Kodi Community Forum
v14 Xperience1080 3.x - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: v14 Xperience1080 3.x (/showthread.php?tid=197125)

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - Piers - 2015-02-02

(2015-02-02, 00:44)cw-kid Wrote: Piers

The answer is in the description of the actual skin setting

"Update art (landscape, logo, clearart) after database update"

After more testing adding other new movie titles, that's all it does! It just auto initiates an Artwork Downloader scan for those three types of artwork only, which seems pretty pointless.

I was expecting it to do more.. Ideally it should download all the artwork types available or we should have another skin settings option to download all the artwork types after a video database update.

If I can find the code location I could change its behaviour.

The setting is actually working, but not as I expected it should do.

Cheers

So... I was correct - it's working but just not as you want it to. I'm getting near to a full feature freeze as work on the version for Kodi 15.x needs to continue. So really fixes will be all that I plan on adding (that may change). I'll look into adding an additional option that performs what you expect.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - Hasten - 2015-02-02

Hi!

First of, thanks for a great skin! I just changed from Aeon MQ5 and i really like the look on this even more than Aeon that I have been using for a long long time.

I am having one issue though. My Spotlight widget won't populate with content. I have tried removing and adding my video library and reloading the skin. I also checked all the add ons to make sure that they were installed and on the correct version, and they were. When I start Kodi, it looks like the widget is looking for content (spinning white circle animation) but it goes away rather quickly and no images replace it.

Could you advice on how to proceed? It really looks boring to not have the Spotlight panel full of content Smile

Again, thanks for a great skin!

(2015-02-02, 01:54)Hasten Wrote: Hi!

First of, thanks for a great skin! I just changed from Aeon MQ5 and i really like the look on this even more than Aeon that I have been using for a long long time.

I am having one issue though. My Spotlight widget won't populate with content. I have tried removing and adding my video library and reloading the skin. I also checked all the add ons to make sure that they were installed and on the correct version, and they were. When I start Kodi, it looks like the widget is looking for content (spinning white circle animation) but it goes away rather quickly and no images replace it.

Could you advice on how to proceed? It really looks boring to not have the Spotlight panel full of content Smile

Is your content local or using a p2p streaming service?

cw-kid

I've added this JUST for you.

Two modes:
1) Manual Mode
This will open a dialog and allow you to select each item - it will not set the item but it will download it.

2) Background Mode
This will download all items to the directory (assuming you have 'Local files' set in Artwork Downloader options. Again it will not set the items but will download them and allow you to select them from the directory.

This has taken quite some time but it's now finished.

Say hello to the new Lyrics screen and controls Smile

default theme

xperience1080 theme

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - cw-kid - 2015-02-02

(2015-02-02, 02:54)Piers Wrote: cw-kid

I've added this JUST for you.

Two modes:
1) Manual Mode
This will open a dialog and allow you to select each item - it will not set the item but it will download it.

2) Background Mode
This will download all items to the directory (assuming you have 'Local files' set in Artwork Downloader options. Again it will not set the items but will download them and allow you to select them from the directory.

Excellent sounds good!

I'll stop bugging you now LOL.

Gonna update the main HTPC's round the house today with Helix / 1080XF

Which add-on drives the home menu widgets?

If I change one to Trending Movies for example I get nothing its just grey.

This was the list of add-on list you gave me earlier.

<import addon="service.skin.widgets" version="0.0.29" />
<import addon="script.artwork.downloader" version="12.0.29" />
<import addon="script.tv.show.next.aired" version="6.0.13" />
<import addon="script.globalsearch" version="3.0.4" />
<import addon="script.favourites" version="6.0.1" />
<import addon="script.artistslideshow" version="1.7.0" />
<import addon="script.videolanguage" version="0.1.0" />
<import addon="script.randomandlastitems" version="2.2.2" />

So do I still need the ExtendedInfo.Script and the Metadata Actors Script installed?

Thanks.

P.S the skin looks amazing on the 42" HDTV running on OpenElec Helix!

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - komplex - 2015-02-02

ExtendedInfo.Script https://github.com/phil65/script.extendedinfo is what makes the trending movies/tv shows stuff work, i think its also in the official Kodi repo

Hi Komplex

I already had ExtendedInfo.Script installed was version 2.0.3.

Think I can un-install Metadata Actors Script now as Aeon MQ5 used it but don't think 1080XF does?

It seems to be working now after a reboot and waiting some time for those panels to populate.

On the HOME menu now I have trending movies and trending shows appearing OK.

Seems if you change these widgets you need to close Kodi and re-open it for it to start working etc.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - komplex - 2015-02-02

Yeah the widgets take time to file up after a new install i usually just play something or refresh library/reload skin and it does be fine, i have no clue about the Metadata Actors Script not even sure i have it

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - benbour - 2015-02-02

(2015-02-02, 00:44)cw-kid Wrote: Piers

The answer is in the description of the actual skin setting

"Update art (landscape, logo, clearart) after database update"

After more testing adding other new movie titles, that's all it does! It just auto initiates an Artwork Downloader scan for those three types of artwork only, which seems pretty pointless.

I was expecting it to do more.. Ideally it should download all the artwork types available or we should have another skin settings option to download all the artwork types after a video database update.

If I can find the code location I could change its behaviour.

The setting is actually working, but not as I expected it should do.

Cheers

Yes please!

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - Hustler1337 - 2015-02-02

Suggestion #1 - Highlighted in red

This is more of an aesthetic suggestion, but would it be possible to have the url of a video when streaming displayed below the video description rather than above? The url is highlighted in red in the screenshot.

Suggestion #2 - Highlighted in green

I've also noticed that when you stream a video, the poster image of the video is displayed much smaller than it normally is, also making it aesthetically displeasing and non-uniform compared to when you play videos locally. Would it be possible to make the poster image larger for streams, consistent with how it is when viewing local files? Otherwise it seems kinda odd. Confused

Streaming:

Playing videos locally:

Thanks Piers.

(2015-02-02, 19:33)Hustler1337 Wrote: Suggestion #1 - Highlighted in red

This is more of an aesthetic suggestion, but would it be possible to have the url of a video when streaming displayed below the video description rather than above? The url is highlighted in red in the screenshot.

Suggestion #2 - Highlighted in green

I've also noticed that when you stream a video, the poster image of the video is displayed much smaller than it normally is, also making it aesthetically displeasing and non-uniform compared to when you play videos locally. Would it be possible to make the poster image larger for streams, consistent with how it is when viewing local files? Otherwise it seems kinda odd. Confused

Streaming:

Playing videos locally:

Thanks Piers.

All the content for streaming is handled (mostly) the same as any other library item. As long as you have it scanned and set up correctly then it will work. I've said this repeatedly, I don't use streaming-library type add-ons. If you can suggest one that does not involve illegal content then I'm happy to try it out.

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - seveneleven - 2015-02-03

I cant seem to find this in any of the repos I have installed - Super, Kodi Default, etc....

Is there a repo I can install that has this skin?

Thanks

RE: (Helix) 1080XF 3.44 for Kodi 14.x - Hasten - 2015-02-03

(2015-02-02, 02:51)Piers Wrote:
(2015-02-02, 01:54)Hasten Wrote: Hi!

Is your content local or using a p2p streaming service?

All my content is local. On a NAS and hence not the same machine but still local files.