Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - logan_x50 - 2014-09-28

(2014-09-28, 13:17)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-09-28, 11:02)logan_x50 Wrote: @marcelveldt fantastic work on this skin. I love it. Have you considered a good old fashioned thumbnail gallery view?

Thanks!
As for the thumbnail view, do you have an example of that ? Than I can see what I can do.

Its official. Your skin rocks. It replaces Amber for me which I thought was a permanent fixture.

Here from Amber a couple of views I like. The best for me is the "Big Panel" view

Also Icon View

Confluence Thumbnail is I suppose the "classic"

having played some more:-
  • Can you add "log off" option to the power off menu. this is easier for the kids to switch to their profile.
  • Can you add the option to "auto-show" the recently added movies instead of the extra navigation from the home screen? I think you could call this "auto show home shelf"
  • When selecting an an image for a favourite i have added to the home menu it doesn't auto scale as it does for e.g. movie fanart and so only the top of the image shows. what should be the resolution?

thanks again for this fantastic skin. I'm blown away. Keep up the great work.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-28

(2014-09-28, 14:51)logan_x50 Wrote: Its official. Your skin rocks. It replaces Amber for me which I thought was a permanent fixture.
Here from Amber a couple of views I like. The best for me is the "Big Panel" view
Thanks a lot for the positive feedback.
I'm currently fixing some issues (slow loading) with the widgets, will add the thumbnail views too. Would be great if you're willing to test it out later today or tomorrow.

(2014-09-28, 14:51)logan_x50 Wrote: Can you add "log off" option to the power off menu. this is easier for the kids to switch to their profile.
Done, available in next update.
(2014-09-28, 14:51)logan_x50 Wrote: Can you add the option to "auto-show" the recently added movies instead of the extra navigation from the home screen? I think you could call this "auto show home shelf"
Uhm, you can use the submenu for that. Also, if you're using MediaBrowser (XBMB3C) you can add a direct tile to "latest movies" or any other user defined collection. Just look in the skin settings --> skin mode where you enabled the Mediabrowser integration. Besides that you can use the "custom tiles" to create a link to virtually anywhere in XBMC. Just add something to favorites and you're set to create a custom tile for it.
Or do you mean to "auto show" the submenu for tiles that have one, so you don't have to press a key to show it ?

(2014-09-28, 14:51)logan_x50 Wrote: [*]When selecting an an image for a favourite i have added to the home menu it doesn't auto scale as it does for e.g. movie fanart and so only the top of the image shows. what should be the resolution?
I don't like stretched/squeezed images myself so I intend to use "scale" instead of "stretch" anywhere in the skin.
If you want to create you own tile images you've got to get the right aspect ratio for images, maybe I can find a way to improve that someday.
In the meanwhile you can use this size for your own images: 623 for the width and 271 for height, but off course you can use larger images as long as you keep that aspect ratio. If you're also using the "live tile background" I can recommend you 1869x813 pixels or even higher.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - logan_x50 - 2014-09-28

(2014-09-28, 14:51)logan_x50 Wrote: p.s. When I select my second profile the fanart for tiles and background options for the tiles doesn't work but will default.

If you're using Mediabrowser, you should enter your credentials in the plugin and than reboot XBMC...

btw: I'm sorry I hit the wrong button and edited your entry instead of just quote ;-)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - puenktchen - 2014-09-28

(2014-09-28, 06:01)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2014-09-25, 22:07)pünktchen Wrote: I will answer for raid517 ;-)
The general handling of the XBMC tv-section is still a pain. Also there's no color highlighting of the current program in the timeline view, no genre colors and no information about season or episode of tvshows.

In classic mode of your Titan skin the context-menu is still the one from Avalon skin -> small and black instead of light grey and wide with blue highlighting.
The movie details view looks unfinished, the semi transparent black background is missing. Also in other places.
The homescreen is missing submenus. Random backgrounds on homescreen should respect the highlighted tile -> movies only movie fanart, tvshows only series fanart and so on. The blue bar at bottom has a different height and different margins in different screens. The video preview window overlaps movieposters. In general the margins need some finetuning.

Beside this you did a fantastic job so far!!!

I've spent some time with polishing up the classic theme, looks even more finished now ;-)
Also, now optional submenu is possible on the home menu.

I could't find what you mean with "the semi transparant black ground is missing"... where do you miss that ? (what screen/dialog/view) ?

Please take a look at version 2.0.15 (available in the xbmb3c repo) and let me know!

Thanks, it looks much better now! But still not perfect:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nyz0nhuqro0asy6/Homescreen.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ecjwc3jz7ob6nk2/Movie%20List.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zehcojrm27qldo/Movie%20footer.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/57pqw0lau2aj6hg/Movie%20Details.png?dl=0

The nice submenu reacts a little bit strange: The first selection always kicks me back to the home tile?!
Would it be possible to make one also for tvseries?

Btw. Don't you have a github repo? I would like to get my hands on your titan skin to make some changes...

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-28

(2014-09-28, 23:36)pünktchen Wrote: The nice submenu reacts a little bit strange: The first selection always kicks me back to the home tile?!
Would it be possible to make one also for tvseries?

your images aren't working... what is it that's not perfect ?
I did indeed see the strange behaviour of the submenu's. Because I had to implement the autofocus (auto collapse like was requested) I changed it a lot and now it's fine :-)

Thanks for the feedback, I spent lot's of time finetuning and testing but almost impossible to see it all ;-)

(2014-09-28, 23:36)pünktchen Wrote: Btw. Don't you have a github repo? I would like to get my hands on your titan skin to make some changes...

Sorry, I was too soon with my reply. Images are fine now. Will make the changes, bit difficult as I have to switch between classic theme and default theme up and forth as most images are shared ones :-)

I have my SVN hosted at assembla. If you want you can off course assist, maybe with aligning the items in classic theme ? ;-)
Also, I see that you are a German user. Is it possible for you to translate the skin's language file to German ?
I did it myself for Dutch as I'm from The Netherlands but my German is not that good that I can choose the right words to put in the translation file....

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2014-09-29

new version in the xbmb3c repo: version 2.0.16

- fixed the strange behaviour on the submenu
- added Big panel view
- added option to auto show the submenu
- added submenu for tvshows
- added preloading of widgets to startup to improve speed
- added support for profiles/switch user
- fixed several small glitches

Please test and all feedback is welcome. Without any major errors this version will also be updated on the official repo later this week.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - ullms - 2014-09-29

I'm getting a script error on the Titan helper service when xbmc loads.
Using v2.0.16

(2014-09-29, 02:47)ullms Wrote: I'm getting a script error on the Titan helper service when xbmc loads.
Using v2.0.16

That's not good.... Could you please provide me your xbmc logfile?

EDIT: nevermind, found the problem allready, will fix it later today.
Shouldn't have any concequences for the skin's functionality as the errors only happens for users without Mediabrowser as library.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - logan_x50 - 2014-09-29

First up another thank you.

Love the new Panel View and large thumb option
Love the vertical scroll
Love the new select viewmenu (great example of doing more with less)
Love the option to auto show the submenu
Love the profile log off option

Great work. This skin just gets better and better. there may even be some more goodies in this version I haven't had a chance to fully play yet

Couple of things I noticed
  • not sure if the show submenu on/off works?
  • i get a titan skin helper script fail message on start
  • when scrolling through the panel view I get X showing before the thumbnail appears so it kind of "flashes" as it alternates between the X and the thumbnail which is a bit of an eyesore

p.s. What is the "footer bar"?

(2014-09-29, 10:34)logan_x50 Wrote: p.s. What is the "footer bar"?

the blue footer bar at the bottom of every screen.

(2014-09-29, 10:06)logan_x50 Wrote: not sure if the show submenu on/off works?
You can enable/disable it on a per-tile base for the movies, tvshows, PVR, music and Netflix tiles.
Or do you mean something else ?
(2014-09-29, 10:06)logan_x50 Wrote: I get a titan skin helper script fail message on start
Yep, there's a small issue in it, will fix that later today so stay tuned. Shouldn't have any concequences for functionality of the skin.
(2014-09-29, 10:06)logan_x50 Wrote: when scrolling through the panel view I get X showing before the thumbnail appears so it kind of "flashes" as it alternates between the X and the thumbnail which is a bit of an eyesore
Ah, that's the fallback image I've set. Didn't see that behaviour you describe but maybe because my development machine is rather fast and doesn't have large collections setup. Will test later today on slower machines (with actually large library collections).
Think it's better if I set the fallback image to something else.Will do that later.

(2014-09-29, 11:34)marcelveldt Wrote: You can enable/disable it on a per-tile base for the movies, tvshows, PVR, music and Netflix tiles.
Or do you mean something else ?
Ahhh. I missed the point. I see that there's an "auto show sub-menu" in the advanced section and "enable submenu buttons" in the Tile Settings.
In fact what I was referring to in my suggestion was the "advanced home screen including hub" option. What I see in .16 version is the hub (or what i knew as the "home shelf" in Amber) now displays (without the description) automatically without the extra remote key press. showing recent movies or tv shows is a useful short-cut for navigation for me at least and I think looks great so i like it permantly on.
As for the auto show sub-menu...sorry not a big fan. I would prefer sub-menu option behaviour to be like this.>highlight the main menu>press down on remote for sub-menu>sub menu slides from bottom of screen. for auto show sub menu I would permanently display beneath the main menu in a confluence style

I'm really sorry if I've messed you around with the request but you nailed what I wanted with the hub setting in .16 so again thank you.

(2014-09-29, 11:34)marcelveldt Wrote: Ah, that's the fallback image I've set. Didn't see that behaviour you describe but maybe because my development machine is rather fast and doesn't have large collections setup. Will test later today on slower machines (with actually large library collections).
Think it's better if I set the fallback image to something else.Will do that later.
maybe a plain black image so its less strobing? FYI I was testing this on OSX 2.5ghz i5 12GB Ram with 821 items (XBMC says) in my movies library

p.s. i don't use mediabrowser integration or netflix ...just native xbmc library.
Looking forward to the update on the main xbmc repo so i can add to my main living room xbmc (aftv)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - puenktchen - 2014-09-29

(2014-09-28, 23:43)marcelveldt Wrote: I have my SVN hosted at assembla. If you want you can off course assist, maybe with aligning the items in classic theme ? ;-)
Also, I see that you are a German user. Is it possible for you to translate the skin's language file to German ?
I did it myself for Dutch as I'm from The Netherlands but my German is not that good that I can choose the right words to put in the translation file....

Translation should be no problem.
Aligning items in the classic theme: I will try it. But don't expect to much, the excessive use of "includes" in your skin files makes it really hard
for a XBMC skinning newbie. I've spent 4 hours for this changes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4ro5nd6vs2iq6y/Homescreen_new.png?dl=0

Repos at assembla aren't public, am i right?