Kodi Community Forum
v14 Xperience1080 3.x - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: v14 Xperience1080 3.x (/showthread.php?tid=197125)

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - Piers - 2015-01-27

(2015-01-27, 21:01)stuCONNERS Wrote: anyone know how to get to the xperience1080 theme, cant get to it from latest helix branch on github

Don't use the git version, the themes are not supported until they're in the repo. You can pack the textures from /themes/xperience1080 into an xbt and then place it in the media directory. Or wait until it's available from the repo where both themes will be available.

(2015-01-27, 21:02)stuCONNERS Wrote: Image

anyone know where to get those picons from?

Yes, me. I made them and can release a pack if requested (Freeview HD only, although open to add icons for Freesat etc).

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - thejayarr - 2015-01-27

Can't say I'm enjoying this visual update. I don't really want fanart to be so dominating on my home screen, especially on the movies tab where I think posters are more appealing to the eye. If I want to see the fanart in its entirety, I can already do that in the library so I liked having something different and more compact from the home screen. I do actually like the wider version of the Home and Weather tabs, though, contrary as it may sound.

I also miss the dark grey backgrounds for the customisable tiles, but that's because I just made some really nice icons for the few apps I use, and now they look horrible with the green and blue behind them. The grey tiles were also less distracting than these colourful ones - the fanart already widened the view more than I liked, and now there's bright colours on both sides of the screen to add to that effect. And fewer tiles may be cleaner, but it's also less functional. Sure, I could just enable the Applications tab and use the tiles there, but I don't really use enough addons to warrant that - having four on the TV Shows tab was the perfect amount and kept my home screen free of the clutter created by an extra unneeded tab.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - serpao - 2015-01-27

About the widgets in different screens.

Is really impossible/hard to do one option to "hide/unhide"? For example, i dont use the 2-4 widgets in tvshow / music, and is pretty ugly having those tiles with the "+" there. I guess if they can be hidden (for everyone who wants, obviously) can be much clearer/beautiful for those people (like me) who doesnt use them.

Thanks Smile

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - Piers - 2015-01-27

(2015-01-27, 22:13)thejayarr Wrote: Can't say I'm enjoying this visual update. I don't really want fanart to be so dominating on my home screen, especially on the movies tab where I think posters are more appealing to the eye. If I want to see the fanart in its entirety, I can already do that in the library so I liked having something different and more compact from the home screen. I do actually like the wider version of the Home and Weather tabs, though, contrary as it may sound.

I also miss the dark grey backgrounds for the customisable tiles, but that's because I just made some really nice icons for the few apps I use, and now they look horrible with the green and blue behind them. The grey tiles were also less distracting than these colourful ones - the fanart already widened the view more than I liked, and now there's bright colours on both sides of the screen to add to that effect. And fewer tiles may be cleaner, but it's also less functional. Sure, I could just enable the Applications tab and use the tiles there, but I don't really use enough addons to warrant that - having four on the TV Shows tab was the perfect amount and kept my home screen free of the clutter created by an extra unneeded tab.

Would you like an option in Skin Settings to disable extra Coloured Tiles for Movies, TV and Music?

(2015-01-27, 22:14)serpao Wrote: About the widgets in different screens.

Is really impossible/hard to do one option to "hide/unhide"? For example, i dont use the 2-4 widgets in tvshow / music, and is pretty ugly having those tiles with the "+" there. I guess if they can be hidden (for everyone who wants, obviously) can be much clearer/beautiful for those people (like me) who doesnt use them.

Thanks Smile

Those are staying.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - stuCONNERS - 2015-01-27

yeah can you release those picons.im running sky but anything you have will do lol

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - Piers - 2015-01-28

To anyone who's grabbed the latest version, or has auto-update set... you might find that there is a problem with the background fade not being displayed. I have emailed ronie to ask about this as there's no reason why this is happening.

I think those textures may have been missed from the update when packed, I'll let you know once I have a reply.

Good News Everyone! 3.44.42 fixes the following issue:

- Favourites not opening with RSS enabled

It won't be pushed to the repo for a while since there's no need for so many updates in such a short period of time. As usual it's on the repo.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - ficture - 2015-01-28

First of all thank you for the excellent skin.
I noticed in the last update, when you press Pause - quite a big pause icon appeared at the center of the screen. Is it possible to move it, may be, to the left corner and make it smaller? Sometimes it is important to see or read whatever on the screen and this icon makes it harder.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - wex101 - 2015-01-28

(2015-01-28, 03:28)Piers Wrote: To anyone who's grabbed the latest version, or has auto-update set... you might find that there is a problem with the background fade not being displayed. I have emailed ronie to ask about this as there's no reason why this is happening.

I think those textures may have been missed from the update when packed, I'll let you know once I have a reply.

Is this why everything using original textures looks super transparent? I was wondering that. Had to switch to flat textures until this gets fixed

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - wolfodeiwolfy - 2015-01-28

There is no overlay now. So I can't see the home menu. Can you plan to solve this ?

Thanks

(2015-01-28, 09:32)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: There is no overlay now. So I can't see the home menu. Can you plan to solve this ?

Thanks

4 posts up, it's explained.

Update: This one was not my fault Tongue ronie forgot to pack the additional textures, the original git pull was fine. He issued an update (that's messed my version numbers up).

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - cw-kid - 2015-01-28

Hi

There seems to be a intermittent navigational issue with the new fanart area on the Movies menu? Possible on the TV Shows menu as well.

If I push down on to the first tile on the movie menu the top left one, and then I push right arrow to highlight the fanart part, this fanart area should always use the Up/Down arrows so you can flip through the movie titles, when this is working I can then press right arrow again to get to the two titles on the right hand side OK.

However some times the fanart part starts scrolling using the Left/Right arrows and the Up/Down arrows no longer flip through the titles and then when that happens you can't navigate to the two tiles on the right hand side as you are stuck on the fanart part etc.

Hope that makes sense.

Not sure if its related to being in Windowed mode or Full screen mode, I know the menu seems to go out of sync some times when in windowed mode.

I also used the MetroIcon website to created some matching icons for the coloured tiles looks quite good!

I would also prefer an option to have four tiles turned on, on the right hand side if you want to, as I have more video add-ons I'd like to add here.

Thanks

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - cw-kid - 2015-01-28

Hi Piers

"I use Artwork Downloader all the time - I have it set to run automatically after a library update. I then select which items I want to use from the menu you're looking at - such as Poster and Fanart etc. I don't see a need for another option which does what's already available from the add-on. I've removed ClearArt and Logo from that menu in the next update, I've also re-read the Artwork Downloader skinning information to see if there's something I've missed - nope."

OK as a test I have enabled the option in the skin settings to update Artwork after a library update. I then removed the movie title "John Wick" from the library. I then went to that movies folder on the file server and deleted all the artwork files.

I then ran a library update in Helix / 1080XF. After the Universal Movie Scraper scan had completed nothing happened I could not see that Artwork Downloader was then running? No new artwork could be seen in the movies folder on the file server. Was it running in silent mode perhaps? I was expecting to see in the top right hand corner of Helix that Artwork Downloader was scanning. Checking the Artwork Downloader add-on settings, I do not have the option "Run in background" enabled.

Looking in New Movies I could see that "John Wick" had been added back in to the library OK and it had a poster and fanart that Universal Movie Scrapper had assigned. I double checked the setting update Artwork after a library update in the skin options and it was still enabled.

So I then removed the movie title again from the library and closed and reopened Helix and ran a video library update again. And the same thing happened which is nothing. Or nothing I can see happening on screen and no new artwork files are appearing for this "John Wick" title on the file server.

What mode of Artwork Downloader is this option in the skin settings meant to run? Full Auto mode (entire library) ? Or is it smart enough just to run against the newly added titles and only find artwork for those?

Artwork Downloader Full Auto mode is fine for smaller libraries but on large libraries its probably not the mode you want to be running on a regular basis.

I still say for full Artwork Downloader compatibility you need a menu option somewhere to be able to also run Artwork Downloader in Solo mode against individual titles. Pretty Please!

On that options menu you could change the existing "Update Art" option to "Update All Art" which is more descriptive of what it actually does and for Artwork Downloader Solo mode perhaps call it "Update Title Art".

If you jump to 2:25 on this Youtube video here you can see he selects to run Artwork Downloader Solo mode against an individual movie title, it then pops up at the top and says its downloaded 6 pieces of artwork for that particular title, these artwork files if set to do so are saved in the movies folder on the NAS / File server. There is also a report option you can select to see which artwork it actually grabbed.

Cheers

(2015-01-28, 12:43)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

There seems to be a intermittent navigational issue with the new fanart area on the Movies menu? Possible on the TV Shows menu as well.

If I push down on to the first tile on the movie menu the top left one, and then I push right arrow to highlight the fanart part, this fanart area should always use the Up/Down arrows so you can flip through the movie titles, when this is working I can then press right arrow again to get to the two titles on the right hand side OK.

However some times the fanart part starts scrolling using the Left/Right arrows and the Up/Down arrows no longer flip through the titles and then when that happens you can't navigate to the two tiles on the right hand side as you are stuck on the fanart part etc.

Hope that makes sense.

Not sure if its related to being in Windowed mode or Full screen mode, I know the menu seems to go out of sync some times when in windowed mode.

I also used the MetroIcon website to created some matching icons for the coloured tiles looks quite good!

I would also prefer an option to have four tiles turned on, on the right hand side if you want to, as I have more video add-ons I'd like to add here.

Thanks

I have absolutely no idea what you're seeing that - it's not in the code and wasn't reported in the few weeks of pre-release testing. A video would help but it doesn't act that way on any of my installs.

(2015-01-28, 13:44)cw-kid Wrote: Hi Piers

"I use Artwork Downloader all the time - I have it set to run automatically after a library update. I then select which items I want to use from the menu you're looking at - such as Poster and Fanart etc. I don't see a need for another option which does what's already available from the add-on. I've removed ClearArt and Logo from that menu in the next update, I've also re-read the Artwork Downloader skinning information to see if there's something I've missed - nope."

OK as a test I have enabled the option in the skin settings to update Artwork after a library update. I then removed the movie title "John Wick" from the library. I then went to that movies folder on the file server and deleted all the artwork files.

I then ran a library update in Helix / 1080XF. After the Universal Movie Scraper scan had completed nothing happened I could not see that Artwork Downloader was then running? No new artwork could be seen in the movies folder on the file server. Was it running in silent mode perhaps? I was expecting to see in the top right hand corner of Helix that Artwork Downloader was scanning. Checking the Artwork Downloader add-on settings, I do not have the option "Run in background" enabled.

Looking in New Movies I could see that "John Wick" had been added back in to the library OK and it had a poster and fanart that Universal Movie Scrapper had assigned. I double checked the setting update Artwork after a library update in the skin options and it was still enabled.

So I then removed the movie title again from the library and closed and reopened Helix and ran a video library update again. And the same thing happened which is nothing. Or nothing I can see happening on screen and no new artwork files are appearing for this "John Wick" title on the file server.

What mode of Artwork Downloader is this option in the skin settings meant to run? Full Auto mode (entire library) ? Or is it smart enough just to run against the newly added titles and only find artwork for those?

Artwork Downloader Full Auto mode is fine for smaller libraries but on large libraries its probably not the mode you want to be running on a regular basis.

I still say for full Artwork Downloader compatibility you need a menu option somewhere to be able to also run Artwork Downloader in Solo mode against individual titles. Pretty Please!

On that options menu you could change the existing "Update Art" option to "Update All Art" which is more descriptive of what it actually does and for Artwork Downloader Solo mode perhaps call it "Update Title Art".

If you jump to 2:25 on this Youtube video here you can see he selects to run Artwork Downloader Solo mode against an individual movie title, it then pops up at the top and says its downloaded 6 pieces of artwork for that particular title, these artwork files if set to do so are saved in the movies folder on the NAS / File server. There is also a report option you can select to see which artwork it actually grabbed.

Cheers

Can you let me know how you have the add-on configured? I've changed the settings on mine and it works exactly as it should.