Kodi Community Forum
v14 Xperience1080 3.x - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: v14 Xperience1080 3.x (/showthread.php?tid=197125)

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - wex101 - 2015-01-28

(2015-01-28, 19:40)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 12:06)Piers Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 09:32)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: There is no overlay now. So I can't see the home menu. Can you plan to solve this ?

Thanks

4 posts up, it's explained.

Update: This one was not my fault Tongue ronie forgot to pack the additional textures, the original git pull was fine. He issued an update (that's messed my version numbers up).

Ok thanks.

But, now, with the new version, there is no more overlay.png

The overlay.png in v3.44.42 is really to dark and i can't see home backgrounds (which aren't back).

So I have now 2 question :

1) where can I modify background fade on home screen
2) where to download previous version before 3.44 and is changes?

thanks

w2w

It's fixed just let the skin update

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - KarlSchlag - 2015-01-29

I really love your skin piers, and I like the new layout, but is possible to see covers instead of fanarts in the main sections. All these fanarts are nice but I prefer looking at covers(like in the previous version) Maybe it is possible to show 3 covers next to each other, so this won't break your layout.
Keep up the great work.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - serpao - 2015-01-29

The weather is not working for me today. Dont know if is a skin problem or "addon: openweather extended" problem.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - Mesoptier - 2015-01-29

For some reason, there is no more background overlay... I looked in the code and found a reference to fade/overlay.png, which I couldn't find in either of the .xbt files.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - komplex - 2015-01-29

(2015-01-29, 02:23)Mesoptier Wrote: For some reason, there is no more background overlay... I looked in the code and found a reference to fade/overlay.png, which I couldn't find in either of the .xbt files.

Pretty sure that was fixed with the last update

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - Mesoptier - 2015-01-29

(2015-01-29, 02:26)komplex Wrote: Pretty sure that was fixed with the last update
I reinstalled it, and the problem's still there.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - elmcguinness - 2015-01-29

(2015-01-26, 02:26)Piers Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 02:06)elmcguinness Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 21:53)Piers Wrote: Quoted from another report of the same (an oversight - an annoying one!):

I've already submitted 3.44.22 which removes the debugging text. If you want it gone now you can edit addon.xml and set debugging="false". Sorry!

Or if ya want a bash one-liner:
Code:
sed -i addon.xml s/debugging=\"true\"/debugging=\"false\"/

Yep, that'll do it as well Smile But the majority use Windows (including myself for developing.

Well then install Cygwin and let the linux times roll! Big Grin
I'm on Win7 btw heh

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - komplex - 2015-01-29

(2015-01-29, 03:49)Mesoptier Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 02:26)komplex Wrote: Pretty sure that was fixed with the last update

Check the version number, the one i have is 3.44.41 and its normal

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - iceman1973 - 2015-01-29

Piers,

Once again thanks for your hard work but is there way to get back to old overlays? The experience1080 theme looks to bright and the default looks kind of too dark maybe. Just my opinion but I liked the previous overlay best.

Thanks again.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - Piers - 2015-01-29

Please read my post a page back... ronie forgot to to include the overlay when adding to the repo - this is one issue I had no part in Tongue

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - ficture - 2015-01-29

Another suggestion - is it possible to add this extremely important setting, as in Minimalistic skin: Stop Video On Return To Menu. It will stop the video playback, when you press Back button on remote.

(2015-01-28, 17:44)wex101 Wrote: After reading through posts on here about complaints over wider widgets I just want to let you know I think you made the right decision. It really is the natural progression of the skin and it makes sense that you'd use all the screen space you can. Plus it just simply looks really really good. I can see, once the dust has settled, having the original aspect ratios of the home screen being an option for those that are committed to black's original design. Nonetheless, thank you! Between this on one machine and mediabrowser edition on the other I couldn't ask for a better supported more pleasing set up.

Thank you, I also see it as natural progression - but tweaking is still needed (the library stats area, for example). I will either introduce an option or provide a Helix-compatible Xperience1080. I have been maintain Xperience1080 so it's not too hard to do.

(2015-01-28, 19:40)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 12:06)Piers Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 09:32)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: There is no overlay now. So I can't see the home menu. Can you plan to solve this ?

Thanks

4 posts up, it's explained.

Update: This one was not my fault Tongue ronie forgot to pack the additional textures, the original git pull was fine. He issued an update (that's messed my version numbers up).

Ok thanks.

But, now, with the new version, there is no more overlay.png

The overlay.png in v3.44.42 is really to dark and i can't see home backgrounds (which aren't back).

So I have now 2 question :

1) where can I modify background fade on home screen
2) where to download previous version before 3.44 and is changes?

thanks

w2w

1) The overlays are the same as previous versions - but moved. Since you're the 20th person to mention the overlay being too dark... I'll change it. I use my main TV as the bencmark, which is professionally calibrated - it looks fine on there.

2) All previous versions are entirely unsupported, you will some in the mirrors section. Please remember, apart from the changes made to the home screen, there are also fixes for outstanding issues.

(2015-01-28, 21:18)jodit Wrote: Good work Piers,

I realy like your skin... Just I would like to contribute with some ideas:

- Is posible to eliminate Settings section in home categories (or create a options to disable it) ?¿ In my opinion is not a media content and I don't like to see it on the home menus. Preferably, these will be better separately, for example the side of "favorites" (see picture):

IMAGE REMOVED

- Create an "application widget" for example with games thumbs or games pictures of internet games news, ...

- Live TV section, for me the must used...
this is very good in my opinion:

IMAGE REMOVED

But inside Live TV section I don't like the current design, I prefer for example these views of im85288 MOD:

current design:

IMAGE REMOVED

im85288 changes:

IMAGE REMOVED

IMAGE REMOVED

IMAGE REMOVED

Also, the current EPG looks nice...

Personaly, with these changes skin would be much better... Big Grin

1) Nope, that's staying (although Library stats may be removed - I'm not too keen on that section). Removing, or moving, the whole settings area completing goes against the skin flow.

2) That's the Live TV proposed design, there are a few issues at the moment which is why it's not released or on git - but it's coded.

3, 4, 5 & 6) Nope, that section is staying the way it is. There is absolutely no need to offer a billion viewtypes - this clutters up the skin and is what mods are for.

(2015-01-28, 21:49)rafisher79 Wrote: Hey, just registered for this forum to say thanks. Great skin!

Thank you Big Grin

(2015-01-28, 22:12)benbour Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 21:18)jodit Wrote: Good work Piers,

I realy like your skin... Just I would like to contribute with some ideas:

- Is posible to eliminate Settings section in home categories (or create a options to disable it) ?¿ In my opinion is not a media content and I don't like to see it on the home menus. Preferably, these will be better separately, for example the side of "favorites" (see picture):

IMAGE REMOVED

- Create an "application widget" for example with games thumbs or games pictures of internet games news, ...

- Live TV section, for me the must used...
this is very good in my opinion:

IMAGE REMOVED

But inside Live TV section I don't like the current design, I prefer for example these views of im85288 MOD:

current design:

IMAGE REMOVED

im85288 changes:

IMAGE REMOVED

IMAGE REMOVED

IMAGE REMOVED

Also, the current EPG looks nice...

Personaly, with these changes skin would be much better... Big Grin

I agree with the settings being moved down and out of main screen. Also is it possible to loop through menu items?

Example: if I keep selecting right, when I get to the end, instead of reaching a "dead end", it would loop back to the beginning!

Thanks!

Not going to change, the skin has a specific flow and this would ruin it (see above reply).

(2015-01-29, 00:13)KarlSchlag Wrote: I really love your skin piers, and I like the new layout, but is possible to see covers instead of fanarts in the main sections. All these fanarts are nice but I prefer looking at covers(like in the previous version) Maybe it is possible to show 3 covers next to each other, so this won't break your layout.
Keep up the great work.

Thank you Smile

Secondly, that is going to clutter the skin up, the home screen is purely for convenience - like any skin. Once you've entered the section you have multiple viewtypes to choose from.

(2015-01-29, 00:59)serpao Wrote: The weather is not working for me today. Dont know if is a skin problem or "addon: openweather extended" problem.

Not at issue with the skin.

(2015-01-29, 02:23)Mesoptier Wrote: For some reason, there is no more background overlay... I looked in the code and found a reference to fade/overlay.png, which I couldn't find in either of the .xbt files.

ronie forgot to pack the additional textures - the version he pulled from git was fine. He's bumped the version to 3.44.41 to fix that, you can grab it from the mirror service.

(2015-01-29, 03:49)Mesoptier Wrote:

See above reply.

(2015-01-29, 04:11)elmcguinness Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 02:26)Piers Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 02:06)elmcguinness Wrote: Or if ya want a bash one-liner:
Code:
sed -i addon.xml s/debugging=\"true\"/debugging=\"false\"/

Yep, that'll do it as well Smile But the majority use Windows (including myself for developing.

Well then install Cygwin and let the linux times roll! Big Grin
I'm on Win7 btw heh

True Tongue I use linux, but only on servers.

(2015-01-29, 06:47)ficture Wrote: Another suggestion - is it possible to add this extremely important setting, as in Minimalistic skin: Stop Video On Return To Menu. It will stop the video playback, when you press Back button on remote.

Maybe, but I need an explanation why you can't just press the X or stop button?

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - iceman1973 - 2015-01-29

(2015-01-29, 06:35)Piers Wrote: Please read my post a page back... ronie forgot to to include the overlay when adding to the repo - this is one issue I had no part in Tongue

To be clear I meant since the last update that made the fixes to the missing overlays. I think the previous overlays looked better.

(2015-01-29, 09:32)iceman1973 Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 06:35)Piers Wrote: Please read my post a page back... ronie forgot to to include the overlay when adding to the repo - this is one issue I had no part in Tongue

To be clear I meant since the last update that made the fixes to the missing overlays. I think the previous overlays looked better.

Previous overlays? He missed the overlay textures out entirely, so what you saw was the skin without any overlay!

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - Malmanian - 2015-01-29

(2015-01-29, 08:24)Piers Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 00:13)KarlSchlag Wrote: I really love your skin piers, and I like the new layout, but is possible to see covers instead of fanarts in the main sections. All these fanarts are nice but I prefer looking at covers(like in the previous version) Maybe it is possible to show 3 covers next to each other, so this won't break your layout.
Keep up the great work.

Thank you Smile

Secondly, that is going to clutter the skin up, the home screen is purely for convenience - like any skin. Once you've entered the section you have multiple viewtypes to choose from.

I agree with Piers that 3 sliding poster covers next to each other horizontally will clutter the Movies section. I also prefer Posters as KarlSchlag mentioned, I actually prefer the “Home” layout (with fanart+poster) more than the “Movies” section as it draws more attention to itself.

I’ve converted my “Home” category to “Movies” as my start-page, some users might not want to lose 2 tiles for the poster-slideshow, but it is worth the cost in my opinion since the Poster widget looks great next to the Fanart widget and definitely draws much more attention to the Movies section for the HTPC-guest users.

Img: