Kodi Community Forum
v14 Xperience1080 3.x - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: v14 Xperience1080 3.x (/showthread.php?tid=197125)

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - eskay993 - 2015-01-29

(2015-01-29, 06:47)ficture Wrote: Another suggestion - is it possible to add this extremely important setting, as in Minimalistic skin: Stop Video On Return To Menu. It will stop the video playback, when you press Back button on remote.

No need for this to be part of the skin. You can achieve this very easily with a keymap setting. PM me and I can help you with that.

Piers, people can indeed press X if using a keyboard or a remote with a Stop button they can map, but the reason it's useful is because many (like me) use things like Fire TV remotes that have limited buttons. Having the Back key stop the video is essential in this scenario imho. As I say though it doesn't need to be a skin feature. Can just be a keymap.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - eskay993 - 2015-01-29

(2015-01-29, 14:58)AhuraMazda Wrote: I’ve converted my “Home” category to “Movies” as my start-page, some users might not want to lose 2 tiles for the poster-slideshow, but it is worth the cost in my opinion since the Poster widget looks great next to the Fanart widget and definitely draws much more attention to the Movies section for the HTPC-guest users.

Img:

Good tip! I never really found a use for the Home screen, so I might just do that Smile I don;t mind loosing two icons for the posters.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - Piers - 2015-01-29

(2015-01-29, 15:17)eskay993 Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 06:47)ficture Wrote: Another suggestion - is it possible to add this extremely important setting, as in Minimalistic skin: Stop Video On Return To Menu. It will stop the video playback, when you press Back button on remote.

img

No need for this to be part of the skin. You can achieve this very easily with a keymap setting. PM me and I can help you with that.

Piers, people can indeed press X if using a keyboard or a remote with a Stop button they can map, but the reason it's useful is because many (like me) use things like Fire TV remotes that have limited buttons. Having the Back key stop the video is essential in this scenario imho. As I say though it doesn't need to be a skin feature. Can just be a keymap.

Ah right, I don't own a Firetv so have no idea about that. In that case it might be worth adding.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - ficture - 2015-01-29

(2015-01-29, 08:24)Piers Wrote:

Maybe, but I need an explanation why you can't just press the X or stop button?

The problem is, I am using Android box and many of them have limited remote functionality. There is no dedicated stop button, only Play/Pause... Also it is not possible to program universal remote to assign Kodi commands, as it is not supported by the box as well Sad So this option could be useful for people using such devices.

(2015-01-29, 18:32)ficture Wrote:
(2015-01-29, 08:24)Piers Wrote:

Maybe, but I need an explanation why you can't just press the X or stop button?

The problem is, I am using Android box and many of them have limited remote functionality. There is no dedicated stop button, only Play/Pause... Also it is not possible to program universal remote to assign Kodi commands, as it is not supported by the box as well Sad So this option could be useful for people using such devices.

I have an Android box, actually I have three but don't use any - when I did I just plugged in my K400 wireless keyboard/mouse. That was Android 4 - so quite some time ago.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - cw-kid - 2015-01-29

Hi

Are there any instructions some where on how to change the Movie menu - sub menus? I've searched but not found anything that works.
For example I rarely use Years / Studios / Countries if I could change these to point to video playlists I have like "Kids Movies" and "PG-13 Movies" it would be better.

Which XML files do I need to edit?

Thanks

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - Malmanian - 2015-01-29

(2015-01-29, 20:46)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

Are there any instructions some where on how to change the Movie menu - sub menus? I've searched but not found anything that works.
For example I rarely use Years / Studios / Countries if I could change these to point to video playlists I have like "Kids Movies" and "PG-13 Movies" it would be better.

Which XML files do I need to edit?

Thanks

Greetings!

.xml for Movies sub-menu:
Custom_HomeSubmenuMovies.xml

Example for your “"Kids Movies” playlist to replace ”Studios”

In row 71-77 rename <label>$LOCALIZE[20388]</label> to <label>Kids Movies</label>

Code:
<control type="label">
                <description>Studios</description>
                <include>HomeLabel</include>
                <label>$LOCALIZE[20388]</label>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="30" time="300" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="!Container(3).HasFocus(7)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="zoom"  start="100" end="80" time="300" tween="cubic" easing="inout" center="auto" condition="!Container(3).HasFocus(7)">Conditional</animation>
            </control>

Now browse down to row 145-149

*Copy the entire line in green (change the "YourPlaylistName" as shown below to the name of your playlist)

<onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/YourPlaylistName.xsp&quot;,return)</onclick>

*Phaste it over the old line:

<onclick>ActivateWindow(videos,moviestudios,return)</onclick>

hope this helps, do the same for the other unwanted sub-menus, or your could also exclude the controls and items "<!-- code -->" that you don't want.

Many thanks AhuraMazda I will give that a try!

(2015-01-29, 15:24)eskay993 Wrote: Good tip! I never really found a use for the Home screen, so I might just do that Smile I don;t mind loosing two icons for the posters.

I think the Home Screen is great for those that use the TV-Shows section with contents and can use the TV-Shows widget in the home screen next to the movies. But if you don’t have any TV-Shows content and only use the Home screen widgets to show movie-related contents then it feels a bit like a duplicated Movies section and a bit unnecessary, that’s why I have no use for it right now but that might change in the future when I add a TV tuner to my setup Smile in order to benefit from all the excellent progress that Piers has done to those sections.

An Ideal Home Screen in my opinion should have a widget from all the three main sections. For example “Latest Music Albums” “Latest Movies Poster” “Latest TV Shows Poster or fanart” and if room left 2 tiles. In Most custom Hotel Media Centres the home screen is the most important screen and most hotell-guests usually never go any deeper than that and purchse & play what’s offered in the homescreen.

OK I've done that and edited the "Years" sub-menu item, however nothing changes in the UI it still says Years and goes to movie years etc.

I edited this file:

C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.1080xf\1080i\Custom_HomeSubmenuMovies.xml

Changed the label:

Code:
<control type="label">
                <description>Years</description>
                <label>PG-13 Movies</label>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="30" time="300" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="!Container(3).HasFocus(4)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="zoom"  start="100" end="80" time="300" tween="cubic" easing="inout" center="auto" condition="!Container(3).HasFocus(4)">Conditional</animation>
            </control>

And added the line to the video playlist

Code:
<item id="4">          
                    <label>-</label>
                    <onclick>PreviousMenu</onclick>
                    <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/playlists/video/PG-13 Movies.xsp",return)</onclick>
                </item>

Tried closing and re-opening Kodi but when I go to Movies sub-menu years is still there.

EDIT: It works!

My fault I first made a copy of the Custom_HomeSubmenuMovies.xml file in the same directory and called it Custom_HomeSubmenuMovies-Original.xml

It was still reading that XML file I changed the extension to .old and now its reading my modified Custom_HomeSubmenuMovies.xml file.

Great I can now start customizing these sub-menus.

(2015-01-29, 21:43)cw-kid Wrote: OK I've done that and edited the "Years" sub-menu item, however nothing changes in the UI it still says Years and goes to movie years etc.

I edited this file:

C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.1080xf\1080i\Custom_HomeSubmenuMovies.xml

Changed the label:

Code:
<control type="label">
                <description>Years</description>
                <label>PG-13 Movies</label>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="30" time="300" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="!Container(3).HasFocus(4)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="zoom"  start="100" end="80" time="300" tween="cubic" easing="inout" center="auto" condition="!Container(3).HasFocus(4)">Conditional</animation>
            </control>

And added the line to the video playlist

Code:
<item id="4">          
                    <label>-</label>
                    <onclick>PreviousMenu</onclick>
                    <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/playlists/video/PG-13 Movies.xsp",return)</onclick>
                </item>

Tried closing and re-opening Kodi but when I go to Movies sub-menu years is still there.

----
/EDIT: (removed my old post) Now that I saw your edited text Smile, glad that it works, i hope you get the playlists to work as you wish, the sub-menus are indeed very useful and keeps the movies section clean, I would rather use the sub-menus instead of using 6 tiles in the movies section, that's why the new movies layout with only 4 tiles works great as well as looking cleaner.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - igork - 2015-01-29

Thanks for great skin! When the stream (from youtube for example) is buffering it just says paused. Would it be possible to include caching/buffering information with percentage in paused screen like in Confluence skin?

Can you have a sub menu on the HOME menu ? That would be handy for running all sorts of things.

And can you create a whole new top level menu item / area ?

Getting a head of my coding skills now but would be good if its possible.

EDIT:

This helps as well:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs

Or even a sub menu for the APPLICATIONS menu would be useful.

(2015-01-29, 22:05)cw-kid Wrote: Can you have a sub menu on the HOME menu ? That would be handy for running all sorts of things.

And can you create a whole new top level menu item / area ?

Getting a head of my coding skills now but would be good if its possible.

EDIT:

This helps as well:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs

Yes you can add custom sub-menus to any of the home-menus you wish but that would require additional code changes to Includes_Home.xml for this skin as well as creating a new custom xml for your new submenus. With deeper modifications it would be best to disable the Kodi auto-updates for the add-ons so that the skin doesn’t auto update itself, because it will revert back to default after each update and your family/kids/guest-HTPC users will wonder what happened to the new sub-menus that they got used to.

You're all welcome to add customisations to the dedicated customisation thread - please try and keep them out of this one as it makes it harder to find bug reports and questions.