")
    xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Action(Up)")
    xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.Action(Right)")

The trick is you have to detect whether you are already on a main menu item or not. Currently my main menu items are 125, 525, 225, 325, 425, 725 & 825. I do not use the applications menu item so that is not included here. If your main menu item id's are different just swap yours in.

Then just modify your keymap.xml for your bumpers to point to each script like;
Code:
<button id="5">RunScript(C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\bump_right.py)</button>
<button id="6">RunScript(C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\bump_left.py)</button>

If the Id's are the same across all skin installs it should just work (as long as you have applications hidden). If not you will have to get the id's of each of your main menu items. I did this by mapping a script to the "a" key that outputs the id of whatever element has focus.

test.py
Code:
import xbmcgui

dialog.ok("Main Menu Item", str(curctl))
else:
    dialog.ok("Sub Menu Item", str(curctl))

Then map this script to a key press in your keymap.xml file like;
Code:
<keyboard>
      <a>RunScript(C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\test.py)</a>
    </keyboard>

Make sure your on a main menu item and press the "a" key. It should tell you the id. Do that for each of your main menu items and them make sure they match in the left and right bumper scripts.

No you can hit left/right bumper with any sub item selected and it will move to the next heading. Also, if you are on the shutdown/favorite portion you can get to the root menu by hitting the bumper twice, then it will work as expected. If you are above the main menu, in the special menu the bumper will cycle through that as expected.

I am not familiar with python syntax (this is my first attempt at scripting xbmc) so the scripts might be able to be cleaned up.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - dimaceti - 2015-01-14

Hey Piers,

it would be nice if you could add a netflix icon for tv shows Big Grin

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Cassiel - 2015-01-14

(2015-01-14, 10:20)dimaceti Wrote: Hey Piers,

it would be nice if you could add a netflix icon for tv shows Big Grin

Page 2 on this forum:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=176608

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - dimaceti - 2015-01-14

Perfect! Thanks a bunch.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Malmanian - 2015-01-16

Greetings Mr. Piers. You have done an excellent job to modernise and keeping this skin up to date with all the latest Kodi changes. I love the new flat, modern metro UI style. Usually the development and maintenance of most popular skins unfortunately stops after each new major XBMC release due to the changes and the mods that get updated are usually not at all true to the original baseline skin/concepts and looks and feel very bloated and unfinished without overall unity.

In this case it’s the other way around and the new updated changes, textures and codes are even lighter than the original, instead of being a new version on steroids, it’s a new version on diet and that is a very rare case these days Smile. Thanks for all the hard work and for keeping this skin alive and true to the original. Sometimes less is definitely more. Keep up the good work.

Is there any work around for the playlist bug to show the content/folder.jpg/-fanart.jpg of custom “video-playlist” / smart-playlist in the homescreen as a widget if a user wants to replace the default ones? (for example the “Ongoing TV Shows” etc.). I’ve been trying to modify the Includes_Home.xml in order to fix this issue without any success, it only shows a blank tile when a playlist is used.

PS.

Feauture request: (I also posted this in the 1080LX mod thread)
It would be great if the “Thumbnails” view could be used in file mode/custom folders etc instead of only being limited to “List view”. In the default Confluence skin along with most other skins the simple “List View” & “Thumbnails view” can be used in all modes and that makes sense since some personal music & video contents cannot be added to the library or scraped.