Kodi Community Forum
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin (/showthread.php?tid=201061)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - saitoh183 - 2015-05-24

(2015-05-24, 18:01)dlanor Wrote:
(2015-05-24, 14:59)saitoh183 Wrote: The thing I don't get is that there is support via the Amber skin which is just another kodi skin with plexbmc support and also in the plex home theater from plex. Oh well I guess I'm confused about the Amber screen shot I saw with Amber and plexbmc on the plex forum.
Perhaps the screenshots you saw were from other Amber versions than the ones for current Kodi+PlexBMC.
The Amber skin has been available both for the old "Plex Media Center" client and the newer "Plex Home Theater" client.
And in these versions there are working viewmodes for banners.

The skin for XBMC/Kodi also has a similar feature, by choosing the option "Banner (wide) thumbs" together with either of the viewmodes "Big Panel" or "Icons".
And this usage works fine for me with older versions of XBMC and an old PlexBMC version.

But for me that usage does not work properly with the newer PlexBMC versions which are needed for Kodi.
With these versions I just get black rectangles where the banners should be.
Perhaps this will change with future PlexBMC releases. (Remember that the current PlexBMC 4.0.0 series is still in beta.)

Best regards: dlanor

Yes this is the issue i have in Amber as well...black squares and in titan i is just squashed poster with title as overlay

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dlanor - 2015-05-24

(2015-05-24, 18:14)marcelveldt Wrote: I never realized that the limit of 10 sections could be reached [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]. I Will increase it to 15 or 20. Available in beta version tonight.
Thanks, I really appreciate it.

I realize that most people probably use their PMS servers with just the basic default sections for movies, music, photos and TV shows.
But when you build a large media library you run into the need to use subcategories and keep unrelated media separate.
Thus I have separate media sections for kids shows and kids movies, as well as separate sections for any media that do not scan well using metadata agents, so I define all metadata manually for those sections. And there are a few others too. Currently I have 12 proper Plex media sections, not counting the "Playlists" section (which I think lacks PlexBMC support).

Btw: A common problem I've had with most XBMC/Kodi skins is that viewmode settings of TV shows seem to be stored individually per show.
This becomes a major problem when you have a large number of shows and want consistent settings everywhere.
So for well over a thousand shows I have to make well over two thousand viewmode configurations, to set both season list mode and episode list mode for each one.

In Plex clients like PHT we don't have that problem, as all settings for one sublist of a section apply to all that section's sublists of identical type.
(So setting viewmode for one season in a "TV shows" section sets that mode for all seasons of all its shows, but without affecting other "TV shows" sections.)

PlexBMC also solves this issue for the skins it has special support for, by optionally enforcing video modes for all media lists of identical type.
Thus I choose the mode for season lists just once per skin, and likewise the mode for episode lists etc.

Is there any way to achieve similar conformity of settings in an XBMC/Kodi skin without the special support of PlexBMC ?

Btw: Where are beta versions of this skin available ?
I tried downloading from a github repo in my first attempts, but that version did not work well at all for me.
So now I have installed it through the 'emby' repo, but I'm doubtful if that will link to beta versions as well.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - mihawk90 - 2015-05-24

Hm this is a weird issue for you. On my end it saves the media views globally.

It sometimes seems to reset every now and then, but when I set it again on a show it is set for every other as well. Occasionally some shows are set to something different but I couldn't figure out why yet.

I would guess this is something in Kodi though since the settings are stored by Kodi and it would probably be some work to even save show by show by the skin.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-05-24

(2015-05-24, 19:11)dlanor Wrote:
(2015-05-24, 18:14)marcelveldt Wrote: I never realized that the limit of 10 sections could be reached [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]. I Will increase it to 15 or 20. Available in beta version tonight.
Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Btw: A common problem I've had with most XBMC/Kodi skins is that viewmode settings of TV shows seem to be stored individually per show.
This becomes a major problem when you have a large number of shows and want consistent settings everywhere.
So for well over a thousand shows I have to make well over two thousand viewmode configurations, to set both season list mode and episode list mode for each one.

In Plex clients like PHT we don't have that problem, as all settings for one sublist of a section apply to all that section's sublists of identical type.
(So setting viewmode for one season in a "TV shows" section sets that mode for all seasons of all its shows, but without affecting other "TV shows" sections.)

PlexBMC also solves this issue for the skins it has special support for, by optionally enforcing video modes for all media lists of identical type.
Thus I choose the mode for season lists just once per skin, and likewise the mode for episode lists etc.

Is there any way to achieve similar conformity of settings in an XBMC/Kodi skin without the special support of PlexBMC ?

Btw: Where are beta versions of this skin available ?
I tried downloading from a github repo in my first attempts, but that version did not work well at all for me.
So now I have installed it through the 'emby' repo, but I'm doubtful if that will link to beta versions as well.

Kodi stores the selected view per-show base... I am working on a skin feature to set the views globally. This would be available within a few weeks. The plexbmc addon (and so are many other addons) provide settings to set the default view. The pain with this is that every skin in Kodi uses different view Id's and names so most addons just insert some of the popular skins and that's it. I'm more for a general approach and think that I found something that can be used with every skin and every addon. Offcourse I want to share this with the skinners and addon creators out here and they have to embrace the idea. I will post on this forum if there's any news regarding this matter.

The official/stable version of this skin is available on the official Kodi repository. I provide beta versions on the Emby beta repository.
Do not use the Github repo because of the simple fact that it contains unfinished stuff. Github is only used by me and some users out here who help me with the skin.

BTW: I can not provide a new beta tonight because the code is currently a little broken because we're working on some major changes with the textures. I'm sure this will be fixed tomorrow so the fix for the 15 collections in Plex will be available then.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dlanor - 2015-05-24

(2015-05-24, 20:30)marcelveldt Wrote: Kodi stores the selected view per-show base... I am working on a skin feature to set the views globally. This would be available within a few weeks. The plexbmc addon (and so are many other addons) provide settings to set the default view. The pain with this is that every skin in Kodi uses different view Id's and names so most addons just insert some of the popular skins and that's it. I'm more for a general approach and think that I found something that can be used with every skin and every addon. Offcourse I want to share this with the skinners and addon creators out here and they have to embrace the idea. I will post on this forum if there's any news regarding this matter.
That's great news for me as I've always seen the need to set modes per sublist instance as a big problem with XBMC methods.
It affects not only TV shows but any other media with multiple list levels too, such as music with the lists of artists/albums/tracks.

Quote:The official/stable version of this skin is available on the official Kodi repository. I provide beta versions on the Emby beta repository.
Well in that case I'm already set up to get it, since that's the repository I used for my current install. Smile

Quote:Do not use the Github repo because of the simple fact that it contains unfinished stuff. Github is only used by me and some users out here who help me with the skin.
Yes, I assumed it was some kind of 'work in progress' issue that messed up my first attempt to use it (before I found the Emby repo).

Quote:BTW: I can not provide a new beta tonight because the code is currently a little broken because we're working on some major changes with the textures. I'm sure this will be fixed tomorrow so the fix for the 15 collections in Plex will be available then.
That will of course be fine. I'm grateful that you're dealing so promptly with the issue (or at all). Smile

I assume I just select/open the repo and make a check for updates in order to find the beta update when it's been released.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - yayaya - 2015-05-25

@marcelveldt Hi mate love the skin, I recommend it to everyone I know who uses kodi :-)
Quick question....
If I'm trying to view a YouTube trailer from the context menu, is there a way it can open without kicking you out of the addon? Maybe open up in a new window so I can return to what I was looking at rather than being taken back to the home screen?

Congratulations with your new born aswell, mines about 8 weeks ago and it's my first so I'm super excited :-)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - SABERZAID - 2015-05-26

best skin ever , can you please add a dvd case or blueray case view

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dlanor - 2015-05-27

@marcelveldt:
Please don't take this as 'nagging', as I'm posting now just to determine if something is wrong with my setup, or if I need do something I've missed to get the beta updates.

On the 24'th you said that you planned for a new beta 'tomorrow' (so the 25'th), which would change the old limit on 10 Plex sections to 15.
Since then I've checked for updates several times, using the context menu command "check for updates" with the skin addon selected and with the emby repo addon selected, and for the latter I've also tried the repo-specific command "force refresh". None of these commands have had any effect on the Titan skin, though the updating does work for other addons.

I'm not very well versed in XBMC operation of repos and addons, so perhaps I'm missing something obvious (to an old XBMC hand)...

On the other hand, I suppose it's also possible that the release of the new beta just got delayed for some reason.
If so, that's fine too, but I need to know which it is...

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - User 224999 - 2015-05-27

Hi guys, sorry have been away for a few days because of the birth of our beautiful daughter [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]. I will provide the promised great new beta today or tomorrow.

Titan MediaBrowser skin - stueeey - 2015-05-27

(2015-05-27, 11:01)marcelveldt Wrote: Hi guys, sorry have been away for a few days because of the birth of our beautiful daughter [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]. I will provide the promised great new beta today or tomorrow.

Congratulations Marcel 😀[THUMBS UP SIGN]?

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - Simograndi - 2015-05-27

Congratulations then!!! Big Grin first think to the baby, then the beta Smile

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - dlanor - 2015-05-27

(2015-05-27, 11:01)marcelveldt Wrote: Hi guys, sorry have been away for a few days because of the birth of our beautiful daughter [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]. I will provide the promised great new beta today or tomorrow.

Oh, I see. You should of course put family first at all times. And congratulations on the happy occasion.
I do look forward to the new beta release, whenever you have time for it.

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - saitoh183 - 2015-05-27

Congrats Buddy!

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - werewolf80 - 2015-05-27

Congrats! Enjoy :-)

RE: Titan MediaBrowser skin - wheemer - 2015-05-27

Congratulations!