Kodi Community Forum
v14 Xperience1080 3.x - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: v14 Xperience1080 3.x (/showthread.php?tid=197125)

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Vlaves - 2015-01-20

First I like to thank you for that great Skin Smile

I have one feature suggest if it is possible Smile Would be great to have also a Pictures Section. Thats a Standard Main Component of Kodi, where the section for is missing.
Would it be possible to add that? That would really be great Smile

Thanks again for all your hard work Smile
Regards
Vlaves

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - butchabay - 2015-01-20

The Pictures section is by default under Applications.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Malmanian - 2015-01-20

I personally don’t use an HTPC for my picture browsing/editing needs but I can definitely see that a stand alone pictures Home section with a similar fanart slideshow/spotlight view as seen in the TV-Shows/Movies section would be great for family members in order to quickly with a glance view some of the cherished moments while browsing between the home sections.

A picture is worth a thousand words and will indeed encourage the kodi-guest users to enter the picture gallery much more than a static menu or tile with a shortcut to the picture section Smile.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Piers - 2015-01-20

(2015-01-20, 22:03)AhuraMazda Wrote: I personally don’t use an HTPC for my picture browsing/editing needs but I can definitely see that a stand alone pictures Home section with a similar fanart slideshow/spotlight view as seen in the TV-Shows/Movies section would be great for family members in order to quickly with a glance view some of the cherished moments while browsing between the home sections.

A picture is worth a thousand words and will indeed encourage the kodi-guest users to enter the picture gallery much more than a static menu or tile with a shortcut to the picture section Smile.

It's on the 'maybe' list. See the New Additions thread for changes being introduced into the next version (3.50.x)

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - da.schizzle - 2015-01-22

Would a animated widget for Advanced Launcher be possible? it is using its own database as far as i know..
Just wondering because ive added a lot of games to my htpc and would love to have a animated wiget like the ones for shows/movies.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - ASiDiE - 2015-01-22

Maybe I am missing something but when I play music on my PC/FireTV and click back, it goes to this screen. The white background is REALLY bright when you are listening in a dark bedroom. Is there a way to change this? I would prefer a solid, low tone color or even black. I thought the last Skin has like a reddish color background. I mainly use this skin on my FireTV (Looks awesome BTW) and it doesn't do Visualization.

Thanks.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Malmanian - 2015-01-22

(2015-01-22, 05:08)ASiDiE Wrote: Maybe I am missing something but when I play music on my PC/FireTV and click back, it goes to this screen. The white background is REALLY bright when you are listening in a dark bedroom. Is there a way to change this? I would prefer a solid, low tone color or even black. I thought the last Skin has like a reddish color background. I mainly use this skin on my FireTV (Looks awesome BTW) and it doesn't do Visualization.

Thanks.

If you press "Back Button" while you are in the Home Screen it will take you directly to the "Now Playing visualization screen with fanart (it shows a blank white BG when no art is available).

Go to “Settings/Skin/OSD" and “Enable Music Visualization”. And that will use the built in kodi music visualizations instead.

If you just want a black background select “None” in “Settings/Music/Visualization”.

Cheers

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - thrak76 - 2015-01-22

(2014-12-30, 04:32)Piers Wrote:
(2014-12-29, 23:59)patseguin Wrote: I am really digging this skin a lot! My only minor gripe is when I add video playlist tiles, the icon defaults to a headphones music icon. I found a suitable movie icon but it would be nice to have a selection of matching icons in the skin. Again great work! This is probably the most original and feature filled skin around! Any chance of a cover flow view and/or maybe even bluray cases?

I'm not understanding, if you add a new tile on the home screen - no matter which section - you're getting the default icon for music? As for a set of icons, I opened metroicon.net for that purpose and I could include a directory within the skin for icons specific to types if it's deemed to be a good idea.

Great skin. Thanks, Piers. I had forgotten about the 1080 skins for a while as they were not actively being worked on for some time, so I was happy to stumble upon this other day while tinkering.

To rehash patseguin's post; I am getting the same result when adding a custom playlist to the tvshow section. I am replacing the default tvshow title tile (tvshow tile 1) with a playlist, and the only icon available to choose from is the default headphones icon. I've not tried this with other sections, as tvshows is really the only section that I set up custom playlists for.

Could you elaborate on "include a directory within the skin for icons", please? I've checked out metroicon.net, and it's useful, and could solve the problem for sure. However, it's difficult to get the sizing correct and takes a lot of trial-and-error getting it right. So might you include a stash of icons with the skin, like the same icons that are already in use?

Thanks again.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - ASiDiE - 2015-01-22

(2015-01-22, 07:25)AhuraMazda Wrote:
(2015-01-22, 05:08)ASiDiE Wrote: Maybe I am missing something but when I play music on my PC/FireTV and click back, it goes to this screen. The white background is REALLY bright when you are listening in a dark bedroom. Is there a way to change this? I would prefer a solid, low tone color or even black. I thought the last Skin has like a reddish color background. I mainly use this skin on my FireTV (Looks awesome BTW) and it doesn't do Visualization.

Thanks.

If you press "Back Button" while you are in the Home Screen it will take you directly to the "Now Playing visualization screen with fanart (it shows a blank white BG when no art is available).

Go to “Settings/Skin/OSD" and “Enable Music Visualization”. And that will use the built in kodi music visualizations instead.

If you just want a black background select “None” in “Settings/Music/Visualization”.

Cheers

AhuraMazda! That is exactly what I needed. I had the Visualization selected but it did nothing (I was unaware that I had to enable it). Thanks for your time!

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Hustler1337 - 2015-01-22

Hi Piers,

I've posted this a while back but didn't get a reply.

When playing videos from the Movies section, the movie/video information does not show on the OSD but the poster image does. Instead, the video's URL is just shown.

Whereas the opposite seems to occur when streaming from the TV Show section - the episode information is shown on the OSD but not the poster image.

The results are consistent, every time I watch a movie or tv show the above results occur respectively. It's been kinda bugging me to see incomplete information/poster image on the OSD. The information and images have definitely been scraped successfully for all the movies, tv shows and episodes in my library and shows up flawlessly throughout the rest of the skin, it's only the OSD that seems to mess up for some reason.

Hope to see this fixed.

Thanks Piers. Wink

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - emilsvennesson - 2015-01-22

(2015-01-22, 19:22)Hustler1337 Wrote: Hi Piers,

I've posted this a while back but didn't get a reply.

When playing videos from the Movies section, the movie/video information does not show on the OSD but the poster image does. Instead, the video's URL is just shown.

Whereas the opposite seems to occur when streaming from the TV Show section - the episode information is shown on the OSD but not the poster image.

The results are consistent, every time I watch a movie or tv show the above results occur respectively. It's been kinda bugging me to see incomplete information/poster image on the OSD. The information and images have definitely been scraped successfully for all the movies, tv shows and episodes in my library and shows up flawlessly throughout the rest of the skin, it's only the OSD that seems to mess up for some reason.

Hope to see this fixed.

Thanks Piers. Wink

That's not skin related. It has to be something with the scraper you're using.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Dievil - 2015-01-23

Hello Piers, first thank you and congratulations for you work on this skin.

However I am having a few minor problem. First I cannot access the favorites menu. When I select favorites on the home screen nothing happens.

Second problem is a weird one, in the skin preferences when I select the manage categories everything works well, as long as I have Kodi in English language, but when I switch to my local language ( French) I have a blank menu.

And finally this is probably a Kodi related problem, but I am using a Xbox 360 controller to navigate in Kodi, and sometimes the controller just stops working.

Thank you for your help.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Piers - 2015-01-23

I have no idea what people are using to stream content - I don't stream films or TV Shows as everything is over a network (OK, so technically streaming but you get the point). As for issues with image used - that's up to the set up you have with the streaming add-on and what you've done to the scraper.

(2015-01-23, 02:54)Dievil Wrote: Hello Piers, first thank you and congratulations for you work on this skin.

However I am having a few minor problem. First I cannot access the favorites menu. When I select favorites on the home screen nothing happens.

Second problem is a weird one, in the skin preferences when I select the manage categories everything works well, as long as I have Kodi in English language, but when I switch to my local language ( French) I have a blank menu.

And finally this is probably a Kodi related problem, but I am using a Xbox 360 controller to navigate in Kodi, and sometimes the controller just stops working.

Thank you for your help.

1) That's a known issue, I'm guessing you have RSS enabled. Disabling that will fix it but it's not a fix.

2) That I have no idea about, I've tested German and English - But, thank you for letting me know. I need to see why that's happening.

3) I have absolutely no idea about that, I use a Logitech K400 on all my HTPCs (it's seriously the best HTPC keyboard I've ever used, battery lasts ~1 year).

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - cw-kid - 2015-01-23

Hi

I'm just updating to Helix and looking for a new skin, think I will try 1080xf first. Is there a list of XBMC/Kodi add-ons that the 1080xf skin supports? or add-ons it depends on?

Add-ons like:

Artwork Downloader
Artist SlideShow
CD ArtManager
Extended Info
Skin.Widgets

etc

Thanks

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.40.x for Kodi 14.x - Piers - 2015-01-23

(2015-01-23, 13:29)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

I'm just updating to Helix and looking for a new skin, think I will try 1080xf first. Is there a list of XBMC/Kodi add-ons that the 1080xf skin supports? or add-ons it depends on?

Add-ons like:

Artwork Downloader
Artist SlideShow
CD ArtManager
Extended Info
Skin.Widgets

etc

Thanks

It will install add-ons required when you install the skin, you don't need to worry about that.